over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Can one with bad hormones progress?

SL1CED

Kilo Klub Member / Board Supporter
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Board Supporter
Can they develop into a lean, muscular body, or is there only solution some hormonal help?

Testosterone: Very Low- Low-Average-Above Average-High- Very High
Estrogen:Very Low- Low-Average-Above Average-High- Very High
Cortisol: Very Low- Low-Average-Above Average-High- Very High

^ With that set of hormones. I can progress via diet/training right? TRT isn't something I NEED to do, I can invest in it later. I'm 19, btw.

Have you tried any natural test boosters (apart from ZMA) and/or cortisol control (i.e. 11-oxo)?

Have you tried any natural test boosters (apart from ZMA) and/or cortisol control (i.e. 11-oxo)?

ActivaTe Xtreme and Lean Xtreme. I feel great on ActivaTe and I feel zilch on Lean Xtreme. Though, I've heard tremendous results from both.

tap your natural insulin supply. try nettle root (not leaf). try long jack. When dosing the root and lj, you will need to experiment. You will always need more than recommended dosage.

PO

Can they develop into a lean, muscular body, or is there only solution some hormonal help?

Testosterone: Very Low- Low-Average-Above Average-High- Very High
Estrogen:Very Low- Low-Average-Above Average-High- Very High
Cortisol: Very Low- Low-Average-Above Average-High- Very High

^ With that set of hormones. I can progress via diet/training right? TRT isn't something I NEED to do, I can invest in it later. I'm 19, btw.

I think you want to find out why your levels read like this. Did you recently have a blood test and get these results?

The actual numbers are most helpful since the reference ranges tend to be fairly wide. Most concerning is the cortisol level. Cortisol is elevated temporarily at certain times of he day, and under stress. Continual elevation suggests the possiblity of an adrenal problems (there are a number of possibilities).

Get further testing.

I think you want to find out why your levels read like this. Did you recently have a blood test and get these results?

The actual numbers are most helpful since the reference ranges tend to be fairly wide. Most concerning is the cortisol level. Cortisol is elevated temporarily at certain times of he day, and under stress. Continual elevation suggests the possiblity of an adrenal problems (there are a number of possibilities).

Get further testing.

Here are the in-depth results

Testosterone: 425 on a 281-840 scale
Estrogen; 63 on a <130 scale
Cortisol: 16 on a 1-17 scale

What more would further testing do? Doctor says I'm "within range", but that doesn't matter. Nobody seems to care, so I just have to fix these on my own. This was done recently at the BEST shape I've been in since elementary school.

What more would further testing do? Doctor says I'm "within range", but that doesn't matter. Nobody seems to care, so I just have to fix these on my own. This was done recently at the BEST shape I've been in since elementary school.

i dont believe i had my cortisol tested but your test is higher than mine and im making good results :cool:

i dont believe i had my cortisol tested but your test is higher than mine and im making good results :cool:

That's good to hear. I believe I can make progress. But a dude at my gym said there's no way I can make progress with my body structure and hormones.

We'll see what he says after I spend a year with one of these trainers.

I read at a 300 when I got my test levels checked and I've went from a very fat 195 to a lean 220 in four years. Nothing earth shattering, but 100% natural the whole way. It just takes consistency in the gym and in the kitchen. No one said it's an easy endeavour, and it's not going to happen overnight, but I think being consistent with all things (training, diet, sleep) will eventually get you to where you want to go.

Sure, Anabolics will make that process go faster (something I am strongly considering but have yet to embark on) but I'd try to do as much as possible naturally first.

A solid diet program that you can stick to religiously (good for you on hiring a trainer) and a weight lifting program where you can continually make progress (DC for me) should start you on the right path.

I read at a 300 when I got my test levels checked and I've went from a very fat 195 to a lean 220 in four years. Nothing earth shattering, but 100% natural the whole way. It just takes consistency in the gym and in the kitchen. No one said it's an easy endeavour, and it's not going to happen overnight, but I think being consistent with all things (training, diet, sleep) will eventually get you to where you want to go.

Sure, Anabolics will make that process go faster (something I am strongly considering but have yet to embark on) but I'd try to do as much as possible naturally first.

A solid diet program that you can stick to religiously (good for you on hiring a trainer) and a weight lifting program where you can continually make progress (DC for me) should start you on the right path.

Exactly!

You still are getting protein synthesis, nitrogen retention, etc, etc. with low test levels. the body is still engaged with its natural processes. hormones are just one of the "keys" involved in unlocking muscle growth. Peace!

PO

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies.

I have no intent to use anabolics for quite a bit of time, at least. I'm still going to try to figure out the ideal training and dieting regime for myself. And really learn how to manipulate them with my god given hormones.

I've got my trainer booked, and I intend to hire Alex A. as my nutrition/diet/cardio consultant. I'm working from a tough base, but I'm confident as a team we can pull through. My discipline and dedication is there, as honestly, my diet is the easiest part to me. I've tried doing my own thing for the past 15 weeks; carb placement, cycling, now keto. I've made some progress. Dropped about 16 lbs and lost about 10% body fat.

This is why the actual numbers are so helpful.

Yes, you're on the high end of the normal range for cortisol, could be for any of several reasons. More tesing will tell you if this was a value particular to that test and time, or if this is perhaps what is normal for you - which it may be. Also, if te best shape you've been in followed an extnded period of training, it's possible that you're a bit ovetrained which might help explain the cortisol value. Not knowing your entire medical and lifestlye history, it's impossible to say, and even that might not give a clear reason.

Your approach in hiring Alex and focusing on training/diet is excellent - wish more guys went that route first instead of looking for answers in drugs - well done!

Last edited:
This is why the actual numbers are so helpful.

Yes, you're on the high end of the normal range for cortisol, could be for any of several reasons. More tesing will tell you if this was a value particular to that test and time, or if this is perhaps what is normal for you - which it may be.

Your approach in hiring Alex and focusing on training/diet is excellent - wish more guys went that route first instead of looking for answers in drugs - well done!

Thanks.It starts August 30th. I'm going on vacation in 10 days, so I'm wrapping up my own cut.

Am I allowed to log it here if I don't take any steroids? Just ZMA, Vitamin D, and on/off I'll try out Creatine.

Yes, you're on the high end of the normal range for cortisol, could be for any of several reasons. More tesing will tell you if this was a value particular to that test and time, or if this is perhaps what is normal for you - which it may be. Also, if te best shape you've been in followed an extnded period of training, it's possible that you're a bit ovetrained which might help explain the cortisol value. Not knowing your entire medical and lifestlye history, it's impossible to say, and even that might not give a clear reason.

I would almost guarantee it's because of training. Unless he doesn't train. Even if you are not over training, the body releases boat loads of cortisol in response to training. Good post, DAD!

PO

I would almost guarantee it's because of training. Unless he doesn't train. Even if you are not over training, the body releases boat loads of cortisol in response to training. Good post, DAD!

PO

Training or not training, heck even overtraining, I know mine are elevated.I've had some gray hair since I was 15.When I get fatter, I store it primarily on my abs, secondary on my face in that "under the chin" and "cheek" area. Fat gain isn't proportional with me at all.

Anyways, I'll ride these next 10 days out. Then, I'm taking a week off for vacation, and I get to work with Alex the day after I come back.

Training or not training, heck even overtraining, I know mine are elevated.I've had some gray hair since I was 15.When I get fatter, I store it primarily on my abs, secondary on my face in that "under the chin" and "cheek" area. Fat gain isn't proportional with me at all.

Anyways, I'll ride these next 10 days out. Then, I'm taking a week off for vacation, and I get to work with Alex the day after I come back.

Hey bro, are you going to do a journal on here? It would be great to see before and afters, especially being under Alex. Do you think you will have the time to mess with this aspect of it?

PO

Hey bro, are you going to do a journal on here? It would be great to see before and afters, especially being under Alex. Do you think you will have the time to mess with this aspect of it?

PO

Look a few posts above, I asked Dad if I could. We'll see what he says.

Thanks.It starts August 30th. I'm going on vacation in 10 days, so I'm wrapping up my own cut.

Am I allowed to log it here if I don't take any steroids? Just ZMA, Vitamin D, and on/off I'll try out Creatine.

Of course you can post here!

Ok, cool.

I got my true protein in; 2lbs of Miscellar with Banana N Cream & choco banana flavored, 2lbs of Egg White with Banana N Cream & choco banana. I'm going to add 1 scoop of each, or half of each, whichever meets recommend protein requirements per Alex's diet.

I'm going to order my whey soon, will have ZMA and Vitamin D in. Then I just need to get to work.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws