over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Federal Court Links Shane Carwin to Steroids Conspiracy Case

Bio

Staff member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Federal Court Links Shane Carwin to Steroids Conspiracy Case

8/14/2010 1:25 PM ET By Mike Chiappetta

Top-five ranked UFC heavyweight Shane Carwin has been named as one of 22 professional athletes who obtained steroids from an online pharmacy based in Mobile, Alabama, according to the Alabama news site, Al.com

Carwin was named as a past customer of Applied Pharmacy Services (APS) after a federal judge handed one of its pharmacists, J. Michael Bennett, a four-year prison term for selling anabolic steroids produced in Mobile.

Carwin had no comment, but plans to make a statement at a later date, his manager Jason Genet said when reached by MMA Fighting.

The government's case against the pharmacy, which earned convictions against five men, charged that APS shipped over 750,000 dosages of steroids to 17 different "rogue" doctors and clinics over a two-year span from Aug. 2004 to Aug. 2006. Prosecutors reportedly referred to the defendants as "drug dealers in lab coats."

Carwin was named as one of the recipients by Assistant U.S. Attorney Donna Dobbins. The 35-year-old Carwin made his mixed martial arts debut in Oct. 2005 but did not join the UFC until May 2008.

After starting his pro career with 12 straight wins, Carwin rapidly ascended the ranks of the UFC's heavyweight division, capturing the interim title in March 2010 and earning a championship match against Brock Lesnar.

Just last month, Carwin nearly won the belt, overwhelming Lesnar in the first round before falling to a second-round arm triangle submission.

Carwin has never failed a drug test in his professional fighting career.

According to AL.com, the other pro athletes referenced in court documents include baseball players, bodybuilders and pro wrestlers, most notably former WWE champion Kurt Angle. The report does not detail whether prosecutors plan to pursue legal action against any of them.

According to previous reports, a key witness in the case was a Greeley, Colorado doctor named Kenneth Olds, who admitted writing fraudulent prescriptions as part of the APS conspiracy. He eventually became a prosecution witness and received a sentence of probation. Carwin is a resident of Greeley, though no reporting or evidence mentioned in news accounts connects the two.

APS was also one of the pharmacies named in baseball's Mitchell Report, an investigation of rampant steroid use in Major League Baseball.

Here is a link to the story:

Federal Court Links Shane Carwin to Steroids Conspiracy Case -- MMA Fighting

LOL

I'm shocked...:eek:

Didn't Angle's crazy girlfriend get him popped for GH? This guy has some bad luck!

No wonder why he's one of the best! If it wasn't for the Steroids, he wouldn't even been able to win a little tough man contest at the local bar!

:rolleyes:

Soooo glad I'm friends with a chemist.

I'm still glad "big bro" is trying to clean up society! Hopefully, once they get this mess cleaned up, they can work on the other issues that plague mankind. Got's so many to deal with. I hope before they (big bro) die, they can at least help half of us.

PO

No wonder why he's one of the best! If it wasn't for the Steroids, he wouldn't even been able to win a little tough man contest at the local bar!

:rolleyes:

Ah, come on brah, you know hormones don't make people better. They're worse than anything known to mankind. :eek:

PO

Seems like they are wasting a hell of a lot of resources chasing AAS related 'crime' up there in the US.

Ah, come on brah, you know hormones don't make people better. They're worse than anything known to mankind. :eek:

PO

I disagree , I feel many of the top guys 260 + use something for strength and aggression in a sport like MMA .

Not suprising, the government waisting more tax dollars on hunting down all the murdering, rapist, dope dealing steroid users. :banghead:

anything to grab headlines and turn attention away from other important issues here and abroad...a dr here in FL just got popped, i know his lawyer and him and he's looking at 7 yrs. You know hes not gonna do it, and there will be more to this case...and the USADA here is painting the same picture....legal dope dealer

anything to grab headlines and turn attention away from other important issues here and abroad...a dr here in FL just got popped, i know his lawyer and him and he's looking at 7 yrs. You know hes not gonna do it, and there will be more to this case...and the USADA here is painting the same picture....legal dope dealer

It seems like they could find other sources that would "grab headlines" in this ole world. I mean, isn't there anything BESIDES hormone users that could "GRAB" the headlines?

PO

Last edited:
I disagree , I feel many of the top guys 260 + use something for strength and aggression in a sport like MMA .

Heck! just about the world population needs to be taking hormonal supplementation! It might make alott of the old fogie stogies, re-think their outlook in life! I can't imagine, anyone NOT wanting to feel better and to be able to function better!

Hormones can do that, ya know?

PO

Last edited:
Heck! just about the world population needs to be taking hormonal supplementation! It might make alott of the old fogie stogies, re-think their outlook in life! I can't imagine, anyone NOT wanting to feel better and to be able to function better!

Hormones can do that, ya know?

PO

it's too bad that people are so set against it that they refuse to even acknowledge it as something useful when it could make their quality of life better

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws