over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

PM question I got about diet

Did you carb up for 2 days or just one?

This diet makes sense to me except for the no post workout carbs. I don't understand how protein can be optimally shuttled into broken down muscles without carbs? :confused:

i would think that including some post workout carbs during the week and then having a more "conservative" carb up on the weekend would be better?

Because protein doesn't get "shuttled" by carbs. That's a total myth.

The way I made my gains was to hone in my weekend carb-ups. I let myself gain a little fat and then cut back until I was lean but bigger. I just kept doing this. And it worked just fine until I got over 230 lean. Then it just started getting tricky. So I changed over from a CKD to a TKD and kept making gains.

Sounds simple, meaning it's too complicated for me. I'm prone and known to stress over little details.

Use BCAA's post workout. It works just fine. It spikes the insulin just enough. And shuttles the goods right where they need to go.

...but be warned. Once you get lean and huge, all this goes out the window.

Where are the studies on this?

Where are the studies on this?
I must have read that study 15 years ago. But if it gets me an apology I'll find it. I don't post crap!!

I'm talking about in a calorie deficit diet! You were saying you broke a plateu adding in carbs, bro.

No! Now I even need carbs cutting. Didn't need them at all when I was smaller.

I followed Mauro's Anabolic diet through most of my first 60lbs of LBM gains. In fact, I didn't start using post workout carbs until November of last year I think. As I went over 235lbs with a 6-Pack showing the carbs started to become necessary. At some point, you need the carbs to keep from going flat. But that point is up there pretty good.

So big guys will always look better with carbs in their diet. Everyone else, post workout carbs are really really over rated in my opinion.

Hey bro, did you have a journal where you give more detail on the diet you used? I think i recall reading a post on the board where you posted up your diet, but not sure which thread it was. You have a very impressive physique and i would be interested in reading that information if I could find the thread again.

No! Now I even need carbs cutting. Didn't need them at all when I was smaller.

Didn't you say that if carbs are introduced in a calorie deficient diet, the insulin spike from the carbs won't allow fat to liberate as freely as opposed to a ketogenic diet, therefore the body will tend to give up muscle tissue for energy? Why would size matter if it's a hormonal issue?

Hey bro, did you have a journal where you give more detail on the diet you used? I think i recall reading a post on the board where you posted up your diet, but not sure which thread it was. You have a very impressive physique and i would be interested in reading that information if I could find the thread again.

OJS - yeah I would love to see the diet to ...thank you :D

Didn't you say that if carbs are introduced in a calorie deficient diet, the insulin spike from the carbs won't allow fat to liberate as freely as opposed to a ketogenic diet, therefore the body will tend to give up muscle tissue for energy? Why would size matter if it's a hormonal issue?
My understanding of this is the larger the muscle mass the larger the internal glycogen stores. This "needing carbs for bigger muscles" part is relatively new to me. So I'm learning as I go. But I guarantee you there is a difference once you reach a certain muscle mass. Adding carbs if you have enough muscle mass actually make you leaner. It can be reproduced and measured. Though I don't know why. So there are too many good members on this board that know more than I do about AAS and carbs. I'm probably the wrong person to drill.

If you've read many of my posts you know most of my prep experience has been with Natural BB'ing over about 10-12 years. And my experience is that a CKD works like charm 8 out of 10 times. And I have a good number of 1st place trophies in my 8' x 8' trophy case that were given to me by my clients over the years. So most of my experience is outside the realm of this board's basic subject matter.

Last edited:
My understanding of this is the larger the muscle mass the larger the internal glycogen stores. This "needing carbs for bigger muscles" part is relatively new to me. So I'm learning as I go. But I guarantee you there is a difference once you reach a certain muscle mass. Adding carbs if you have enough muscle mass actually make you leaner. It can be reproduced and measured. Though I don't know why. So there are too many good members on this board that know more than I do about AAS and carbs. I'm probably the wrong person to drill.

If you've read many of my posts you know most of my prep experience has been with Natural BB'ing over about 10-12 years. And my experience is that a CKD works like charm 8 out of 10 times. And I have a good number of 1st place trophies in my 8' x 8' trophy case that were given to me by my clients over the years. So most of my experience is outside the realm of this board's basic subject matter.

hahah, no bro I wasn't drilling you man! I hope you didn't take it that way. We are all here to learn, I think you are in the same boat as me, no matter how much experience you have you look at new things like a beginner and try to think outside of the box. My asking you was more like how a kid wants to absorb more information from a different view, that's all, I apologize if I came across in any other way.

Jim when dieting a client are you against the use of any specific types of fat burners (except of course shit like DNP)? T-3, clen, ECA, etc?? Do you allow clients to freely drink caffein while doing your keto diet?

Jim when dieting a client are you against the use of any specific types of fat burners (except of course shit like DNP)? T-3, clen, ECA, etc?? Do you allow clients to freely drink caffein while doing your keto diet?

I don't usually recommend any type of fat burner until about 6 weeks out. A person should have no problem getting down to a very low level of BF using diet alone. I have no problem with someone consuming caffeine.

Clear your PMs, Magnum !

Ok, that totally makes sense! Thanks for the thread Jim!

One last question as I like picking your brain.

If you had a client that had a bit of a hectic schedule, and he woke up at 7am went to work and didn't get hom till 9pm, then hit the iron and didn't come back home until 12am. And hypothetically you decided to take this person as a contest prep client. Would you space his meals out longer, or would you increase his/her meal by one portion because of the longer hours?

Ok, that totally makes sense! Thanks for the thread Jim!

One last question as I like picking your brain.

If you had a client that had a bit of a hectic schedule, and he woke up at 7am went to work and didn't get hom till 9pm, then hit the iron and didn't come back home until 12am. And hypothetically you decided to take this person as a contest prep client. Would you space his meals out longer, or would you increase his/her meal by one portion because of the longer hours?

I would most likely add a meal since you are up so long.

OJS

The BCAA is a good idea. I've read that many use this approach to raise Insulin for post-workout on Keto-Diets.

I'm just wondering 'WHY NOT' use carbs. Even If Insulin can be raised with BCAA, Wouldn't carbs do a better job at this?

What is the benefit of not using carbs/BCAA vs. using Carbs post workout.

Thanks for info OJS & Magnum

-very interesting

That's a wussy schedule...Go hard! Rest is for the weak!!! Wuss!

The BCAA is a good idea. I've read that many use this approach to raise Insulin for post-workout on Keto-Diets.

I'm just wondering 'WHY NOT' use carbs. Even If Insulin can be raised with BCAA, Wouldn't carbs do a better job at this?

What is the benefit of not using carbs/BCAA vs. using Carbs post workout.

Thanks for info OJS & Magnum

-very interesting
Well Conan21, here's my answer...

Based only on my experiences with both myself and clients, keeping carb related insulin spikes completely flat for 4 to 6 days straight (varies from person to person) is what make the heavy carb refeed not back fire on you. Again, based on my experience, 5-7g BCAAs post workout gives just enough spike to draw nutrients in without messing up the flat insulin state I'd be looking to achieve on a natural athlete.

If I can keep a person's insulin flat on minimal calories (60%fat 30%pro/10%carbs) for 6 days, for example, I can have him eat a shitload combination of fast and slow digesting carbs on day 7 and within two days there's no bloat and he might even be a bit leaner and bigger.

Well Conan21, here's my answer...

Based only on my experiences with both myself and clients, keeping carb related insulin spikes completely flat for 4 to 6 days straight (varies from person to person) is what make the heavy carb refeed not back fire on you. Again, based on my experience, 5-7g BCAAs post workout gives just enough spike to draw nutrients in without messing up the flat insulin state I'd be looking to achieve on a natural athlete.

If I can keep a person's insulin flat on minimal calories (60%fat 30%pro/10%carbs) for 6 days, for example, I can have him eat a shitload combination of fast and slow digesting carbs on day 7 and within two days there's no bloat and he might even be a bit leaner and bigger.

I agree and I love that about very low carb diets, every six or 7 days, I can have a huge fat meal of whatever the fuck I want! And it seems the dirtier I pig out the better I look the next day and the more fat I lose. Hardly ever needing a drop in calories through my diet.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131