YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Whats a decent off season weight for a heavyweight?

bigdog123

Banned
I am currently 238 in the morning at 10.6% body fat and think realistically i`d need to drop 15lb of fat and 10-15lb of water to be close to stage ready - that puts me about 210. Is it common for most heavyweights to be around 250 off season and in good condition or would they get even heavier and lose condition?

A friend of mine virtually is off all gear and holds 230 or so and then grows into a show and is still 230 about 6 weeks out. He stepped on stage at 218 last year so I guess there are more than one way of doing things. I do see guys though at 255-260 and then shrink down to 220 thinking how the hell did they lose 35-40lb

I am currently 238 in the morning at 10.6% body fat and think realistically i`d need to drop 15lb of fat and 10-15lb of water to be close to stage ready - that puts me about 210. Is it common for most heavyweights to be around 250 off season and in good condition or would they get even heavier and lose condition?

A friend of mine virtually is off all gear and holds 230 or so and then grows into a show and is still 230 about 6 weeks out. He stepped on stage at 218 last year so I guess there are more than one way of doing things. I do see guys though at 255-260 and then shrink down to 220 thinking how the hell did they lose 35-40lb

1. Are you asking what guys who compete as heavyweights walk around at or what we think you would walk around at?

If the former then I would suggest you pose the question......Question for all competitive Heavyweights what weight do you compete at and what is the heaviest you get in the offseason and what is the most common weight range to you walk around at.

if the latter then

2. How tall are you?
3. Any pics of relaxed poses with all 4 quarter turns so we can assess your 238LBS
4. Have you ever competed before or dieted down to competition like condition?

My heaviest weight was 242 earlier this year. Weighed in at 212 and won an overall state title. I am 5-10. What I need to do is follow a more regimented diet in the off-season to gain more muscle, make sure I get in my 1.5 grams of protein like I do when i'm in contest prep.We'll see what I weigh next year, right now 240 about a month after show.

1. Are you asking what guys who compete as heavyweights walk around at or what we think you would walk around at?

If the former then I would suggest you pose the question......Question for all competitive Heavyweights what weight do you compete at and what is the heaviest you get in the offseason and what is the most common weight range to you walk around at.

if the latter then

2. How tall are you?
3. Any pics of relaxed poses with all 4 quarter turns so we can assess your 238LBS
4. Have you ever competed before or dieted down to competition like condition?

I`m just under 5`9. No pics. Yes, 2 years ago and weighed 204 - too small. sitting 10lb heavier now than then but hard to tell if a lot of muscle or some water. as i said i would think 210 now. i was asking to see what most heavys walk about at.

You must have been a lean 238 phil to be 208 on stage?
GT.. what was your 242 looking like?

Agree with Aeilop. Your question is too broad. some guys get really fat. Some guys stay really lean. It all depends on metabolism, bodyfat levels, etc.

I`m just under 5`9. No pics. Yes, 2 years ago and weighed 204 - too small. sitting 10lb heavier now than then but hard to tell if a lot of muscle or some water. as i said i would think 210 now. i was asking to see what most heavys walk about at.

You must have been a lean 238 phil to be 208 on stage?
GT.. what was your 242 looking like?

You misunderstood Phil - he was 218 in the offseason and 238 onstage.

I know Dante likes to go by a 40lb rule. So 265. I think that's a pretty safe number to go by to be as big of a 225lb'er as possible. The hardest part is getting rid of all the fat

Its just that easy........now go do it

Obviously not but thats what happened. 238 at 5`7 is a huge man.. and the work had been done previously.

bit like big Jay sitting at 280 then 10 weeks later being 285 and miles leaner- he just smashed the dose up but already the work was done.

for me i need to do the work now before i can play that game.

It depends....

are you a true heavyweight...a guy who has to squeeze down to 225

if so you can grow into a show

if you are a guy who doesnt have enough size to show up at as a true heavyweight....thats when i recommend 265 and be there for at least 4 months and start dieting slowly 22-25 weeks out just to make sure everything is going to plan....most likely youll be dieting just like everyone else 16-20 weeks out (but start cleaning things up a little early just to be meticulous)

Last edited:
20 weeks out from the USA where I weighed 238, I was 218.........

I don't think you guys understand the AWESOMENESS of this feat. He was 20 pounds HEAVIER and what, Phil, 5-8% leaner?

That is insanity folks!!

I don't think you guys understand the AWESOMENESS of this feat. He was 20 pounds HEAVIER and what, Phil, 5-8% leaner?

That is insanity folks!!

It isnt that clear cut though. I could not train for 3 months and come off everything and drop down to 180 and eat like a little bird, then bang in 2g a week, eat 400g protein a day and launch some GH in and then 20 weeks later be 210 peeled. Thats 30lb and a whole lot leaner.

But

It isnt that clear cut though. I could not train for 3 months and come off everything and drop down to 180 and eat like a little bird, then bang in 2g a week, eat 400g protein a day and launch some GH in and then 20 weeks later be 210 peeled. Thats 30lb and a whole lot leaner.

Thats what you said I did..........right?

Thats what you said I did..........right?

Never said thats what you did but there can be many reasons for the difference in weight and condition. Look at Levrone.. 200lb chilling in his band and 16 weeks later 240 on stage. 40lb right there.

What did u do Phil?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity