over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Best Cissus product for joints?

Flex2019

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
I've been having some issues with by bicep tendons for quite some time now. I've read good things about Cissus for healing joints and tendons, and I'm curious to hear if any products have worked particularly well for people. Also, what is the optimal dosage?

I use the Primaforce version. I'ver used it for 3 years and had great results. I used to use a supp that had msm, glucosamine, and chondroitin with varying results. I added the Cissus and since then, no more joint issues.

Here's some info for those that might not know what it is (i know i didnt):

From Wikipedia:

Cissus quadrangularis has been evaluated for medical uses. As of May 2009, a PubMed search for Cissus returns 68 results.

As a rich source of carotenoids, triterpenoids and ascorbic acid it has potential for medical effects, including "gastroprotective activity" in conjunction with NSAID therapy[2] and in "lipid metabolism and oxidative stress" [3].

Cissus has been "discovered" by sports and nutritional supplement manufacturers and, mostly based on anecdotal evidence, many claims for "weight loss" and "muscle protective" effects are being made. Participants in some weightlifting forums also say it can help with soft tissue problems in the joints such as tendonitis.

Cissus is known to be an ancient medicinal plant, with optimal healing in white tissue areas of the body (tendons, ligaments, etc).[4]

Sport supplement manufactures recently purified an extract of the plant to help increase the delivery of nutrients to soft tissue. There have been claims that it helps heal fractures by increases in new bone growth, and has been shown to relieve arthritis and osteoarthritis when used topically as a balm.[4]

I've been having some issues with by bicep tendons for quite some time now. I've read good things about Cissus for healing joints and tendons, and I'm curious to hear if any products have worked particularly well for people. Also, what is the optimal dosage?

I remember reading about people 'mega dosing' as it was the only way for it to work......for what its worth I take cissus in normal dosages and it never really got rid of the chronic inflammation in my elbow. Not even motrin really helped it. It wasnt until I started taking 10iu of hgh PWO 3x per week that it went away. So it may 'work' for some people, but if you got a tendon problem cissus aint gonna fix it, IMHO. I just take it cause it definitely helps the joints a bit and Ill do whatever I can to increase the longevity of my joints etc.

probally the best otc supplement for tendon problems. i use primaforce works ok it def helps.

i find gh with thyroid meds to work the best but for some reason gh by itself dont help.

SB

Just search for it bulk, not in some overpriced OTC product.

Cissus quadrangularis works and very well IMHO.

I use Super Cissus Rx.. 10 bucks for 100 grams. At 3 days in, taking 3.6 grams, the pain relief has definitely been noticeable.

I use Super Cissus Rx.. 10 bucks for 100 grams. At 3 days in, taking 3.6 grams, the pain relief has definitely been noticeable.

Super Cissus Rx worked very well for my elbow issues!!!

Hey Flex

I had elbow pain in both elbows and it was pretty bad and was getting worse, it was painful to even do curls and even if i warmed up good it barely made a difference. But what DID work was a cycle of test (low dose ) and deca at about 300 mgs for about 12 weeks and while on that I took super cissus and glucosamine/chondroitin for the full 12 weeks and when it was over the pain was completely gone and hasnt come back since and that was 5 years ago.

I remember reading about people 'mega dosing' as it was the only way for it to work......for what its worth I take cissus in normal dosages and it never really got rid of the chronic inflammation in my elbow. Not even motrin really helped it. It wasnt until I started taking 10iu of hgh PWO 3x per week that it went away. So it may 'work' for some people, but if you got a tendon problem cissus aint gonna fix it, IMHO. I just take it cause it definitely helps the joints a bit and Ill do whatever I can to increase the longevity of my joints etc.

I think you're probably right. This is a chronic tendinitis that has bothered me for over a year now. I've given it time off, massage, ice, NSAIDs. Sometimes it gets better for a short time but it always comes back. I'm not expecting miracles, but anything is worth a shot at this point.

I had elbow pain in both elbows and it was pretty bad and was getting worse, it was painful to even do curls and even if i warmed up good it barely made a difference. But what DID work was a cycle of test (low dose ) and deca at about 300 mgs for about 12 weeks and while on that I took super cissus and glucosamine/chondroitin for the full 12 weeks and when it was over the pain was completely gone and hasnt come back since and that was 5 years ago.

That sounds about where I'm at. No amount of warming up really helps, and it's getting to the point where it's affecting a lot of movements, and even my posing. I'm around 4 weeks into a run of something similar to what you did, hopefully it helps. I'm going to add the Super Cissus soon. Do you happen to remember if you used to recommended dosage or if it took more, as a lot of people seem to report?

For what it's worth, I've taken it regularly in both pill and liquid versions. Pill's did nothing...liquid was fantastic.

For what it's worth, I've taken it regularly in both pill and liquid versions. Pill's did nothing...liquid was fantastic.

I've only seen it in powder or capsule form. Where did you find the liquid?

ok i understand cissus relieves joint pain but just because the pain is gone does not mean it has actually strengthened ligaments or tendons.... is there any proof that id actually does make them stronger?

YES

That sounds about where I'm at. No amount of warming up really helps, and it's getting to the point where it's affecting a lot of movements, and even my posing. I'm around 4 weeks into a run of something similar to what you did, hopefully it helps. I'm going to add the Super Cissus soon. Do you happen to remember if you used to recommended dosage or if it took more, as a lot of people seem to report?

I think i did take a bit more than the recommended dose on the cissus and the G/C , but more importantly i took them both for the full 12 weeks consistently.
Good Luck

NO PROOF

ok i understand cissus relieves joint pain but just because the pain is gone does not mean it has actually strengthened ligaments or tendons.... is there any proof that id actually does make them stronger?

But he is just looking to relieve the elbow pain.

I think you're probably right. This is a chronic tendinitis that has bothered me for over a year now. I've given it time off, massage, ice, NSAIDs. Sometimes it gets better for a short time but it always comes back. I'm not expecting miracles, but anything is worth a shot at this point.

Yea, none of those really helped me in the long run...maybe a bit in terms of preventing it from getting worse, or dulling the pain.

I started wearing apt elbow wraps during benching, especially when the weight was on the heavier side to help it... it was weird, id aggravate it and id feel it in weird times. For instance, I reach out for a can of beer, and on the way in, like the motion of bringing the can closer to me would hurt the tendon in my elbow....no weights, just the motion. It was like tennis elbow, but with the hgh, it seems like a thing of the past! praise the lord.

When i took it i had pretty good lifting pumps, all i was on was cissus and protein, my muscles felt fuller....

I've only seen it in powder or capsule form. Where did you find the liquid?

I have used a product called flex now...its made from African Shea butter beans..for several years on and off..and its great...it reduces inflammation etc..I have also used Carlson fish oil tablets...and evening primrose which I take regularly..

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131