over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

my post-workout shake..thoughts?

Creation

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
1/2 serving of MRP (15g carbs + 22g protein)
1.5 scoops whey isolate (30g)
60% cocoa 1-2 tbsp
1-2 tbsp cinnamon
1g Vitamin C

soon to add 900mg ALA +rhodiola

what you guys think?

not bad i would add some leucine and glutamine at least 5 g each

Two scoops of ice cream, a big dollop of peanut butter, and two teaspoons of canola oil would add about 900 calories...if you want to gain weight that is.

Nice, couple thoughts...

1/2 serving of MRP (15g carbs + 22g protein)
1.5 scoops whey isolate (30g)
60% cocoa 1-2 tbsp
1-2 tbsp cinnamon
1g Vitamin C

soon to add 900mg ALA +rhodiola

what you guys think?

- 1 tbsp cinnamon should suffice (even a tsp is fine)
- Rhodiola: use pre-workout instead
- ALA: split up the dose through out the day (300mg/3 times before meals)

Post-workout your glut-4 transporters are at the cell wall so you don't need as much "glucose dispersal agents" (use them, yes, you just don't need as much).

Why not more carbs post-workout when that's one of the "best" times to replenish muscle stores?

I believe carbs post workout are what made my body fat increase on my bulk 100-150g postworkout..stopped doing that and im alot leaner and still getting stronger

I believe carbs post workout are what made my body fat increase on my bulk 100-150g postworkout..stopped doing that and im alot leaner and still getting stronger

My first thought on the original post, was hmm maybe too many carbs. With this post, I am sure of that. If you have time, do some reading on carbless post workout. The idea of replenishing glycogen stores makes sense if you need to compete in some event immediately. If not, take advantage of the fat burning window pwo and get rid of the carbs from the drink. Just my thoughts.

- 1 tbsp cinnamon should suffice (even a tsp is fine)
- Rhodiola: use pre-workout instead
- ALA: split up the dose through out the day (300mg/3 times before meals)

Post-workout your glut-4 transporters are at the cell wall so you don't need as much "glucose dispersal agents" (use them, yes, you just don't need as much).

Why not more carbs post-workout when that's one of the "best" times to replenish muscle stores?

i use dextrose in my pwo, are you saying pwo is a bad time to take r-ala?

Last edited:
My first thought on the original post, was hmm maybe too many carbs. With this post, I am sure of that. If you have time, do some reading on carbless post workout. The idea of replenishing glycogen stores makes sense if you need to compete in some event immediately. If not, take advantage of the fat burning window pwo and get rid of the carbs from the drink. Just my thoughts.

you would eliminate oats, but what about dextrose?

how about vitargo pwo w protein? anyone try this?

No...

i use dextrose in my pow, are you saying pwo is a badn time to take r-ala?

It would be a great time to take it... but also divide the dose through the day (especially take it at your last meal of the day). So, instead of taking the 900mg all once- 300mg post WO, then 300mg two more times during the day.

Clarity...

Just seeking clarity: you WERE taking 100/150g CHO postworkout and got "fat", but have now gone down to 15g's right? If I have that right, I don't know if you need to drop the carbs that significantly though... maybe try 50grams... of course it depends on how your macro requirements as well.

It would be a great time to take it... but also divide the dose through the day (especially take it at your last meal of the day). So, instead of taking the 900mg all once- 300mg post WO, then 300mg two more times during the day.

wow, they are 100mg caps, and the bottle says take up to 4 a day...............you take 9? is there a place to get this cheaply in bulk i dont know about?

right now im using sans na-r-ala

Laws

wow, they are 100mg caps, and the bottle says take up to 4 a day...............you take 9? is there a place to get this cheaply in bulk i dont know about?

right now im using sans na-r-ala

Many times what is on the label is more for legal reasons.... I would bet most here who take it use 600mg or more/day.... Yes, can be pricey....

1) trueprotein carries a good price
2) I cap my own.... Purebulk.com. A liitle time consuming but saves ALOT of money

Here's the real question/consideration though .... Do u need it? I have POOR insulin sensitivity so thats why I use it and it's also a good liver protectant in case your liver might be exposed to certain substances ;)

well, only on test and gh, ive read its a good antioxidant as wel as other useul reasons, how would you know you have poor insulin sensitivity? from using slin ?

i see the ala at purebulk is just ala, not na nor r ala

ALA is a fatty acid both manufactured by the body and taken from the foods you eat. When it binds to certain proteins, ALA plays an important role in the Krebs cycle, the body's main process for burning carbohydrates into energy. The human body typically produces enough ALA for its role in creating energy. But when there's an excess in your system, ALA does not bind to protein and acts as an antioxidant. When in this free form, ALA neutralizes a wide variety of free radicals circulating through your body. It may also help regenerate or replenish other antioxidants like Vitamin C and Vitamin E to assist in this fight against free radicals.

Many professionals in health practice highly recommend ALA for the treatment and prevention of diseases developed with age, such as heart disease, stroke, and diabetes. ALA may have synergistic effects on some medications so if have diabetes, heart disease, Parkinson's disease, or Alzheimer's disease you should talk to your doctor or health practice professional before taking ALA.

As an antioxidant, ALA helps strengthen the immune system by fighting damaging free radicals. ALA acts to regulate blood sugar and cholesterol levels, which can help lead to improved wellness. ALA works for bodybuilders and other strength athletes because ALA acts as a metabolic antioxidant supplement and helps the body fight free radicals that slow muscle recovery. ALA supplements have also been known to support cell strength after an intense training session. ALA also enhances the delivery of carbohydrates, creatine and other important nutrients, all vital to size, stamina, and strength.

sometimes i try to balance out cost and dosage, i think 300mg would be plenty per day

Last edited:
Actually-

well, only on test and gh, ive read its a good antioxidant as wel as other useul reasons, how would you know you have poor insulin sensitivity? from using slin ?

i see the ala at purebulk is just ala, not na nor r ala

ALA is a fatty acid both manufactured by the body and taken from the foods you eat. When it binds to certain proteins, ALA plays an important role in the Krebs cycle, the body's main process for burning carbohydrates into energy. The human body typically produces enough ALA for its role in creating energy. But when there's an excess in your system, ALA does not bind to protein and acts as an antioxidant. When in this free form, ALA neutralizes a wide variety of free radicals circulating through your body. It may also help regenerate or replenish other antioxidants like Vitamin C and Vitamin E to assist in this fight against free radicals.

Many professionals in health practice highly recommend ALA for the treatment and prevention of diseases developed with age, such as heart disease, stroke, and diabetes. ALA may have synergistic effects on some medications so if have diabetes, heart disease, Parkinson's disease, or Alzheimer's disease you should talk to your doctor or health practice professional before taking ALA.

As an antioxidant, ALA helps strengthen the immune system by fighting damaging free radicals. ALA acts to regulate blood sugar and cholesterol levels, which can help lead to improved wellness. ALA works for bodybuilders and other strength athletes because ALA acts as a metabolic antioxidant supplement and helps the body fight free radicals that slow muscle recovery. ALA supplements have also been known to support cell strength after an intense training session. ALA also enhances the delivery of carbohydrates, creatine and other important nutrients, all vital to size, stamina, and strength.

sometimes i try to balance out cost and dosage, i think 300mg would be plenty per day

Actually, from purebulk- it's "r-ala"... it's on the packaging.

YEARS of very poor diet and no cardio led to pretty poor insulin sensitivity... VERY hard for me to get lean.

Yes, that is why ask "why" you need it... dosage (on anything) will be largely determined by goals/needs.

For your carbs in the shake, what are the sources? If its PWO, even if dieting I would be sticking to WaxyMaize, or MaltoDextrin. If bulking or lean bulking some complex mixed in could also be wise, I like oat flour.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131