YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Your monthly grocery bill.....hold on to your seats, lol.

2jacked4u

Registered
So I was watching a video of Branch Warren about how much he spends (1400.00 a Mo.) and I thought to myself damn what do I spend??

About ….. 1000.00 :eek:

I guess that’s my down fall

You simply have to learn to go to Costco and buy in bulk when things are on sale. You can get 10 lbs of brown rice in bulk for the price of a 2 lb bag in a supermarket. You can get grass fed beef by the half a cow cheaper than you can get garbage steak at your grocer. Eggs should only be purchased by the 5 dozen. The list goes on, but essentially if you shop around and buy bulk when things are low or at a good price you can probably cut that total in half.

$1000 would buy me a year's supply of grass fed beef.

im interested on how many pounds of beef you can buy witha 1000 dollars becuase if that last you a year must ba a shit load or you dont eat a lot of beef. maybe you dont eat a lot at each meal?

im interested on how many pounds of beef you can buy witha 1000 dollars becuase if that last you a year must ba a shit load or you dont eat a lot of beef. maybe you dont eat a lot at each meal?

I pay a little under $4.00/lb for grass fed beef when I buy half a cow. I can get a little deal but $4.00/lb makes the math easy. So that's 250lbs (~11oz/day for a year) of beef a year for $1000.00 The majority of it's very lean ground beef but there are a few steaks, roasts, ribs, in there.

$1000 a month? What are you buying that is the main expense? I spend about $32 on 15 pounds of chicken a week, and about $25 or so for 8 pounds of ground beef. The oats, rice, potatoes, eggs, etc. are all dirt cheap. With protein powder I might spend $100 per week.

I pay a little under $4.00/lb for grass fed beef when I buy half a cow. I can get a little deal but $4.00/lb makes the math easy. So that's 250lbs (~11oz/day for a year) of beef a year for $1000.00 The majority of it's very lean ground beef but there are a few steaks, roasts, ribs, in there.

ohh ok well thasts good too know bro!! i gotta get a chest freezer so i can buy a half cow. i usaully eat about 2 pounds a day of lean beef not everyday but at leats 4-5 days a week. so i go through the shit fast. im also a little heavy i wiegh 270. if i go to BJ's i can buy 93-7 ground beef for 2.59 a pound i belive. its not gras fed but hey it does the trick.

About 560.00 a Mo. is from bison alone @ 7.99

After you factor in tax and other items we as BB need you can easily see how it can add up. :)

ya me and my girl witch she competes in figure deff spend about 1200 a month in food and that dosent include suplements but thats for 2 peopel

I can get 4.5lbs of chicken breasts for 8.49, and a lb of 93/7 sirloin for 2.78lb. You guys must live in areas where food and cost of living is much higher than lil ol texas.

I average around $600 per month, which doesn't include supplements.

I can get 4.5lbs of chicken breasts for 8.49, and a lb of 93/7 sirloin for 2.78lb. You guys must live in areas where food and cost of living is much higher than lil ol texas.

This is true.... sucks But has its perks too.

About $240 a month. I'm a poor college student:(

I'll spend on average $100/wk on groceries, I frequently stop by the grocer when i'm driving because they put out daily specials, it's all hit or miss. like right now they have top sirloin for $2.90/lb and walmart has boneless skinless chicken for $1.98/lb

I can get a whole grassfed cow butchered and everything for $650 canadian and a whole buffalo butchered for $1000 i believe

I think it really depends on the quality of food you buy...sure you can get by with bargain chicken and cans of tuna (I would eat over 100 cans of tuna a week when I was 20 for 6 months straight) but the quality of the meat at least generally reflects on cost. Meat comprises 70% or more of our bill...rice oatmeal etc are dirt cheap.

seems to me that low fat healthy steaks and food cost less than the fatty stuff cuz no one buys the healthy stuff. if you budget right and eat right i don't think it should be tooo much more expensive than eating like normal people.
i am a very budget concious eater. you can do it on a budget, might not be perfect but you can do it.
-JS

$1000.00 per month seems excessive for one person. :eek:

My food costs me about $160 (Australian) per week, not including supplements.

Some good friends of mine live in Houston, and from what they were telling me, you guys pay A LOT less for food. I seriously need to relocate.

Right now I spend roughly $130/week on food. I never eat out and make everything at home.

I get my chicken UNFROZEN for $1.78/lb. I buy my ground round and round steak for $3.30/lb. Egg whites cost me $6.20 for 5lbs. Other than Whey, that is all the protein variety I get. Whey I get at TP for around $10/lb. I only use that during the night and pre/post workout. I eat chicken 4-5 meals per day for the simple reason that for me it is the cheapest protein I can find around here.

As said earlier, oats/rice/potatoes/etc are CHEAP. Peanut butter and almonds isnt too bad but a little pricey.

Then I figure another $150 atleast for whey/supps for the month. So all in all I spend about $670/mo total on food. If I eat out 2 times thatd be alot...and thats another $120.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear