Deads on a hack squat machine

Elvia1023

Featured Member / Supp Guru / Board Supporter
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Board Supporter
Verified Customer
not sure that is necessary. he even said never did it b4. guess he didn't need it to get there in the first place

glass isnt using these as a lower back exercise i dont beleive. he uses this method quite regularly for ham strings. its more of a stiff leg dead movement. i saw dennis james first use this about 2 yrs back. its supposed to remove the pressure from the erectors and place the full load on the hams/glute tie in

Kai, said "I dont feel a thing on my lower back". But what I can't understand is, is he not feeling it because his back is so trong? or is he not feeling because of whatever? If you are bending over that deep and you're using your hands to lift the sled a bit your lower back has to be taking the brunt of this half way up before he straightens out NO???

THAT MOVEMENT IN THE LONG RUN WILL RUIN YOUR BACK.

Kai, said "I dont feel a thing on my lower back". But what I can't understand is, is he not feeling it because his back is so trong? or is he not feeling because of whatever? If you are bending over that deep and you're using your hands to lift the sled a bit your lower back has to be taking the brunt of this half way up before he straightens out NO???

IF U keep ur core tight and ur back as straight as possible u can go moderately heavy on these without ur lower back taking over. When i train quads and hams together, my stiFF leg deads usually come last. since i can go pretty heavy my lower back takes a ride doing them after squatting. so i use a variation of this movement to trash my hams. i use that assisted squat machine and face towards it. place my feet far back on the platform and execute the same way kai does here. kills my hams and doesnt recruit much lower back.

Last edited:
I gave these a try today after squatting. They really do take the low-back out of the equation in comparison to reg stiffs and seem to hit low glute/hamstring tie-in area ...
I think I will keep these in since my hams seem to be lagging, and my low-back is usually super pumped after squats.

I gave these a try today after squatting. They really do take the low-back out of the equation in comparison to reg stiffs and seem to hit low glute/hamstring tie-in area ...
I think I will keep these in since my hams seem to be lagging, and my low-back is usually super pumped after squats.

TOLD YA :D

Ty very much for posting this. These just replaced sldl's in my rotation. First time I've had wrecked hams without a sore lower back.

looks like something mountaindog would come up with.:eek:

Ty very much for posting this. These just replaced sldl's in my rotation. First time I've had wrecked hams without a sore lower back.

No problem. Glad the link has helped you. I thought it was really interesting so posted. I am yet to try them. Lots of his videos have good info in.

yep - they work great!

I feel the tension all in my hams/glutes, very very little lower back

reverse hack squats. been doing these ever since i trained with victor martinez. great movement. kills the hams and glutes.

dont know if was my height or the the type of hack squat but it didnt work at all for me. when i tried to come down it wouldnt allow my body to go into the position needed for sldl. watched the video a tons of times and tried to mimic it but wouldnt work.

From what i understand reverse hacks to be and Kais exercise on the video are two different things. In reverse hacks aret the feet higher up on the platform and u push ur butt back and bend ur knees whereas kais movemnt his feet were low and there was minimal knee bend.

Yeah i think they are different. In kai's original reverse hacks they were more like the old school hip sled press. These on the video look like murder on the hams. I want to try them next week:D

Me too....reverse hacks never seemed quite comfortable to me.....not that these look "comfortable"...but they look like they do a number on the hams

Yeah i think they are different. In kai's original reverse hacks they were more like the old school hip sled press. These on the video look like murder on the hams. I want to try them next week:D

Yeah they are completely different. I tried them yesterday. I played about with foot position on warmups just to get a feel. Kai's foot position is spot on (as instructed by Charles). You need to keep them low. My toes were on the floor and not the platform. Play about to you get fully comfortable (no weight). Don't go heavy first day. Keeping your feel low completely blasts your hams.

I only had abit of weight on (for me) and my hams are sore today. No lower back whatsoever. By the way I am 6ft 2/3 and it was comfortable for me. I am gonna keep this at moderate weight and high reps.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws