over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Hamstring injury

BigDaddy_554

Registered
Hey guys I injured my right hamstring this past Sunday performing my second RP set of standing leg curls. I have been to see an Ortho, got a MRI, and go back later today to see what kind of treatment he wants to perscribe. The MRI results read as follows:

- There is a low to intermediate grade partial tear of the vastus lateralis muscle and two associated small intramuscular hematomas.

- Partial tears of the short and long heads of the biceps femoris muscle and minimal adjacent hemorrahage and/or edema.

I assume he is going to perscribe PT for this injury and was wondering what you guys would suggest to assist in the recovery. I would like very much for this to heal in a way to help prevent any reinjury as well as correct any deformities. I know I am asking a lot, but what would give me the best chance at generating some hyperplasia and preventing excessive development of scar tissue?

First off lets think, how do you think this injury came about from a standing leg curl???? What went wrong???? Where would you better prepare yourself again??? This being said follow the doctor not some guy from a blog or forum to tell you what to do!!!! It's your body were talkin bout here and your body is your temple and within that temple lies your god. Praise him because he knows all.

Oh and sorry good luck bro hamstring injurys r a bitch, stay stong.:eek:

I pulled my hamstring in Dec '05 while grappling and it is still painfull today. 2x it has flaired up so bad as to curtail my training. A friend who tore hers got and mri and then went through the perscribed physical therapy and has no issues now.

I tried igf into the area but it never helped.

Good Point

First off lets think, how do you think this injury came about from a standing leg curl???? What went wrong???? Where would you better prepare yourself again??? This being said follow the doctor not some guy from a blog or forum to tell you what to do!!!! It's your body were talkin bout here and your body is your temple and within that temple lies your god. Praise him because he knows all.

I have been through all this the day it occured. To give a little more backgroud. The particular machine I used the day of the injury was not the one I routinely used. In fact it was my first time using it, but the other one was occupied so I figure why not. Now I may know. :mad: This particular machine is overloaded on the starting potions which in retospect may have been the root cause. I had completed my first RP of 10 without any issue. I utilize 3-5 second negatives on this move so I did not think the weight was excessive. I ultimately believe the force I generated to start the movement caused the tears. Therefore, I do not plan to use this machine again.

I have and always plan on following my orthos advice. This guy has worked on many professional atheletes and he knows who I am as well as what my goals are. Nevertheless, there are topics that we simply do not discuss in depth. One being the use of super supplements.

Ultimately, I am asking for advice from all my board brothers and sisters as to what peptide(s) or other items that would assist with hyperplasia.

I pulled my hamstring in Dec '05 while grappling and it is still painfull today. 2x it has flaired up so bad as to curtail my training. A friend who tore hers got and mri and then went through the perscribed physical therapy and has no issues now.

I tried igf into the area but it never helped.

Yeah, I have heard this from a number of people. In fact my ortho and his prother were both college level atheletes themselves. He recommended injecting the tears with corizone to reduce scar tissue development. He said he wish they had done this to his when it happened and he did infact do this for his brother which oddly enough tour his as well. I obviously respect and trust him so he injected about 8 cc of cortizone into the tears yesterday and perscribed me PT which I will start on Monday.

I would recommend continuing with your PT exercises even after your sessions are completed. Incorporate the use of a foam roller for the hamstring as well. It will help stimulate blood flow through the muscle to help reduce the build up of lactic acid and other toxins within the tear areas. Some claim that the roller will help stretch the muscle fascia as well which can assist with the hyperplasia you requested.

Ultrasound is a god send. You can buy one for $125 from LGMedsupply. It not only speeds healing but prevents scar tissue formation. I had a patellar dislocation, tore medial retinaculum, vastus medialis and sartorious 4 and a half months ago. Within a couple months I was back up to leg pressing 11 plates a side for 20 and 315 on squats for 20. I can't go heavier due to nerve damage, but the physical injuries are good.

Thanks

I would recommend continuing with your PT exercises even after your sessions are completed. Incorporate the use of a foam roller for the hamstring as well. It will help stimulate blood flow through the muscle to help reduce the build up of lactic acid and other toxins within the tear areas. Some claim that the roller will help stretch the muscle fascia as well which can assist with the hyperplasia you requested.

I will look into getting a foam roller as you suggested. I do have deep tissue massages every other week currently and will continue as this should help as well. The PT also includes massage and ultrasound therapy.

Ultrasound is a god send. You can buy one for $125 from LGMedsupply. It not only speeds healing but prevents scar tissue formation. I had a patellar dislocation, tore medial retinaculum, vastus medialis and sartorious 4 and a half months ago. Within a couple months I was back up to leg pressing 11 plates a side for 20 and 315 on squats for 20. I can't go heavier due to nerve damage, but the physical injuries are good.

That is very engouraging. The PT includes ultrasound I assume for the benefits you mentioned. Do you think more than 3 X week for 4 total weeks will benefit the injury?

Hey guys I injured my right hamstring this past Sunday performing my second RP set of standing leg curls. I have been to see an Ortho, got a MRI, and go back later today to see what kind of treatment he wants to perscribe. The MRI results read as follows:

- There is a low to intermediate grade partial tear of the vastus lateralis muscle and two associated small intramuscular hematomas.

- Partial tears of the short and long heads of the biceps femoris muscle and minimal adjacent hemorrahage and/or edema.

I assume he is going to perscribe PT for this injury and was wondering what you guys would suggest to assist in the recovery. I would like very much for this to heal in a way to help prevent any reinjury as well as correct any deformities. I know I am asking a lot, but what would give me the best chance at generating some hyperplasia and preventing excessive development of scar tissue?
Geez! Very sorry to hear. :(

I haven't researched peptides enough to make recommendations there, but I'd imagine there are peps out there that can work wonders for recovery, based on my limited experience with using a few myself.

As for supplements, I'd start swallowing pills of Super Cissus Rx like it's going out of style!!! Quality Cissus quadrangularis products, (like Super Cissus Rx), can work miracles when it comes to healing injuries!

That is very engouraging. The PT includes ultrasound I assume for the benefits you mentioned. Do you think more than 3 X week for 4 total weeks will benefit the injury?

Without a doubt. I started using it 5 X a week on a 10 year old pectoral rupture that has plagued me since then making dumbell presses near impossible. Despite being able to handle 315 for 15 - 17 in the incline barbell I couldn't ever go over 70lb dumbells. After 2 weeks I'm up to 100lb dumbells and still progressing. IMO every bodybuilder should have one. Twinges heal in days instead of weeks.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131