over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

UFC 118 - EDGAR vs PENN 2

packing_it_on

Registered
Next Saturday, gentleman.

Main Fight Card

• Frankie Edgar vs. B.J. Penn (Lightweight title)
  • Randy Couture vs. James Toney
  • Demian Maia vs. Mario Miranda
  • Kenny Florian vs. Gray Maynard
  • Marcus Davis vs. Nate Diaz

My pics are:

- B.J. Penn, taking the title - Round 3.
- Randy Coture, TKO round 2.
- Demian Maia, Decision. Practically too close to call imo, but if I had to choose.
- Florian, decision.
- Nate Diaz, TKO.

When you say TKO you mean submission , right?

My pics are:

- B.J. Penn, taking the title - Round 3.
- Randy Coture, TKO round 2.
- Demian Maia, Decision. Practically too close to call imo, but if I had to choose.
- Florian, decision.
- Nate Diaz, TKO.

I have all the same, except i am going with Edgar, AGAIN. Hopefully couture will make it last longer then 2 rounds. I want him to beat Toney up for 3 rounds and then make that big mouth tap with seconds left. Couture really needs to beat him up bad, and make this a lop sided fight..as it should be. The guy has no respect for mma and he needs to learn what a real fight is. There is no way his fat ass will be able to go 3 full rounds. This is a totally different kind of conditioning

i believe edgar has penn's number.. edgar was the first in his weight class to take bj down not once but a number of times.. penn is not getting better but edgar is.. i think he will eek out a decision..

I have all the same, except i am going with Edgar, AGAIN. Hopefully couture will make it last longer then 2 rounds. I want him to beat Toney up for 3 rounds and then make that big mouth tap with seconds left. Couture really needs to beat him up bad, and make this a lop sided fight..as it should be. The guy has no respect for mma and he needs to learn what a real fight is. There is no way his fat ass will be able to go 3 full rounds. This is a totally different kind of conditioning

I couldn't agree more bro. :star-:ars

Frankie Edgar vs. B.J. Penn (Lightweight title) PICK: Edgar via Unan Dec. Frankie has a gas tank second to none. When I first seen Edgar fight in the UFC he outpointed Tyson Griffin. Totally unexpected by most fans, and I've watched Edgar get better with every fight. In the first fight, I've read where people say it was controversial, etc. I don't see how. Frankie beat Penn hands down. There was no question as to who won that fight. However, if anyone can beat Edgar, it's BJ. If the same BJ Penn that beat Kenny Florian, Joe Stevenson, and Diego Sanchez shows up, we could have another title change. Im picking Frankie, but wouldn't be a bit surprised if BJ won.

Randy Couture vs. James Toney PICK: Couture via TKO. First and foremost, Randy can be KO'd. If and it's a big IF, Toney can get off the punch before Randy gets to his legs. Now I've read where Toney submitted Mo Lawal in a sparring session, so that tells me he's learning the sport. I don't see Randy taking this fight for granted like a lot fans may be doing. Toney ran his mouth to Dana, now he gets his wish. It will be interesting to see how Toney does with smaller gloves on. But as history has shown, most pure boxers don't alwasy fare too well, no matter the credentials.

Demian Maia vs. Mario Miranda PICK: Maia via Submission. Im still yet to see a lot of Miranda. Im trying to find as many fights of him as possible, but haven't yet. If this gets to the ground, Maia has him. If it stays on the feet, Miranda has a chance.

Kenny Florian vs. Gray Maynard PICK: Florian via Submission. Yep, Im going out on a limb, but if anyone can do it, it's KenFlo. Florian is such a complete fighter and he knows darn well whoever wins this thing gets the winner of Edgar vs. Penn. Florian has had 2 title shots and I think he wants his 3rd more than ever.

Marcus Davis vs. Nate Diaz PICK: Diaz via Unan Dec. Fight of the Night candidate right here. You never know what to expect from Davis. The guy is a legit toughguy in the sport. Diaz is dangerous from his feet or from his back. Should be fun to watch.

I sure hope Edgar wins again. I get so tired of BJ's mouth:banghead:

BJ didn't look that good in the first fight, but that could have been because of Edgar's game plan, and stamina and quickness. In the first fight, i had Edgar hands down as the winner, 4 rounds to 1. I hope he can do it again:cool:

I sure as hell hope Randy beats that loud mouth Toney. Ugh, I don't even want to hear Toney's mouth if he wins, they will not be able to shut him up afterwards. Hope Randy plays it smart and doesn't try to stand with him....this should end up on the ground and then be done with.

I'm really excited about the Maynard/Florian fight. I'll give it to Florian personally, even though he is a dork...lol. A badass dork;)

The rest of the fights I could care less about. I'm not sure if I am going to order this one or not....imo, it should have had at least 1-2 more solid match-ups on it.

BMJ

I sure as hell hope Randy beats that loud mouth Toney. Ugh, I don't even want to hear Toney's mouth if he wins, they will not be able to shut him up afterwards.

BMJ

The only thing that could shut James Toney up is a fist full of cupcakes.

Don't forget too fellas, SPIKE is airing at least 2 prelim fights:

Nik Lentz vs. Andre Winner and Joe Lauzon vs. Gabe Ruediger!!!! Hahaha, Ruediger returns after Dana said he was done on TUF!!!!! Come on Godzilla!!! Make the weight this time!!!!!!!

I just hope BJ lays off of the :spam: for this fight!!!!

i believe edgar has penn's number.. edgar was the first in his weight class to take bj down not once but a number of times.. penn is not getting better but edgar is.. i think he will eek out a decision..

Ditto -

Edgar gonna beat some ass - Nothing I love more is someone that talks trash , Ends up getting trashed.

Man was I dissapointed to look up tix for this as its in my backyard....only to find everything on the floor and the loge (meaning anywhere you actually have a chance of seeing the fighters without help) is $600/seat!! Wtf?!

Next Saturday, gentleman.

Main Fight Card

• Frankie Edgar vs. B.J. Penn (Lightweight title)
  • Randy Couture vs. James Toney
  • Demian Maia vs. Mario Miranda
  • Kenny Florian vs. Gray Maynard
  • Marcus Davis vs. Nate Diaz

PENN via 2rd TKO. Too much is being made of Edgars two takedowns. Watch the fight, they were weak TD at best that BJ got back up from. Also need to note that Edgar attempted 10, got 2... A motivated Penn is scary.

Couture: rd 1, rearnaked.... end of Toneys MMA experiement.

Miranda (UPSET PICK): Maia has "ZERO" standup and will get caught. Miranda is fast and explosive. I think he catches Maia.

Florian UD: going to be a boring fight.

DIAZ: I am Davis fan, but he makes too many mistakes. He will probably be winning the fight, make a stupid take down attempt and get caught in a choke.

PENN via 2rd TKO. Too much is being made of Edgars two takedowns. Watch the fight, they were weak TD at best that BJ got back up from. Also need to note that Edgar attempted 10, got 2... A motivated Penn is scary.

Couture: rd 1, rearnaked.... end of Toneys MMA experiement.

Miranda (UPSET PICK): Maia has "ZERO" standup and will get caught. Miranda is fast and explosive. I think he catches Maia.

Florian UD: going to be a boring fight.

DIAZ: I am Davis fan, but he makes too many mistakes. He will probably be winning the fight, make a stupid take down attempt and get caught in a choke.

I'm really looking forward to see how Penn v Edgar plays out. I know he talks a bunch of shit, but we've all seen him pick guys apart if his game plan is solid.

Should be a great fight regardless of who wins.

Penn...dunno when or how but by complete domination

Couture/Toney...honestly dunno, Randy gets slower & slower...lets not forget that it only takes 1 shot to land for Toney, could happen Ray Mercer got lucky 2 yrs ago on Tim Sylvia

Maia

Florian

Diaz by submission

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
BL
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws