over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Androgel Question

HOTROCKS

Registered
The doc's got me on 5 gram pack of andro gel a day .
Which If I read correctly has 50mg of test in each dose .
My question is how much of the test is actuality absorbed ?
I was told to apply it on my shoulders .

The doc's got me on 5 gram pack of andro gel a day .
Which If I read correctly has 50mg of test in each dose .
My question is how much of the test is actuality absorbed ?
I was told to apply it on my shoulders .

You did read it correctly.You absorb roughly 10%. so it is prescribed with 5mgs per day being the intended dose.Very common practice to start with this and get labs drawn and proceed from there.

Thanks
So I'm only getting 10mg out of a 50mg dose daily.

After 7 days I'm only getting 70mg.
That seems insignificant .

Thanks
So I'm only getting 10mg out of a 50mg dose daily.

After 7 days I'm only getting 70mg.
That seems insignificant .

Well, if its only 10% like he said then youre only getting half that amount which is 5mg/day.

I don't know how much it takes on gel to get most guys to normal range, but im on injectable at my insistance to my endo and I take 120 mg/wk and it puts me in the high 700s to low 800s.

Thanks Brother
It just seems like a waste at that absorption rate.

Thanks Brother
It just seems like a waste at that absorption rate.

Make sure you get your bloodwork done after 5 or 6 weeks or so. I am in the same boat as you but I got my bloodwork done at 4 weeks and was told I was in the needed range. The flippin phone screener would not release my actual #s to me and of course she won't have the Dr call me back. I feel like shit now and the initial good spirits and feelings I had are gone. I'm thinking that the gel is actually suppressing what natty test I had. I just sent out some at home bloodwork to get my own results and see if I should contact an endo or someone else from there.

Well, if its only 10% like he said then youre only getting half that amount which is 5mg/day.

I don't know how much it takes on gel to get most guys to normal range, but im on injectable at my insistance to my endo and I take 120 mg/wk and it puts me in the high 700s to low 800s.

To get the dose Maldorf is getting which would be 120 mg/wk minus the esters would equal about 87 mg pure testosterone, you would need about 17 or 18 doses of Andro gel or testim gel.So you would need to go up to 2 or 3 per day.They do prescribe these doses as I once was on 3 Testim tubes(5 mg each) per day which equaled 15 mg test per day or 105 per week.But,thats A LOT of gel to be rubbed in daily.

Like the bolded portion in Maldorfs post I got to the point I also INSISTED on injects.Its a long process getting things set up and your levels steady etc.. but play their game and be a good patient it will all work out in time.Remember this is for life and about your health,but also don't be afraid to be vocal about what you want as you have rights as a patient also.

Make sure you get your bloodwork done after 5 or 6 weeks or so. I am in the same boat as you but I got my bloodwork done at 4 weeks and was told I was in the needed range. The flippin phone screener would not release my actual #s to me and of course she won't have the Dr call me back. I feel like shit now and the initial good spirits and feelings I had are gone. I'm thinking that the gel is actually suppressing what natty test I had. I just sent out some at home bloodwork to get my own results and see if I should contact an endo or someone else from there.

Yes ,most HRT patients are almost completely shut down.So they are actually easier to get into range and levels stable.You are probably on the decline but still producing some testosterone.This is where Docs have to decide if they try other methods to try and bring back your natural production or throw in the towel and consider you hypogonadal needing LIFELONG TRT. Your assessment is right in what happens you get an initial burst with the therapy.BUT and as you become suppressed from the extra testosterone levels you slowly decline what natural production you had which calls for an increase in testosterone administration.Bloodwork should reveal this next time you draw.

my buddy was using that and he didnt put in on shoulders..

he shaved off his calf muscle hair, and applied it on the inner calf muscle wearing latex gloves, then he put those seran wrap? those kitchen condom thingys? lol sorry cant htink of the name..
but he wrapped it around his calf to make it sweat inside the wrap. he says it gets absorbed much better, faster. plus. he didnt want none of that going on his gf@nite time in bed.

or u can plug it? lol

short

Last edited:
Thank alot Brothers !
Yep ! one month after the first dose I get more blood work done.

androgel is a joke, thats 35mg a week.......that put me at 300 level...........now i inject my own , 100mg a week.............no bennys so no way of comparing but, its has to be better than 300................i give blood every 2 months to keep crit down

My friend is on androgel and it has done wonders for him. He competes in alot of triathlons and has low bodyfat. His skin is pretty thin allowing greater absorption ( according to his doctor ). His total T count was 1300 after application. After two days off, his T count total was 285. He applies it to his forarms, upper chest, and neck. I, on the other hand, can't stand putting that crap on every day. That's why I opted for injecting myself every 10-14 days. I guess you'll have different results from person to person.

Just wondering how you like androgel. I started androderm 5 mg(the patch) about the same day as you. I have noticed fuller muscles (water retention) but that's it. No increase in libido at all (I'm 43), not like I was hoping for anyway. In the past with my self-prescribed TRT, libido got cranked up pretty good. I got blood work done yesterday. I go to the VA hospital, so I am kind of at their mercy. The doctor said he may increase the patch MG but I doubt they tell me what my levels are. They kind of keep me in the dark there. I asked him to give me Injections, but he said only if I have skin irritations to the patch. What do you think of androgel so far?

I didn't see any results from it.
I won't get anymore.

I didn't see any results from it.
I won't get anymore.

I have heard so many say that and yet so many endo insist on it. The idiot I have now is pushing for me to go off injections and on the gel. I put my foot down and said "no". At our last meeting he gave me another script for 6 months. I see this guy again in November and hes pushing for me to drop my dose down from 120 mg/wk to 100mg/wk because of my hct being high. You have to fight these guys sometimes. My old endo was great, but she left the practice. I wonder why she left?

ever see the commercial for low t? thats the company that makes androgel.........nuff said, not about what you want, its about what greed makes the dr give you

androgel is a joke, thats 35mg a week.......that put me at 300 level...........now i inject my own , 100mg a week.............no bennys so no way of comparing but, its has to be better than 300................i give blood every 2 months to keep crit down

I "acccidentally" rubbed DMSO on my skin about a half hour before applying androgel and my blood was unexpectedly taken either that day or the next at my doc's office. My total test came back at 1835 on 10mgs gel. He did not check FT , estrogen etc and realized I had not had blood drawn for 6 months and decided to check it along with cbc.

I was prescribed Testim by a urologist because my test level was at 140. One tube a day for 3 months brought my level up to 395. He upped me to 1 1/2 tubes a day, and 3 months later my level went to 640. He said he didn't feel comfortable with my level going any higher. I told him I still didn't feel any better and he said, "Like Jack Nicholson said, 'That's the best it's gonna get.' ". I asked him what my free test and estrodiol level's were and he said he doesn't check them unless there's a problem. Wouldn't my not feeling any better constitute at least a small problem? I'm just finishing my first cycle in over 10 years and the high test levels obviously resulted in my feeling 100% better than with the Testim. I'm weighing the possiblity of blast and cruise from now on and monitoring my blood work through 3-6 month Doctor visits.

Hotrocks, I love your avatar. Are you an old guy like me? Mighty Mouse was my favorite "superhero" when I was a little kid. (Which was a loooong time ago). Don't think he's around anymore. "Here comes Mighty Mouse to save the day!!!"

Chuck999

As far as the test gels are concerned, what the hell is the problem with just injecting say 100 mg once a week or so? I think somehow because its an injection the docs feel like its a bigger deal, and prescribing the gel is more "conservative." Also like someone posted, a lot of prescribing by docs is "influenced" by the pharmacy companys.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws