over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

I will be doing these tonight...

I like these. I also like to do them unilateral with a slightly longer ROM, but you don't need a very long ROM if you get the feel dialed in.

I do them Cutler style and halfway up turn it into a sort of bent over upright row and squeeze the shit out of my rear delts. I love them

Well.. I did heavy Dumbell Presses Prior.. A very heavy set for 6 reps.. Then a comedown set for 11 reps.. Then i did the rear delt swings.. I warmed up with 45's and they felt good for 12 reps.. So i jumped to 60's... Well.. By rep 18 my shoulders were screaming and pumped.. By rep 22 I couldn't move my arms anymore.. These are great finishers.. I will stick with this weight till i get to 35 reps..

be careful

They put to much stress on your elbows for no reason and also limit how hard you hit the actual rear delt head. When you get 48 as I am you'll understand that a slight change in how you perform these can prevent a ton of tendon pain. the guy above who said he does them cutler style, has the right idea. More bend in the elbow, and a higher lift performed by the actual rear delt head will get you bigger faster and with no consequences down the road.

Save your elbow tendons while you can!

Also...........while dumbells work, crossed over cables put more tension on throughout the entire movement and get you there faster as well.

They put to much stress on your elbows for no reason and also limit how hard you hit the actual rear delt head. When you get 48 as I am you'll understand that a slight change in how you perform these can prevent a ton of tendon pain. the guy above who said he does them cutler style, has the right idea. More bend in the elbow, and a higher lift performed by the actual rear delt head will get you bigger faster and with no consequences down the road.

Save your elbow tendons while you can!

Also...........while dumbells work, crossed over cables put more tension on throughout the entire movement and get you there faster as well.

There is absolutely no stress on the elbow.. Because you let your arms hang like dead weight and swing using your rear delt..

I for one am so glad John joined this site when he did. Great exercise.

Keep thinking that 20 years later........WATCH CUTLER!

there is zero stress on elbow...elbows arent fully locked arms are just hanging...you don't understand the movement.....I do them in crossover racks and went more bent arms too.....since I have been training over 25 years, and done these since my early 20's and my elbows have never had an issue (nor anyone i work with) - I repectfully disagree with you

JM

there is zero stress on elbow...elbows arent fully locked arms are just hanging...you don't understand the movement.....I do them in crossover racks and went more bent arms too.....since I have been training over 25 years, and done these since my early 20's and my elbows have never had an issue (nor anyone i work with) - I repectfully disagree with you

JM

I have to agree as well. Since I've began incorporating these I have had zero issues or pain in my elbows. The movement is incredible at pushing blood into the rear delts and taking the muscle to failure...and it burns like hell.

Just to kind of clarify something here, I don't do them Cutler style because of elbow or joint pain at all. I just like the squeeze I am able to get a little better

I prefer cables because you have tension on the rear delts throughout the entire movement...i use lighter weight because if you are isolating correctly you shouldn't have to go heavy and they will burn like crazy after eight to ten reps...I also use a slight bend in the elbow but do have a full range of motion, final set includes some static contractions which is also why i prefer cables on these, you can static contract during any part of the movement and still have full tension of the target muscle.

DT

Tried them today got a good burn but I prefer cables I think. But ill probably add it in at the end of my workouts to for a little bit

alrighty

My last post on this........they are your elbows, do as you please. In the following you tube video, the guy doing rear dealts is isolating them as much as humanly possible. ANY arm extension with a dumbell in your hand with your elbow straightened, DOES impact the elbow joint, it's a simple matter of physics and gravity acting on the weight, period. You say you have no stress, fine........but do that movement for 10-15-20 years, and then tell me about your elbow. How many pro's will tell you that behind the neck military presses completely wrecked their rotator cuffs? I can think of 7 off the top of my head. But while they were doing them for years on end they had no issues. Ask Dave Palumbo who can't even raise his arms over his head at age 41. Do you see that forearm support in my avatar? You'll be wearing two of them by then.

In closing in my FINAL post on the subject........I would like to ask the queston, when did SWINGING any weight, become a good idea? In that movement you are only hitting the delt at the upper 3rd of the movement. The rest is a complete waste of time, energy, and common sense.

To each their own........go forth and tear tendons!

Proper rear dealt technique:

YouTube - Rear Delt L Raises

More good form:

YouTube - 70 lb seated bent over rear delt raises for 13 reps at 19 (bdw 170)

More good info:

YouTube - IFBB Pro Chris Cook teaches rear deltoid technique from GMV

My last post on this........they are your elbows, do as you please. In the following you tube video, the guy doing rear dealts is isolating them as much as humanly possible. ANY arm extension with a dumbell in your hand with your elbow straightened, DOES impact the elbow joint, it's a simple matter of physics and gravity acting on the weight, period. You say you have no stress, fine........but do that movement for 10-15-20 years, and then tell me about your elbow. How many pro's will tell you that behind the neck military presses completely wrecked their rotator cuffs? I can think of 7 off the top of my head. But while they were doing them for years on end they had no issues. Ask Dave Palumbo who can't even raise his arms over his head at age 41. Do you see that forearm support in my avatar? You'll be wearing two of them by then.

In closing in my FINAL post on the subject........I would like to ask the queston, when did SWINGING any weight, become a good idea? In that movement you are only hitting the delt at the upper 3rd of the movement. The rest is a complete waste of time, energy, and common sense.

To each their own........go forth and tear tendons!

Proper rear dealt technique:

YouTube - Rear Delt L Raises

More good form:

YouTube - 70 lb seated bent over rear delt raises for 13 reps at 19 (bdw 170)

More good info:

YouTube - IFBB Pro Chris Cook teaches rear deltoid technique from GMV

Thank you for making this your last post, since you still don't get the fact that arms are hanging loosely, and lebows aren't locked.

JM

doh..I looked at the post and expected to see pics of some (more than one) hot women! you know cause of the title I will be doing these tonight...
:)

I get that.........You obviously DO NOT GET THAT IT STILL IMPACTS THEM. KIDS!

well then explain to us kids how in the hell this "impacts" your elbows. seriously bro...there is ABSOLUTELY NO STRESS on the elbows with this excercise. :rolleyes: Thats like saying that doing lateral raises, front raises or even regular chest flys shouldn't be done because they "impact" your elbows. Yes there is some stress on the elbows...only because you're holding the fucking weight in your hands!!!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity