advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

how long do aromasin side effests last after stopping?

jeffchance

Registered
Well, I've been on 12.5 ed aromasin for about 1.5 to 2 weeks, and have been experiencing terrible pain in my back. im on a 3 on 1 off split, and the pain began on the 1st day of my last 3 days. i didn't know what it was at first, and worked through it. the pain did not let up though, and added about 45 minute to my workouts, and my strength was down becaue of it. i felt like an old man, about to break.

anyway, yesterday was my last day taking aromasin, and today was the first day of my split again. i could not finish a whole set of weighted dips, so i decided to try some half way down bench presses in a power rack, with spotting pins and all. after getting the bar off the pegs, i knew from the pain in my back that if i lowered that weight, it was not going back up.

so, i scrapped today's workout. i did my calves (even the shoulder pads on the standing calf machine hurt intensely), did my cardio, and went home. i decided that if there was ever a time to take some time off, this is it. i plan to take off tomorrow and friday, and hit the gym again on saturday. I am not going off my diet or pussing out in any other way. just 2 days off from the gym.

my question is for anyone familiar with this type of pain from aromasin. do you think i'll be good to go by saturday? i've been trying to find an answer, and the cancer websites say the pain STARTS to subside after a week, but can take a month or more to go away. i'm sure these people have been on a lot longer than me , though.

any help will be appreciated.

I'm not a doctor but I doubt your back pain is from the aromasin. If the back pain continues....go see your doc.

i didn't think so at first either, but back pain is listed as a side effect of aromasin. also, i've never had pain like this, and i've never done aromasin, so i am pretty sure it is.

thanks, though, and you're right, if the pain doesn't let up, i will go see a doctor.

I've used aromasin for over 2 years without incident. Another possibility if the pain is in your lower back on either side could be kidney stones. I have suffered from that in the past and that pain can be debilitating. Check your water intake. And, as above, if it persists...see the doc.

I've used aromasin for over 2 years without incident. Another possibility if the pain is in your lower back on either side could be kidney stones. I have suffered from that in the past and that pain can be debilitating. Check your water intake. And, as above, if it persists...see the doc.

thanks, but it's not in my lower back. it's in my lower traps (upper/middle back), right on the sides of my spine, then it lessens as it goes up my traps, but is present in both traps.

also, i know a lot o people use this with no incident, but this pain came on shortly after starting it, and it's a pain like i've never had before. i know from speaking with my trainer that i'm not the only ones that gets these sides, and person after person on the cancer sites mentions pain so bad they can't take a shower, and can barely function, and that's where i feel i'm headed if i stay on this compound.

there are also plenty of people on those cancer sites that DON'T get sides, like you said is the case with you. I guess I'm just one of the lucky ones.

hey, i do appreciate your help, though. i'm pretty well convinced that it is the aromasin causing my pain. I suppose I will know for sure in a week at the most. thanks.

thanks, but it's not in my lower back. it's in my lower traps (upper/middle back), right on the sides of my spine, then it lessens as it goes up my traps, but is present in both traps.

also, i know a lot o people use this with no incident, but this pain came on shortly after starting it, and it's a pain like i've never had before. i know from speaking with my trainer that i'm not the only ones that gets these sides, and person after person on the cancer sites mentions pain so bad they can't take a shower, and can barely function, and that's where i feel i'm headed if i stay on this compound.

there are also plenty of people on those cancer sites that DON'T get sides, like you said is the case with you. I guess I'm just one of the lucky ones.

hey, i do appreciate your help, though. i'm pretty well convinced that it is the aromasin causing my pain. I suppose I will know for sure in a week at the most. thanks.

In post-menopausal women, AIs (all AIs not just Aromasin), may cause arthralgia and myalgia (pain in the joints & muscle aches). Your problem is that you have made the mistaken assumption that you have something in common with post-menopausal women other than your Aromasin use. The pain is caused by a depletion in estrogen. In post-menopausal women aromatase accounts for the majority of their estrogen since their ovaries are no longer producing. This does not happen in healthy pre-menopausal women or in healthy males (unless the male uses a ridiculous amount of AI). So you see you can read the experiences of post-menopausal women with cancer on Aromasin all you want but it has nothing to do with you. Your trainer is as clueless as you are if he thinks you have pain due to exemestane. Of course it will likely be gone in a week and you will attribute the pain cessation with your cessation of exemestane when the fact of the matter is that the two are not related. You made a very far leap in causation based upon information that does not apply to you. This complaint about Aromasin is probably all over the cancer boards, no shit Sherlock. Extremely common in post-menopausal women on AI therapy. Why isn't it all over bodybuilding boards where there are thousands of users? But as you say, you are pretty well convinced.

Rex.

In post-menopausal women, AIs (all AIs not just Aromasin), may cause arthralgia and myalgia (pain in the joints & muscle aches). Your problem is that you have made the mistaken assumption that you have something in common with post-menopausal women other than your Aromasin use. The pain is caused by a depletion in estrogen. In post-menopausal women aromatase accounts for the majority of their estrogen since their ovaries are no longer producing. This does not happen in healthy pre-menopausal women or in healthy males (unless the male uses a ridiculous amount of AI). So you see you can read the experiences of post-menopausal women with cancer on Aromasin all you want but it has nothing to do with you. Your trainer is as clueless as you are if he thinks you have pain due to exemestane. Of course it will likely be gone in a week and you will attribute the pain cessation with your cessation of exemestane when the fact of the matter is that the two are not related. You made a very far leap in causation based upon information that does not apply to you. This complaint about Aromasin is probably all over the cancer boards, no shit Sherlock. Extremely common in post-menopausal women on AI therapy. Why isn't it all over bodybuilding boards where there are thousands of users? But as you say, you are pretty well convinced.

Rex.

haha. you're a douche bag. i am open to the possibilty that it's not what i think it is, and if it's still here in a week, i'll go to the doctor.

thanks, for nothing, though...

Rex.

Also, do you have an idea what is wrong?

sounds like you pulled a muscle lifting honestly

could be. thanks. i feel about 50 percent better today, and hopefully will be good by saturday. i could easily be mistaken as to the cause, but the anecdotal evidence led me to believe it's the aromasin. new pain? new compound? must be the compound causing the pain, and a few other things. thats what got me googling and led me to those cancer sites.

anyway, i just hope i can lift again by saturday, or sunday at the latest. thanks.

and i am still staying of aromasin, as i don't think i need it. i would say i'll keep you updated, but there doesn't seem to be much interest. later...

Last edited:

are you always on an anti-e. I always though the whole "estrogen rebound" was just a myth but some swear letro will do it. If you used aromsain for say 2years and then just went back to trt would normal estro levels be the same? I'd presume so since doc's prescribe nolvadex and adex for estrogen for men on trt and have them use it for years.

if you estrogen levels get extremely low (you kill it all off), which I'm not sure how high of dosage of aromasin you were running...but if your estro levels are way way to low then it can cause joint pain and actually make you feel a bit weaker

if you estrogen levels get extremely low (you kill it all off), which I'm not sure how high of dosage of aromasin you were running...but if your estro levels are way way to low then it can cause joint pain and actually make you feel a bit weaker

i was not on a high dose, but i think i may be sensitive to it. by the afternoon of my second day off, i felt about 80 percent better. it was like the pain had been "draining" out of my muscles, all day yesterday. i felt much better in the afternoon thatn i did even in the morning of that day.

it wasn't just pain. i felt brittle, weak and just plain bad.

pretty sure it was aromasin, but no reason for me to disrespect anyone who thinks differently. it was my ailment, and i dealt with it the way i though was right.

thanks.

Last edited:
could be. thanks. i feel about 50 percent better today, and hopefully will be good by saturday. i could easily be mistaken as to the cause, but the anecdotal evidence led me to believe it's the aromasin. new pain? new compound? must be the compound causing the pain, and a few other things. thats what got me googling and led me to those cancer sites.

anyway, i just hope i can lift again by saturday, or sunday at the latest. thanks.

and i am still staying of aromasin, as i don't think i need it. i would say i'll keep you updated, but there doesn't seem to be much interest. later...

well the aromasin could be involved. aromasin dries you out...ie shrinks you a little...decreasing leverage rates...less strength...something might give...a back muscle tore a little I would guess.

I highly doubt Aromasin would cause such a side effect. Actually, I've never read of anything remotely close to this. Are you taking other orals (back pumps, etc.)? Otherwise, just sounds like a muscle/tendon/skeletal issue.

I highly doubt Aromasin would cause such a side effect. Actually, I've never read of anything remotely close to this. Are you taking other orals (back pumps, etc.)? Otherwise, just sounds like a muscle/tendon/skeletal issue.

no orals, just test. you've never read of low estrogen causing muscle, joint, or bone pain? i've read of it so much i though it was common.

the pain does kind of remind me of joint pain from winstrol, though, the way it just hurts really bad, nearly debilitating me. but no, no orals, and haven't done any in a while. in fact, all i do is test and a very clean diet with plenty of good fats and green vegetables, and fruits.

thanks, though. i feel a lot better today. will be back in the gym tomorrow.

i have the exact same pinching sensation at my lower trap, mid upperback area and mine feels like its under the shoulder blade to the spine traveling up my trap and i take aromasin. but ive been on aromasin for almost a year and a half now and this has never happend. im gonna find out what my chiro says and ill get back here. oh btw ididnot loose strength but i feel like i get bad circulatuon to that side.

i have the exact same pinching sensation at my lower trap, mid upperback area and mine feels like its under the shoulder blade to the spine traveling up my trap and i take aromasin. but ive been on aromasin for almost a year and a half now and this has never happend. im gonna find out what my chiro says and ill get back here. oh btw ididnot loose strength but i feel like i get bad circulatuon to that side.

thanks dude. i'm feeling better after a couple days off. one of the reasons i thought of aromasin as the culprit is because pain started up shortly after i started aromasin and i had never taken it before.

i'm not trying to suggest this is COMMON, but i do think it happened to me.

if you have been on it that long, i wouldn't think its the cause. hope you get to feeling better...

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear