over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Best Hammer Strength Machines for Each Muscle Group

Cosmicdrifter

Registered
I've been reading about Titan Training, and I like the idea of Base, Volume, and Rounds used reciprocally to enable growth. Since I'm over 60 and I've read a lot of stuff and tried everything, I think that everything works at some time, at different levels, for different people.

But, since I am over 60 I need to be careful about going to heavy, not getting enough rest, and diet. At the moment, I am doing upper-body one day - resting two days and then doing upper body again. I go heavy (8-10 reps) on one or two workouts, then do the same exercises using lighter weights (15 rep target) and rest no more than 15 seconds in between sets.

I use only Hammer Strength machines and only do compound exercises. When I go heavy (for me) I use about 330 lbs. on the Hammer Strength bench press. I do seated barbell curls and concentration curls but no tricep exercises - they get worked on chest, back, and shoulder machines.

I want to start using the routines in the Titan Training literature, but I wanted to ask the advice of some of you who have probably made a decision I have to make. Since the Volume, Base, and Rounds methods do not advocate multiple compound exercises for any body part (bench press for chest, or inclined BP - one or the other) which Hammer Strength Machines do you think provide the most benefit for each body part.

Chest, Back, Shoulders - Biceps and Triceps are less of a problem. This place has at least 3 machines for back and two for chest (wide and closer-grip).

Which machines do you recommend if you only choose one to do your compound movement?

their decline press is the best for chest imo

the iso row for back is tits

:)

We have a hammer wide grip press at my gym which is pretty solid. It really allows you to open up and get a good deep stretch and then contract really hard at the top. I used it for my widow makers a lot doing DC training and it burned like hell.

We have a hammer wide grip press at my gym which is pretty solid. It really allows you to open up and get a good deep stretch and then contract really hard at the top. I used it for my widow makers a lot doing DC training and it burned like hell.

They have one at my gym as well.

yes for chest the decline is best.. i have one in my home gym.. no shoulder issues with it.. back- high row.. shoulders - ill pass on the hammer equipment for them..

yes for chest the decline is best.. i have one in my home gym.. no shoulder issues with it.. back- high row.. shoulders - ill pass on the hammer equipment for them..

I REALLLLLLLLY like the reverse grip pulldowns for lats....those things leave me disabled for days.

No question iso row is bestest. If you can only use one machine for chest, I would prefer the flat seated bench. You can arch your back or put a pad behind your upper back to give additional angle changes (incline/decline).

No question iso row is bestest. If you can only use one machine for chest, I would prefer the flat seated bench. You can arch your back or put a pad behind your upper back to give additional angle changes (incline/decline).

Im with you guys on the Iso Row. I love it. Also, after having shoulder surgery in 2007 for a bone spur, I did my chest routines on Hammer Strength Machines for the first month to get the feeling back. Really helped me get back into the swing of things. I mean the incline, decline, and flat press. The shoulder wasn't ready for freeweights just yet, so the HS machines really helped.

yup i agree for the decline for chest. Its my new favorite movement i use it as my main press cuase my tries and shoulders dont over power my chest. best progress i have had is using the decline hammer cuase i have a lagging chest compared to my tries and delts.

SB

will try...

Really? I have to admit, this is a poor attitude on my part, I like most of Hammer stuff, but whenever I saw that machine, I just couldn't believe it really worked like a decline and never tried it though... I'm quite happy with my DB declines, but may give this a go for fun sometime.

Decline HS to DB decline

Those who tried the HS decline, how does it compare to you with DB declines?

Tried HS Decline...

At the end of my normal workout I just threw a 45 on each side simply to get a "feel"... I like it, thanks for the suggestion guys. It does push me "up" a little b/c you can't really "grip" your legs/knee's like when they're bent/hooked on the decline, but I may give it a go soon... as I move up on weight on the dumbells it's getting harder to get the weights into the starting position w/out spending half my energy on that part alone.

At the end of my normal workout I just threw a 45 on each side simply to get a "feel"... I like it, thanks for the suggestion guys. It does push me "up" a little b/c you can't really "grip" your legs/knee's like when they're bent/hooked on the decline, but I may give it a go soon... as I move up on weight on the dumbells it's getting harder to get the weights into the starting position w/out spending half my energy on that part alone.

The one I use has a seat belt....strap in and have fun :D

myosin.. make sure you are in the seat (adjustment) for your height.. if you put a imaginary bar between the two handles the "bar" should hit you just at nipple level or a tad below.. i see this happen (pushing guys up in the seats) when the seat is adjusted too high..

Good tips

The one I use has a seat belt....strap in and have fun :D

You know, I didn't even look :eek:

myosin.. make sure you are in the seat (adjustment) for your height.. if you put a imaginary bar between the two handles the "bar" should hit you just at nipple level or a tad below.. i see this happen (pushing guys up in the seats) when the seat is adjusted too high..

Good deal, I'll play with the seat height... and the seatbelt :D

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner