over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

RANT...........fTHIS

hollaatyaboyy1

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I HAVE CONCLUDED THERE ARE IN FACT NO MORE HARDCORE GYMS ANYMORE..... TO MAKE ALONG STORY VERY SHORT I DECIDE I AM GOIG TO DEADLIFT TODAY .....I ALWAYS LIFT INTENSE HOWEVER I FELT EXTRA GOOD TODAY AND HADEN'T DEADLIFTED IN A WHILE (AT LEAST 4/5 MONTHS)....

GYM OWNER- COMPETITIVE BODYBUILDER 5'10 245 DEFINATLY SUB 10%, SEES ME PUSHING HARD AND COMES OVER TO GREET ME ... AFTER A 450LB LIFT FOR A FEW REPS... WE EXCHANGE AFEW WORDS HE TELLS ME IT WAS A GREAT LIFT AND THEN HE WALKS AWAY...... I TAKE MY REST AND IM READY TO TRY 520 I HAVE NEVER DONE THAT AMOUNT OF WEIGHT WITH NO STRAPS AND OR BELT....NEEDLESS TO SAY GOT IT MORE THEN #QUARTERS UP AND GRIP GAVE OUT THE BAR DROPS....NOWWW IM SO FUCKIN PISSED FOR DROPPING THIS THING ON THE ACCOUNT OF MY GRIP ALREADY...HE COMES RUNING OVER YELLING AT ME FLIPPIN OUT SAYIN I BETTER RELAX BEFORE I BREAK SOMETHING IN THE GYM....

THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE THE LAST OF THE Dungeness GYMS ....NOW ALL IM GETTING IS TECHNO MUSIC BLARING ,OLD EQUIPTMENT, AND NOW I CANT GO HEAVY....IT WAS A MISSED FUCKIN LIFT.....WTFFFFFF

the gym owner can ask his customers to treat his equipment how he sees fit - he owns it

on the other hand the customers can chose not to train there. i understand finding a hardcore gym is difficult now, so leaving is not so great an option

what about training at home? a garage or basement? you can drop all the crap you want anytime you want with any music playing. maybe just do things like deadlift or clean/jerk at home and use the gym for smaller body parts

NO CHANCE AT DOING THEM AT HOME SADLY... I THINK MAYBE I TOOK IT A LITTLE TO HEART. HOWEVER ....IT DEF CAUGHT ME BY SURPRISE. I NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD HAVE HEARD THAT COME OUT OF ANYONES MOUTH THERE

Hardcore gyms don't make money. People get into business to make money, thus you will find very few hardcore gyms. I got tired of hard core gyms 10 years ago. I like nice equipment.

NO CHANCE AT DOING THEM AT HOME SADLY... I THINK MAYBE I TOOK IT A LITTLE TO HEART. HOWEVER ....IT DEF CAUGHT ME BY SURPRISE. I NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD HAVE HEARD THAT COME OUT OF ANYONES MOUTH THERE

He obviously respected your lift bro, or he wouldn't have come over and said anything complimentary in the 1st place. My take based on your side of the story: he overreacted when he heard the thud (chances are he's not used to much weight falling in his gym) and you did a bit when he flipped. Explain it to him. Shit happens.
Peace

Hardcore gyms don't make money. People get into business to make money, thus you will find very few hardcore gyms. I got tired of hard core gyms 10 years ago. I like nice equipment.

i agree i beleive it comes with age, people nowadays don't want that noisy lifter in the gym they will leave and find another, then the owner loses out sad but true....

i agree i beleive it comes with age, people nowadays don't want that noisy lifter in the gym they will leave and find another, then the owner loses out sad but true....
us bodybuilders are a dying breed, lol, ......... the yuppies are taking over!

this is why i honestly dont see why gyms dont invest in at least 3 or 4 sets of bumper plates..

this is why i honestly dont see why gyms dont invest in at least 3 or 4 sets of bumper plates..

or even deadlifting platforms....

This is an unfortunate reality- I have only seen a couple gyms that set it up with a segregated section for hardcore bbers and plers- one gym had a chain link fence with constantine wire across the top-and the rules stated that if you entered that section you put up with the behavior in there- any complaints would not be acknowledged.

So the gym had its 'everyday' mom n pop section for the yups and a hardcore section for meathedz...at least someone is trying.

This is an unfortunate reality- I have only seen a couple gyms that set it up with a segregated section for hardcore bbers and plers- one gym had a chain link fence with constantine wire across the top-and the rules stated that if you entered that section you put up with the behavior in there- any complaints would not be acknowledged.

So the gym had its 'everyday' mom n pop section for the yups and a hardcore section for meathedz...at least someone is trying.

that is sickkkkkkkkkk

so you don't want to lay on a bench with a bolt sticking through the worn out padding? lol :)

LOL.....been there, done that!

World Gym

The last one I was in was 15 or so years back. A World Gym owned by Scott Wilson. Nice guy. He had a PL/Oly room in the back with a squat rack, bench and platform for Oly lifts, both iron and bumper plates. We could yell, kick shit, drop things...good times And the rest of the gym wasnt bothered because they couldnt really see or hear anything. I think this must be the only way to have a Hardcore aspect at any gym that also wants to make money.

I got a "talkn to" by the manager of the Y I lift at for using chalk:mad:..of course, she didn't tell me to stop. So, I have to be careful not get it all over the shinny chrome bars.

^THIS IS F**** AMAZING!!!!! why cant all gyms do this!?:headbang:

I owned a hard core gym

Didn't make any money. Plus some 305lb monster bent a bar doing deadlifts (said he was sorry) and several guys broke mirrors dropping or not controlling weights. Sometimes they said they were sorry. Dropping a bar with 520lbs because you were pushing it too hard without wearing straps is more disrepectful than anything the gym owner wasted his time saying to you. Do you guys have any idea how f'in difficult it is to clean up chalk? Nearly impossible. I allowed it. I still use it in my basement. Many of my members couldn't pay their dues on time. And they still spent 95% of their time working their beach muscles walking around in tight tank tops and those baggy clown pants. And not putting back their weights. The best way to make money off of juiceheads is to sell them juice.

Now the hard core stuff is in my basement. I love using it. Next time I'd target stay at home Mom's and yuppies. There's a reason there are no hard core gyms. If they made money they would be there. DUH!!!!!! Economics 101.

Maybe you all think Obama's stimulus plan should be used to open hard core gyms for the 1% of 1% of the people who would use them. And pay their dues without destroying the stuff during their hormonal rages.

What do I know? Come on over and use my 106lb kettle bells on my half rack and olympic platform.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity