over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

soy milk?

wasp

Kilo Klub Member
i've always heard its no good as it will promote estrogen, well this 26 yr old at work told me yest , its plant estrogen, it doesn't do anything to our body.....ever hear of this? cuz i haven't

I suppose it depends on who you listen to. If you get your information from anyone that would benefit from you buying soy I'd completely disregard anything and everything they have to say about it.

I think soy isoflavones definitely have an effect on the body. Whether good or bad depends on the person. For myself, I consider them bad.

I'd be just as concerned with the effect it has on the thyroid, the way soy is processed using aluminum vats which leach aluminum into the finished product, and hexane contamination.

I wouldn't touch soy with a ten foot pole unless it was fermented first.

I suppose it depends on who you listen to. If you get your information from anyone that would benefit from you buying soy I'd completely disregard anything and everything they have to say about it.

I think soy isoflavones definitely have an effect on the body. Whether good or bad depends on the person. For myself, I consider them bad.

I'd be just as concerned with the effect it has on the thyroid, the way soy is processed using aluminum vats which leach aluminum into the finished product, and hexane contamination.

I wouldn't touch soy with a ten foot pole unless it was fermented first.

I've been drinking soy milk for 8 years and I still have a good metabolism.
And no, I haven't grown breasts either. :D

I'm not big on soy, but a measely 25 grams per day is not going to cause any damage either.

BMJ

I don't think that it would be a good idea to use soy protein as your base for protein consumption but like MR. BMJ said that a little amount like what would be used for drinking with breakfast woulden't have any adverse effects.

My son drank soy milk for the last few years because he was lactose intolerant but now he drinks raw goat milk and is healthier than he has ever been and has zero stomach issues.

I know that some people believe that differant blood types use differant protein better , I as told that my blood type uses red meat protein better than others and some people use soy proteins better than others.

Here is an article on estrogen and phytoestrogen. Just thought it was somewhat informative.

Here are a few quotes from the above article:

Phytoestrogens, or the plant "version" of estrogen found in various edible foods, such as soy and soy protein, serve primarily as weak precursors to estrogen production. The isoflavones found in soy, for example, are similar in chemical structure to human estrogen, but Shippen notes that typically such estrogens have only about 1/500th the active effect of estradiol, the most active human estrogen.
Men have fewer estrogen receptors than do women. Additionally, there is a technique for manipulating these sites in men so that genuine estrogen is minimized: Shippen suggests that high levels of phytoestrogens compete with the female hormone for receptor sites, block its actions -- which can include some inhibition of pituitary functions -- and stimulate the P450 system in the liver to more actively process and excrete excess estrogen.

Susan Kleiner, Ph.D, RD, author of Power Eating, notes that phytoestrogens tend to overwhelm estrogen in competing at the receptor site level. "That's why we use phytoestrogens for both men and women who have hormonal-involved cancer," such as prostate or breast cancer. So, the process is absolutely clear: If you want to block estrogen, take moderate amounts of isoflavones.Soy protein is a great source of isoflavones, providing that you can find a soy protein that has the isoflavones in it. "Isoflavones can be found in soy protein, but not always, " advises Kleiner. "High heat or chemical processing can damage and deplete phytoestrogens and isoflavones. Some soy protein powders I had analyzed had no isoflavones whatsoever, even though the label touted their benefits. ."

Why drink something that’s far more expensive and has no greater benefit then cow’s milk unless your lactose intolerant.

There is alos the risk that the soy contain GMO's.

Which you of course should avoid.

I don't think that it would be a good idea to use soy protein as your base for protein consumption but like MR. BMJ said that a little amount like what would be used for drinking with breakfast woulden't have any adverse effects.

My son drank soy milk for the last few years because he was lactose intolerant but now he drinks raw goat milk and is healthier than he has ever been and has zero stomach issues.

I know that some people believe that differant blood types use differant protein better , I as told that my blood type uses red meat protein better than others and some people use soy proteins better than others.

your type o?

Here is an article on estrogen and phytoestrogen. Just thought it was somewhat informative.

Here are a few quotes from the above article:

Phytoestrogens, or the plant "version" of estrogen found in various edible foods, such as soy and soy protein, serve primarily as weak precursors to estrogen production. The isoflavones found in soy, for example, are similar in chemical structure to human estrogen, but Shippen notes that typically such estrogens have only about 1/500th the active effect of estradiol, the most active human estrogen.
Men have fewer estrogen receptors than do women. Additionally, there is a technique for manipulating these sites in men so that genuine estrogen is minimized: Shippen suggests that high levels of phytoestrogens compete with the female hormone for receptor sites, block its actions -- which can include some inhibition of pituitary functions -- and stimulate the P450 system in the liver to more actively process and excrete excess estrogen.

Susan Kleiner, Ph.D, RD, author of Power Eating, notes that phytoestrogens tend to overwhelm estrogen in competing at the receptor site level. "That's why we use phytoestrogens for both men and women who have hormonal-involved cancer," such as prostate or breast cancer. So, the process is absolutely clear: If you want to block estrogen, take moderate amounts of isoflavones.Soy protein is a great source of isoflavones, providing that you can find a soy protein that has the isoflavones in it. "Isoflavones can be found in soy protein, but not always, " advises Kleiner. "High heat or chemical processing can damage and deplete phytoestrogens and isoflavones. Some soy protein powders I had analyzed had no isoflavones whatsoever, even though the label touted their benefits. ."

interesting, are isoflavones available in pill form?

I've consumed my whey protein in 16 oz of soy milk ( unsweatened/low carb ) for years and it has not raised my estrogen levels. Each time I have my blood levels checked, my estrogen levels were in the low range.

Why drink something that’s far more expensive and has no greater benefit then cow’s milk unless your lactose intolerant.

seems like the right train of logic to me....theoretically it would be diversifying the different types of protein which COULD be beneficial.

I've consumed my whey protein in 16 oz of soy milk ( unsweatened/low carb ) for years and it has not raised my estrogen levels. Each time I have my blood levels checked, my estrogen levels were in the low range.

I believe the theory is that it does not cause your body to raise it's own E levels but the isoflavones will act like estrogens once in the body adding to your own E levels. Now this would be something that I would think would NOT show on a blood test. Sort of like xeno estrogens. I would look for more subtle signs like more water retention and a harder time getting lean.

Now of course you can look at the isoflavones as a week estrogen mimetic and the possibility of them displacing your estrogen and acting in a way like a weak plant based nolva. IMO many questions without concrete answers. Like MR. BMJ said I dont see 25g/day being an issue one way or another. If you are going to use soy avoiding the GMO is a good idea and most companies that use non GMO with mark the product as such.

I've been drinking soy milk for 8 years and I still have a good metabolism.
And no, I haven't grown breasts either. :D

That's good to hear. I have an aunt and cousin who are both vegan and they rely heavily on soy for protein. My aunt ended up having some issues with her thyroid after just a few months of starting on soy. Apparently my cousin is still relatively healthy.

I know most folks here don't eat unfermented soy in mass quantities. It seems like unfermented, hexane treated, genetically modified soy has taken the HFCS route and is being used in just about everything nowadays.

Even still, I don't know how anyone could live on this crap. A small amount everyday maybe, kind of like alcohol, but an entire diet of it?

Life Threatening Retaliation in Soy Prison Lawsuit | Food Renegade

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
your type o?

Yep , O-

I don't know how accurate the whole blood type working with differant proteins is but the explanation sounds good to me and it was comming from sombody that been doing this alot longer than me and has probably forgotten more about it than I'll ever know

Last edited:

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420