over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

True Protein General Questions

SL1CED

Kilo Klub Member / Board Supporter
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Board Supporter
1) Is it a typo that Beef Protein Isolate is 300mg sodium per serving?

2) Is Beef Protein Isolate a good source of protein? If so, what's it compared to something like WPI or Instantized Miscellar Casein?

3) If I can tolerate Miscellar, can I tolerate Calcium Caseinate?

4) How do I make the shakes thick? If I'm using Miscellar and/or Beef Protein Isolate, it seems as if texture is to thin.

5) I like thick, creamy shakes. What flavors do you recommend I go for?

6) Would mixing Creamy PB or Choco PB with Banana Bash be a mistake? I love real life PB & B Sandwiches.

I've tried Choco Banana and Banana's N' Cream. Choco Banana is about a 6/10 on thickness and 9/10 on taste, Banana N'Cream is a 1/10 on thickness and 7/10 on taste. Both are 10/10 in quality cause my stomach says so. It's a 50/50 blend of Casein/Egg White that i'm using currently.

1) Is it a typo that Beef Protein Isolate is 300mg sodium per serving? IT'S PROBABLY TRUE, IT'S BEEN OUT FOR A WHILE SO THE ERROR PROBABLY WOULD HAVE BEEN CAUGHT BEFORE NOW IF IT WAS A TYPO

2) Is Beef Protein Isolate a good source of protein? If so, what's it compared to something like WPI or Instantized Miscellar Casein? SOME PEOPLE CAN HANDLE IT, SOME PEOPLE'S STOMACHS CAN'T. PERSONALLY, I CAN'T HANDLE THE BEEF PRO ISO, BUT OTHER PEOPLE CAN USE IT NO PROBLEM

3) If I can tolerate Miscellar, can I tolerate Calcium Caseinate? I PERSONALLY CAN TOLERATE BOTH JUST FINE

4) How do I make the shakes thick? If I'm using Miscellar and/or Beef Protein Isolate, it seems as if texture is to thin. MIGHT WANT TO PLAY AROUND WITH HOW MUCH WATER (AND MAYBE WATER TEMPERATURE) AND POSSIBLY ADD FIBER TO MAKE IT A LITTLE THICKER

5) I like thick, creamy shakes. What flavors do you recommend I go for? I LIKE JAVA MOCHA AND CHOCO PB CUP A LOT. IT REALLY DEPENDS ON WHAT PROTEIN YOU ARE USING WHEN YOU ARE LOOKING FOR WHAT TYPE CONSISTENCY YOU WANT

6) Would mixing Creamy PB or Choco PB with Banana Bash be a mistake? I love real life PB & B Sandwiches. NEVER TRIED MIXING THOSE. THEY DO HAVE A PB AND J FLAVOR THOUGH

I've tried Choco Banana and Banana's N' Cream. Choco Banana is about a 6/10 on thickness and 9/10 on taste, Banana N'Cream is a 1/10 on thickness and 7/10 on taste. Both are 10/10 in quality cause my stomach says so. It's a 50/50 blend of Casein/Egg White that i'm using currently.

i'm in caps above, hope that helps.

Thanks man. All that is appreciated.

If anyone has anything else to say, I'm all ears.

Like drop said play with the amount of liquid to make it thicker. In the past I thought the mint chocolate wasn't chocolaty enough for me so I ordered more chocolate protein and mix them together, worked awesome. Though I haven't done anything like you are trying to do. Worst case scenario is you get two pounds of protein that you like but don't like mixed together.

Like drop said play with the amount of liquid to make it thicker. In the past I thought the mint chocolate wasn't chocolaty enough for me so I ordered more chocolate protein and mix them together, worked awesome. Though I haven't done anything like you are trying to do. Worst case scenario is you get two pounds of protein that you like but don't like mixed together.

PB & J doesn't sound too good. Just trying to be a bit creative.

Anyone try Choco Chip Cookie Dough?

TP needs to add a Cinnamon Roll, Cake Batter, and Rocky Road flavor.

1) I don't know for sure but I assume they are careful about that sort of thing.
2) Good source? Of course, it's just different than whey so it certain benefits and draw backs just like any source.
3) Micellar is more finely processed than calcium caisenate but they are both milk based proteins so it stands to reason you should be fine. I don't see a results oriented reason to switch to calcium though.
4) Water amount and if you are using a blender ice. Pure micellar should be plenty thick so I'm a tad surprised you have issue there. In a blender with water it's almost thick enough to eat with a spoon. The more air you whip into it the thicker it will be to a point. Kind of like eggs, you can cook them in a skillet right out of the shell and they will be flat... but use a whisk on them and they are fluffy.
5) Rich flavors like the chocolate based ones tend to go better with the thicker proteins. Micellar casein, Team Skip(my suggestion) or other blends really do well with chocolate, vanilla and their variations. Things like whey isolate are good with chocolate but really bring out the lighter fruit flavors.
6) Personally the flavors are subtle enough that combining them really wouldn't yield the strong combination you get with regular food. No harm in trying it once but my guess is that it won't be a home run. If it is... let me know :)

50/50 Egg white and micellar casein is the blend I've been using lately... I really enjoy the consistency although to be fair I make all my shakes into a pudding like mix with only a few ounces of water in a bowl.

50/50 Egg white and micellar casein is the blend I've been using lately... I really enjoy the consistency although to be fair I make all my shakes into a pudding like mix with only a few ounces of water in a bowl.

I have done that with chocolate protein and natural peanut butter...Almost like a reese's but in a pudding consistency. Looks like puppy shit, though the taste is great.

I have done that with chocolate protein and natural peanut butter...Almost like a reese's but in a pudding consistency. Looks like puppy shit, though the taste is great.

haha my friends took to calling it baby poop.

Appreciate all the advice bro, but particularly this one. Using the exact same combo right now. 50% Miscellar & 50% Egg white and using bananas n' creme and Choco Banana but not together.

I use a shaker cup, what do you recommend I do to get it thick? And if I were to use a bowl what do you recommend I do? I'd like to get a thick shake out of it I'd like to make it a pudding but all I'm working with here is water and the protein powder.

I may cut back from 10oz to about 7oz of water for thickness in the shake.

And if I were to heat it up would it lose any of it's properties?

Like a hot pudding. 1 scoop Casein/ 1scoop Miscellar, a few ounces of water in a bowl and in the microwave for a minute?

Like a hot pudding. 1 scoop Casein/ 1scoop Miscellar, a few ounces of water in a bowl and in the microwave for a minute?

i don't think so.....i mean, i add hot coffee to my shakes and haven't noticed a difference (or at least not in how well my stomach handles or doesn't handle it).

For the regular pudding consistency I just put in 2 scoops or whatever powder you are using in a bowl and drizzle cold water on it while mixing. It will be clumpy and too thick at first but you'll find a point where it thins out very smoothly and has a firm texture. When I say drizzle I mean just about the lowest amount of water at one time that comes out as a continuous stream and not droplets. It's even better cold so 30+ minutes in the fridge is ideal or a few minutes in the freezer. If I had to guess on the water amount I'd say 3-4 oz

I've seen a lot of guys use protein powder to make a brownie like substance in that manner, they simply a tiny amount of baking soda/powder(I don't know which) and microwave briefly. I think you are fine heating it up and even cooking as long as you aren't incinerating the stuff People have been adding protein to hot oatmeal forever and don't seem to be suffering from it.

Last edited:
Will give this protein pudding a try tonight!

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member