over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

TRUTH ABOUT STEROIDS PART 2

PHIL HERNON

Banned
1. Anadrol raises serotinin AND noradrenaline levels
2. Dbol raises dopamine levels
3. Deca raises endorphin levels

All AAS act like addictive rec drug to the brain.....so see, you cannot say they are not addictive. Want to see a study? I got it.

I can see how the results are "addictive", but I've never finished a cycle of dbol and then "craved" to have more.

That's very interesting though.

interesting...do you mind posting tha study Phil?

Sure

Thiblin I, Finn A, Ross SB, Stenfors C.
Department of Forensic Medicine, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden.
Abstract

1. The effects of treating groups of rats with four different anabolic androgenic steroids (AAS) (testosterone, nandrolone, methandrostenolone, and oxymetholone) on 5-hydroxytryptamine (5-HT) and dopamine (DA) neurones in different brain regions were examined. The AAS was injected six times with 1 week's interval and the rats were sacrificed 2 days after the final injection. 5-HT and its metabolite 5-hydroxyindoleacetic acid (5-HIAA), DA and its metabolites 3,4-dihydroxyphenylacetic acid (DOPAC) and homovanillic acid (HVA) were measured. The effect on DA and 5-HT synthesis rate was analysed as the accumulation of 3,4-dihydroxyphenyl-alanine (DOPA) and 5-hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP), respectively, after inhibition of the amino acid decarboxylase with NSD-1015 (3-hydroxy-benzylhydrazine dihydrochloride). Additionally, the monoamine oxidase (MAO) activity was analysed in the hypothalamus. 2. The DOPAC + HVA/DA ratio was increased in the striatum in all treatment groups. However, the synthesis rate of DA was significantly increased only in the methandrostenolone treated group. 3. The 5-HIAA/5-HT ratio was increased in all treatment groups in the hippocampus, in the frontal cortex in the methandrostenolone-treated animals and in the hypothalamus in the testosterone- and oxymetholone-treated rats, while the 5-HT synthesis rate was not affected by the AAS-treatments. 4. The MAO-A activity was increased in the oxymetholone-treated rats while the other treatment groups were unaffected. The MAO-B activity was not changed. 5. The results indicate that relatively high doses of AAS increase dopaminergic and 5-hydroxytryptaminergic metabolism in male rat brain, probably due to enhanced turnover in these monaminergic systems.

PMID: 10217522 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]PMCID: PMC1565900Free PMC Article

Very interesting. Luckily i didnt feel great on any of those 3 and dont prefer them. Im a test/tren guy or a test/primo guy with var ;)

Saying "all" steroids act like an addictive recreational drug because 3 steroids in a study raise certain neural chemicals is quite a leap...what dosages where being used?

Saying "all" steroids act like an addictive recreational drug because 3 steroids in a study raise certain neural chemicals is quite a leap...what dosages where being used?

certain aas cross the blood brain barrier. i would consider this a neural chemical in itself

Exercise raises endorphin levels also, maybe thats why i am addicted...:eek:
What is your definition of addiction, thats a pretty important part of the equation i would suppose??

Really

A leap? So out of the 4 they tested, all had an effect...........where is the leap?

certain aas cross the blood brain barrier. i would consider this a neural chemical in itself

Which ones? And no...it doesn't make it a neurotrasmitter (bad wording on my part before)

Another

GH and slin regulate serotonin and dopamine levels

Abstract
Somatotropin (GH) and insulin (INS) low dose, long-term brain rejuvenation effect was studied in the cerebral cortex using NE, EPI, DA and 5-HT receptor subtypes of young (group I-treatment started 4 weeks continued to 16 weeks) and old rats (group II-treatment started 60 weeks continued to 90 weeks). GH and INS treatment showed significant decrease in NE and EPI content in cerebral cortex of both young and old rats. alpha(2A)-adrenergic receptors showed decreased expression whereas beta(2)-adrenergic receptors showed enhanced expression with age. GH and INS treatment significantly increased alpha(2A)-adrenergic receptor protein in group I rats whereas INS treatment could increase beta(2)-adrenergic receptor protein expression in group II rats. DA and 5-HT content decrease with age. GH and INS administration showed increase in DA and 5-HT content in the brain regions-corpus striatum and brainstem of both young and old rats. Also, DA D(2) and 5-HT(2C) receptor gene expression were increased significantly by GH and INS treatment in both young and old rats. In conclusion, low dose, long-term treatment of INS and GH to ageing rats improved the adrenergic, dopaminergic and serotonergic receptor subtypes activity and rejuvenation of brain function.

PMID: 18937042 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

A leap? So out of the 4 they tested, all had an effect...........where is the leap?

Several things affect neurotransmitters...l-tyrosine for example...but it doesn't make it addictive....Comparing dbol to cocaine is a leap....

1. Anadrol raises serotinin AND noradrenaline levels
2. Dbol raises dopamine levels
3. Deca raises endorphin levels

All AAS act like addictive rec drug to the brain.....so see, you cannot say they are not addictive. Want to see a study? I got it.

All this unnecessary training and food just to get high..........:eek:

Last edited:
So as an ageing mouse I should supplement gh and insulin to help restore brain function...good to know.....your still working on the premise that because something affects neurotransmitters it is addictive...

Well

So as an ageing mouse I should supplement gh and insulin to help restore brain function...good to know.....your still working on the premise that because something affects neurotransmitters it is addictive...

Lets do a real world study......
1. What are you on now?

Personally

I also think it effects ones judgements and perception of ones self. Some people for example may think they are big and lean when in reality to stand next to someone who is in reality big and lean may not see a difference....they may even use a pic as an avatar to " prove" this point....unbeknownst to them it draws comic relief.

Lets do a real world study......
1. What are you on now?

Lots of stuff! Also have a contest in 5 weeks.....are steroids mentally addictive...yes. Physically no...what's your point? How was your withdrawls when you got off? Have you ever been physically addicted to a drug? I have....an you simply cannot compare steroids to cocaine, heroine, meth etc.

did you mean to say all aas cross the blood brain barrier lol im not aware of any purely muscle active aas maybe im wrong tho can anyone name one?

i think its generally accepted that aas dont have an immediate "pleasure" type response upon use like a rec drug, but since neurally based chemicals are altered with their use, that could certainly lead to some of the chemical imbalance issues noted in rec drug users, but there is certainly a major difference between the addictive quality of aas and of a rec drug like heroin or meth..

All i know is that i have a seratonin defeciency and for the past 12 yrs i have dealt with it....now that i have been around aas the past 2 years i have never felt better. i feel like i was before it happened...my anxiety is not like it use to be either....thanks you aas and thanks phil for posting......

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear