over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

No gym progress in 6 months of TRT - tendinosis

viveutvivas

Registered
I have had chronic tendinosis in my rotator cuff for 2 1/2 years. As a result, I am not progressing in the gym, and I am lifting a minuscule fraction of what I was 3 years ago. After a long layoff to rest the shoulder made no difference, I started training again 6 months ago, coincident with starting TRT (at a highish dose currently of 350 mg/week to try to lower SHBG). After the first 2 months of training, I had managed to work up to the following pathetic numbers:`

Bench press - 20 lbs
Incline dumbbell press - 25 lbs
Lat pulldown - 80 lbs
Bent over row - 30 lbs
Pullup/chinup - 0

This has remained unchanged for the past 4 months. Any attempt to increase, and I flare up and have to start over from 0.

I was really hoping TRT would make a difference, but it hasn't. Any advice? Why am I not healing?

(I am also taking 2IU HGH 5 on/2 off, by the way.)

I feel for you bro, although not the same diagnosis as you i suffer terribly in my shoulder.

If you haven't already, it might be worth having a read of **broken link removed** as it mentions tendinosis and growth factors etc...

Look into 2 things.
1. Platelet rich plasma therapy
2. PSGAG drugs like adequan,ichon

very, approved in Europe for human use

Are you sure about that? Can you provide some reference?

Because the last time I checked, Adequan is manufactured from esophygial tissue from beef cattle, and due to the possibility of bovine spongiform encephelopathy (BSE or, "mad cow disease"), the human "version" called Arteparon, was banned worldwide. Which is also why, according to my research, it's very tightly controlled in the vet pharma industry.

Admittedly, I checked exhaustively a couple years ago, but I haven't heard of any changes to this drug's status. I'd be indebted if you can show me otherwise.

well then maybe you have updated info, so im sure you're right, its been 3-4 years since my quarter horse used it. ;)

Are you sure about that? Can you provide some reference?

Because the last time I checked, Adequan is manufactured from esophygial tissue from beef cattle, and due to the possibility of bovine spongiform encephelopathy (BSE or, "mad cow disease"), the human "version" called Arteparon, was banned worldwide. Which is also why, according to my research, it's very tightly controlled in the vet pharma industry.

Eek! Good to know!

well then maybe you have updated info, so im sure you're right, its been 3-4 years since my quarter horse used it. ;)

Well, I was hoping you were right.

My quarter horse would've appreciated the news!

If you have tendinosis, I think you're on the right track with HGH. That's going to help the tendon tissue regenerate more quickly.

As Jarconis mentioned, Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) therapy can work wonders. I had a tear in the supraspinatus tendon, had PRP done, and the shoulder is very solid. While I can't personally speak to other forms of prolotherapy, I would think that's promising as well.

I would push to get high-resolution MRI's and ultrasounds done, along with manual examinations, to determine more precisely where the problem spots are. Having ultrasound guided injections is a good idea, I think. From what I've read, the accuracy of injection is pretty important. I know they did mine only after really pinpointing where the worst area of tearing was, and having 3 separate physicians agree on that.

As an alternative to Adequan, Google around for "Cartrophen" and then "Pentosan OA" . Pentosan (Cartrophen is a brand name of this) is derived from beech tree cellulose, but works in much the same way as Adequan. As always, do a lot of research on it - while overall it is very, very safe, it does carry a risk of pulmonary embolism, because it's a blood thinner as well. But there's some great research coming out of Australia which indicates that it can reverse osteo-arthritis (OA), and it has a host of other benefits in tissue regeneration.

Hypothetically speaking, I'd see about PRP / prolotherapy for a "jump start", then I'd embark on a longer-term (1-2 year) course of HGH (if it was legal, sigh) and pentosan. Since HGH is not legal, I'd consider a course of the appropriate peptides.

What physical therapy are you doing? That's also been key in my recovery. I do high-rep, low weight rotator cuff work 2-4x/wk; on my off days, and then whenever I'm doing any pressing work, it's part of my warmup.

I use The Rotater for stretching the RC complex (especially getting the internal rotators stretched out), and I use the Shoulder Horn (do 40-50 rep sets with 5-10lbs), along with something like side-lying external rotations (again, 40-50 rep sets, light weight). I think the high rep sets have been as important as anything for my recovery and continued health. That really seems to get the blood flowing to those damaged tendons.

Good luck with this. You can overcome it. Stay positive, do your PT, investigate these other options, and stay with it for the long haul. As the saying goes, this is definitely a marathon, not a sprint.

EDIT: oh, I'd also stay on your TRT program. I think that's going to be to your advantage.

Last edited:
As Jarconis mentioned, Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) therapy can work wonders. I had a tear in the supraspinatus tendon, had PRP done, and the shoulder is very solid. While I can't personally speak to other forms of prolotherapy, I would think that's promising as well.

I would push to get high-resolution MRI's and ultrasounds done, along with manual examinations, to determine more precisely where the problem spots are.

I have had MRIs done. They don't show anything abnormal. That complicates any decision to do something invasive.

Thank you for all the information.

i see my orthopedic tomorrow im going to bring all these up to him since my biceps are still in very bad shape from tendinosis. i will also ask about gtn patches and nitro patches. ill get back with his responce. so far PT, rest, altra sound, and cortosteroid packs, and cortosteroid injections have done zero. he says now its surgery or live with it.:mad:

i see my orthopedic tomorrow im going to bring all these up to him since my biceps are still in very bad shape from tendinosis. i will also ask about gtn patches and nitro patches. ill get back with his responce. so far PT, rest, altra sound, and cortosteroid packs, and cortosteroid injections have done zero. he says now its surgery or live with it.:mad:

I feel our pain. These injuries that refuse to heal are the pits.

With me they always say 6-8 weeks of PT and I'll be good. Well, here I am 2 1/2 years later with my shoulder and 1 1/2 years later with my lower back, and MRIs show nothing operable.

WELL im getting a comparative MRI for the insurance to try and get them to pay for platelet rich plasma therapy. its not got any proven study s he says. but they may pay for it verses surgery. that was the only one he had even heard of. and he doesnt do the injection but he knows a doctor that does. i hope it does work.

Ive tried all three. THe PRP has worked the best. I had a shot 2 months ago and it helped significantly and Im overdue for a second. Ive tried adequan, hgh,PRP and even ART therapy. The PRP works the best from all the other choices. Check with an Orthopedic Doc and see if they do them in your area. They arent covered by insurance and can range from $350-2k depending upon the office you visit.

Did you change the lifts you do!!?

Forget doing flat bench press ever, and dont do any overhead presses. If you never changed the exercises you performed then its probably partly or mostly that. You might also want to change your workout program too. I did not read this entire thread but from what I did see I didnt see you discuss this at all.

Personally, I have trouble with my shoulders too and when I dropped the flat benches and overhead presses my problems got a whole lot better.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131