over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Widening your lats - simple exercise

mountaindog1

IFBB Pro / Featured Member / Kilo Klub
IFBB PROS
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Some video of a version of pulldowns I like to stretch out upper lats, scapulae, and surrounding soft tissue.

You have to use a fairly heavy weight, and this will not allow for high reps. Relax your scapulae at the top and streeeeetch. Just pulldown to the top of your head. DO NOT get crazy swinging and jerking or you will hurt yourself.

Here is video of what I am talking about..

JM

YouTube - Scapulae stretch pulldowns.MPG

I really like the close grip pulldown stretchers you show in the video with your foot on the bench. Those are killer.

I'll have to try these.

These hurt. I've been dipping my head forward to get more of a stretch on all reps... it "feels like shit" as my training partner and I like to say, lol.

Very cool , I have a question for you guys though.

I'm currently using a DC traing style incorperation the extreme stetching but my gym's pull up rack seem kinda close for me to get a realy good wide stretch.

So I'm wondering does it realy make that big of a differance if your grip is a little closer in perportion to your arm span , I'm 6'2" and have a 76" finger tip to figer tip span

I really like the close grip pulldown stretchers you show in the video with your foot on the bench. Those are killer.

I'll have to try these.

Those stretchers made a huge difference in my upper back and shoulder girdle flexibility, and added quite a bit of detail to my upper lats...I love those too..the trick is dipping your head down and really feeling it pull...

for those of you who havent seen what Dave is talking about..

YouTube - stretchers.MPG

JM

These hurt. I've been dipping my head forward to get more of a stretch on all reps... it "feels like shit" as my training partner and I like to say, lol.

Well you sure as hell have been doing something right for your back based on the recent pics you have posted :)

JM

Very cool , I have a question for you guys though.

I'm currently using a DC traing style incorperation the extreme stetching but my gym's pull up rack seem kinda close for me to get a realy good wide stretch.

So I'm wondering does it realy make that big of a differance if your grip is a little closer in perportion to your arm span , I'm 6'2" and have a 76" finger tip to figer tip span

Stretch from narrow, medium, and wide grips..do it all...the more the better...as long as you are pumped when you do it, and you don't go in and do it first thing and pop something..

JM

awesome stuff...I'll give it a try in a few hours since it's back day. Thanks!

That's what my warm up consists of. At least the first video. Before I do wide grip one's, I do something like that. He calls them partial pump reps. I bust out some at a low weight, up the weight a bit bust some more out. Rest, go slightly heavy for 2-3 reps, then I hit the heavy weight and I already got my area slightly pumped.

It makes me "feel" the muscle being worked better when I actually hit it then. Pulldowns have gone up 10-15lbs so it's been good to me.

Read my mind....

Ive been wondering what I could do not only to widen my back but also thicken.

And is that you in the Vid? If so back looks jacked!

Oh and if its not to much trouble any more info you may have and can share do you mind PM'ing me.

Thanks

Some video of a version of pulldowns I like to stretch out upper lats, scapulae, and surrounding soft tissue.

You have to use a fairly heavy weight, and this will not allow for high reps. Relax your scapulae at the top and streeeeetch. Just pulldown to the top of your head. DO NOT get crazy swinging and jerking or you will hurt yourself.

Here is video of what I am talking about..

JM

YouTube - Scapulae stretch pulldowns.MPG

Will definitely give this a run. I think this type of stretching is important.

I'm digging that movement and video as instructional. Thank you sir.

Tried it out tonight, gonna stick with it for a while. Thanks for posting!

Thanks for this! I'm needing something new to try on my back days.

thanks, i'll be trying these out tomorrow

When doing the wide grip stetches does the wt need to be heavier than usual to get the best stretch? since its a partial movement it seems you can use more wt, hence more growth in the area?

lucian

too bad i didn't even notice the excersise you were doing, I was too busy looking at all the freaky shit poppin out in your back :eek:

too bad i didn't even notice the excersise you were doing, I was too busy looking at all the freaky shit poppin out in your back :eek:

X2!!!! John got freaky lean and it shows haha.

This exercise works great for getting you good and stretched out and seems to make the remainder of the workout more productive...ie better stretch and contraction on all exercises.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear