over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

DC training during "off" periods?

Silencer

FOUNDING Member
Registered
I'm towards the end of my half-year cycle, and having just ended my diet have decided to try DC training, one of the few programs I haven't yet tried.

Given how my body responds after diets, I expect to make some great progress in the next 7 weeks; then I have a dilemma, as I'm scheduled to come off through January.

Besides the "don't come off" answer (which is tempting me...), how do year-round DC trainers handle coming off AAS? Normally when I come off, it is a 5-6 month-long fight against losing LBM and strength, esp since my natty test levels are at the low range. So it would seem to me that if I am to continue to "beat the logbook" -- when all my bests were set on gear, then coming off I'm not going to be able to make much headway. Any ideas or suggestions?

Or those of you who do shorter cycles, say 8 on and 8 off: I'm assuming during the 8 on, you are setting all kinds of records. Then during the 8 off, you are struggling to maintain those lifts, let alone make new ground. So do you just compare the "on" times versus other "on" times, and try to beat "off" times with your prior "off times"?

Last edited:
I can't help you with DC as I don't know the program/system other than what some members on here mention in various posts but I think sadly most advanced trainers just don't come off. Even the guys who come off are never "off". Some of my more advanced friends so to say consider some eq and anavar as "off" and so do a lot of other guys. To me that's not off. I am never one to gain a lot when I am on and quite frankly I have never gone on to gain size, I always and only go on when I diet. I just eat more when I want to grow not take juice. I end up with a total recomp of my body and do gain size each time, do that over the course of 3-4 years and you are holding on to some serious size that you won't lose.

As far as working out, let me just ask are trying to keep hitting personal bests in the gym while being off? You most likely will lose a good 10-15% of your best weights on lifts, maybe more maybe less and that is expected. I think you need to change around your workout such that you cant compare them to your on cycle workouts and also won't mess with your head mentally since you can't tell if you are doing less. Do longer sets - increase time under tension (TUT), negatives, different exercises - go from flat bench to dumbbells, maybe try some GVT - German Volume Training.

But to answer your last sentence I guess yeah most people who go on and off will compare their PR's to when they were on each time, it only makes sense.

I'm towards the end of my half-year cycle, and having just ended my diet have decided to try DC training, one of the few programs I haven't yet tried.

Given how my body responds after diets, I expect to make some great progress in the next 7 weeks; then I have a dilemma, as I'm scheduled to come off through January.

Besides the "don't come off" answer (which is tempting me...), how do year-round DC trainers handle coming off AAS? Normally when I come off, it is a 5-6 month-long fight against losing LBM and strength, esp since my natty test levels are at the low range. So it would seem to me that if I am to continue to "beat the logbook" -- when all my bests were set on gear, then coming off I'm not going to be able to make much headway. Any ideas or suggestions?

Or those of you who do shorter cycles, say 8 on and 8 off: I'm assuming during the 8 on, you are setting all kinds of records. Then during the 8 off, you are struggling to maintain those lifts, let alone make new ground. So do you just compare the "on" times versus other "on" times, and try to beat "off" times with your prior "off times"?

I've actually contemplated keeping two logbooks: one "ON" and one "OFF". Then I would just bounce from one to the other as my AAS schedule would dictate. Sounds good in theory but I don't know how practical the application of it would be...just a thought!

Well if you're seriously considering DC, u can do one of two things I.M.O.

1.) Have a "Geared" blast, come off cycle, then have a "natty" blast, basically restarting ur logbook or keep a separate one.

2.) blast and cruise your juice with DC, and come off after 3 blasts or so and have ur half a year natty.

Although, I.M.O., at your age, with your extensive long term AAS usage, you should probably maintain at least H.R.T. dosage at all times and bump up for your "bulk" cycle or whatever u may call it.

Half year cycle? Do you actually mean half a year straight on gear?

Or is this referring to a training or diet cycle?

I'm fairly certain he means half year straight on gear. I read another post of his where he stated that his gains appear a lot more permanent with longer cycles.

Half year cycle? Do you actually mean half a year straight on gear?

Or is this referring to a training or diet cycle?

Dad -- yes, I meant a 6-month gear cycle.

Cecray and BigJB -- the "on" and "off" separate logbooks idea is a good one. Thanks for the idea.

NYMuscle -- typically when I come off, in the past I've simply continued my workout, but almost in reverse "beat the logbook" fashion as my strength faded: for example, if I got up to incline bench of 3x6x275 (obviously a non-DC program), then I would keep pressing that weight until my strength dropped to the point a few weeks later where I could only get 2 or 3 reps on the last set, at which point I'd drop 10 pounds to 265. Then 255 if necessary. And so on. I would try to keep the weights as heavy as my strength could handle at that point. After a while, I'll switch up programs entirely, doing HST or just swapping out all exercises. The next time I'd get on gear, I'd switch programs again and aim to go past my prior peaks, say 295 or 305 on inclines by the end.

Why not treat coming "off" as a new blast where you reset your weights and ease back into things? At least with DC training, after a two week cruise you aren't going to jump in and start R/P the exact weight/reps you peaked at in week 8 of your last blast. You'll get over-trained in a hurry if you do, not to mention the risk of injury, muscle tears etc.

Lower the weights and increase the rep range for the first few weeks back while continually striving to beat your new numbers in the logbook, and you'll probably find you get back up or close to your previous blast PRs in due time.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws