over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Stuck between a rock & a hard place

SL1CED

Kilo Klub Member / Board Supporter
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Board Supporter
I'm in a sticky situation. And I'll keep it as condensed as possible.

Been fat and weak for my entire life. Been yo-yo'ing, hiring bad people, and spending money on useless supps for the past 2.5 years. I'm currently 150lbs @ 11.5% body fat in the best condition I've been in my life, yet still no "abdominal visibility" as I can grab a good 1.5inches of my tummy of just pure jiggly fat. Not cool man.

Hired a legitimate trainer, and will hire Shelby, or Alex, or Phil, or someone that's obviously credible for nutrition/cardio/progresssion, and not a piece of crap like the 24 hour fatness trainer I got 2 years ago.

Which direction do I go with such a trainer/nutritionist;

1) Bulk. Already have stomach fat, feel miserable when I get "fatter" and look even more out of shape. Get stressed, avoid social settings, and lose confidence.

2) Cut. I'm 150lbs. That'd be even more unhealthy.

Or, is there a medium to both? You think I can could get bigger/stronger yet get in better shape?

Also, I hear people saying hire a nutritionist that suits what you think your body does best. What I THINK has obviously been wrong. I've gone nowhere. I've done a complete 360 in the 2.5 years. So I'll hire someone in the opposite thinking?

If you guys need any more information, I have it. I have bloodwork, recent photos, etc. I'm kind of ashamed to put photo's up, I'd prefer to PM if you're interested(no homo).

I know for a fact that I'm the smallest guy here.

And I'm 19 years old btw and a college student.

pick one of the guys you mentioned and let them know what you would like to see in the mirror. and let them do what they do. i think you will be amazed. look at some of there clients and see the transformation thats possible with solid advices. best of luck stick with it bro it will happen with hard work good diet.

Last edited:
pick one of the guys you mentioned and let them know what you would like to see in the mirror. and let them do what they do. i think you will be amazed. look at some of there clients and see the transformation thats possible with solid advices. best of luck stick with it bro it will happen with hard work good diet.

True story. I changed my budget on this stuff from supplements and protein to training, diet, and protein. From the looks of it, if I just keep core supps; ZMA, Vitamin D, and Multi-Vitamin. With 3-4 months of a supply of like creatine, or amino acids or something fancy, it still saves a lot of money. And then I already paid for a trainer, now a nutritionist.

I was suckered into such crap, like the MuscleTech Muscle Stack. Spent $400 on that in GNC. I'm not a rich kid by any means, all I do is spend my money on school and trying to get big. At least one's working out at a phenomenal rate. The other......not so much.

Last edited:
for your foundational supps, i would kick the ZMA and invest in fish/flax oil.

for your foundational supps, i would kick the ZMA and invest in fish/flax oil.

Don't consider fish oil a supplement. Just like I don't consider protein a supplement. It's the same as me buying olive oil or meat, no?

I get a nice supply of fish oil in every 3 or so months. Liquid version so that it's higher dosage. But, boy, it makes your breath stink. You have to listerine and brush your teeth, then take a mint after to get that smell out.

True story. I changed my budget on this stuff from supplements and protein to training, diet, and protein. From the looks of it, if I just keep core supps; ZMA, Vitamin D, and Multi-Vitamin. With 3-4 months of a supply of like creatine, or amino acids or something fancy, it still saves a lot of money. And then I already paid for a trainer, now a nutritionist.

I was suckered into such crap, like the MuscleTech Muscle Stack. Spent $400 on that in GNC. I'm not a rich kid by any means, all I do is spend my money on school and trying to get big. At least one's working out at a phenomenal rate. The other......not so much.

muscle tech= garbage (IMO) good vitamin&mineral, bcaas, good protein, good diet and hard work. its a slow process dont get discouraged just stick with it.
trueprotein.com lets you build your own mix with all the goodies you want. they also carry good supps.

muscle tech= garbage (IMO) good vitamin&mineral, bcaas, good protein, good diet and hard work. its a slow process dont get discouraged just stick with it.
trueprotein.com lets you build your own mix with all the goodies you want. they also carry good supps.

I checked true protein out. It is a very versatile site, however, I have no clue what to build. There's way too many whey proteins too chose from. I was going to go with the pre-formulated one's but then there's too many. I'll worry about getting it when I get closer to the date I'm finished with the one's I have here.

As for other supplements, I'm sure there good but I don't like to spend too much there. I'm 150lbs, I can worry about using real supplements when I'm at a sticking point. For now, money should be spent on well-advised training, nutrition and cardio. Then, the necessary items for it(like protein powder, fish oil, liver tabs). I live at the dorms and get very good college food. I have a broad, and but somewhat inconsistent food base. Always a big selection and food is actually above average.

I checked true protein out. It is a very versatile site, however, I have no clue what to build. There's way too many whey proteins too chose from. I was going to go with the pre-formulated one's but then there's too many. I'll worry about getting it when I get closer to the date I'm finished with the one's I have here.

As for other supplements, I'm sure there good but I don't like to spend too much there. I'm 150lbs, I can worry about using real supplements when I'm at a sticking point. For now, money should be spent on well-advised training, nutrition and cardio. Then, the necessary items for it(like protein powder, fish oil, liver tabs). I live at the dorms and get very good college food. I have a broad, and but somewhat inconsistent food base. Always a big selection and food is actually above average.

well for supps i ment the basics vita/min creatine, aminos and very good test booster.

Hire one of the board trainers

If you are committed and able to hire one of those guys, they will have all the right answers to your questions.

Maximum return on your time, effort and money.

If you are committed and able to hire one of those guys, they will have all the right answers to your questions.

Maximum return on your time, effort and money.

I am hiring one, by the end of this month. Trying to start it around school time.

I am hiring one, by the end of this month. Trying to start it around school time.

Hire Phil hernon.
Get LBA's
Creatine
glutamine
Beta Aneline(sp?)
Baby asprin
good multi vitamen
Massive G's powered muscle from true protien
Massive G's super test booster

then Pm me and ill get you started wiht some basics on nutrition and training, and let Phil take over when you hire him. Trust me Phil will be the best $250 you ever spent.

While I believe and as we all know, they are all more than 100% qualified. While I appreciate the guided advice, I think it's best for me to talk to them on a personal basis and really gauge it. It's a lot of my money, my time, and my commitment. I'm sure every choice will be right to a degree, but I just feel safer being patient.

And I do know the basics, I know above of that. I just have a very hard time on not stressing about it, and try to make quick fixes.

Ultimately, hiring one of these guys cuts out an infinite years of guesswork I may encounter, and most importantly, gives me a vote of confidence. I'll talk to them all, and make my choice. If anything, the more names the better. My priorities are feedback and money. I don't want to be another client to a top notch prep guy that he just sends cookie cutter stuff, ignores e-mails, etc. I want some type of recognition and feedback is a huge part of the game. Money is second, but if someone is elite, we'll always work something out.

Phil is definitely on the list, and at a high spot, I just feel I should look at more. I've heard Mountain dog and humunoculus, I just don't know how to contact them.

Also, that's a ton of supplements. I really don't think I want to invest in 90% of that.

Just ZMA, Vitamin D, and every so often a good quality Creatine. I'm young and at a low body weight, I should invest my money in foods that I can't get at the DC; ezekiel bread, top quality protein, WMS. And let the rest take it's time.

No need for all those supplements. At least not now.

Interested in who you decide on and why/how you came to that pick. Be them from this board or not.

I'm in for the journey, too. I think I'll ask them some questions, enough to where I don't step on their toes or their client's toes, but perfect amount to see what I'm committing myself to. There's absolutely no questions on my part. I do the best I can and am very disciplined, report fitday everyday, know just about every macro of every piece of food, and I do the work. No cutting around corners, cause then I end out losing.

I'm looking to take on someone that thinks the complete opposite on what I've tried. Since I've obviously failed.

SL1CED - It looks like the terms "bulking" or "cutting" may not entirely describe what you're trying to do, but I suppose you could still do either - in a way.
"Recomposition" is a good way to describe your endeavor. It involves putting on some muscle while burning off fat. You will notice a difference in the mirror, but your weight may stay about the same.

As to how you'd go about this....get with a trainer. More than likely they will have you consulting a "caloric weight maintenance chart" or some shit, and adding some cardio to your weight routine. Maybe some dietary changes too.

Hell, I'm no expert at this - so I'll let the pros do the talking!

SL1CED - It looks like the terms "bulking" or "cutting" may not entirely describe what you're trying to do, but I suppose you could still do either - in a way.
"Recomposition" is a good way to describe your endeavor. It involves putting on some muscle while burning off fat. You will notice a difference in the mirror, but your weight may stay about the same.

As to how you'd go about this....get with a trainer. More than likely they will have you consulting a "caloric weight maintenance chart" or some shit, and adding some cardio to your weight routine. Maybe some dietary changes too.

Hell, I'm no expert at this - so I'll let the pros do the talking!

It is what I need, but even then, I'll still be floating around 150lbs. I intend to do this for at least 9 months, so perhaps we break it down. I do not want to sit around 150lbs when it's all said and done. I want to get bigger.

My priorities with my body are:

1) Get & Stay Lean
2) Get Bigger

Realistically, where do you think a guy starting at 150lbs @ 12% body fat can end up in 9 months? 12 months? Provided he does the diet, training, cardio as prescribed, but supplements are just very basic. No gear, no hormones, nothing of that sort.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear