over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Reeves Deadlifts for mountaindog

Shelby

IFBB PRO / Double Featured Member/Kilo Klub
IFBB PROS
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I think I posted a video of these last year, but with a standard Oly bar so a much wider grip. John had me do 8 sets of 8 of these today, with the ez-bar and more explosive.
This was after 8 sets of 8 on db rows, and 10 sets of 10 on donkey calf raises. Ouch! :D

It's an interesting upper back / trap movement if you're looking for something new.

YouTube - Video 1

I think I posted a video of these last year, but with a standard Oly bar so a much wider grip. John had me do 8 sets of 8 of these today, with the ez-bar and more explosive.
This was after 8 sets of 8 on db rows, and 10 sets of 10 on donkey calf raises. Ouch! :D

It's an interesting upper back / trap movement if you're looking for something new.

YouTube - Video 1

That was perfect. Every rep should be solid...so everyone knows the 8 sets of 8 isn't for failure every (or any) set...Shelby has been busting ass with high intensity for 20 plus weeks...so this is a change of pace....only a few exercises..lots of reps...

Try them a little bit wider next time, and pop up on those calves like an olympic lifter..nothing wrong with bigger calves too :)

JM

That was perfect. Every rep should be solid...so everyone knows the 8 sets of 8 isn't for failure every (or any) set...Shelby has been busting ass with high intensity for 20 plus weeks...so this is a change of pace....only a few exercises..lots of reps...

Try them a little bit wider next time, and pop up on those calves like an olympic lifter..nothing wrong with bigger calves too :)

JM

Yah, I put 2 dimes on the inside of each end... plus a 45, and a quarter. So 180 total, plus the bar. Next time I'll put 3 dimes on the inside on each side.

I noticed in your video from a while back, you deadlift the weight THEN shrug it. I'm sort of shrugging right from the get-go, pulling off the floor with my traps and upper back sort of. I take it that's alright?

I'm glad you posted this video as I was doing these today. It's definitely a great exercise but takes a few sets to get the "feel" correct.

Yah, I put 2 dimes on the inside of each end... plus a 45, and a quarter. So 180 total, plus the bar. Next time I'll put 3 dimes on the inside on each side.

I noticed in your video from a while back, you deadlift the weight THEN shrug it. I'm sort of shrugging right from the get-go, pulling off the floor with my traps and upper back sort of. I take it that's alright?
What would be the difference between what u were using and a trap bar?

What would be the difference between what u were using and a trap bar?

The grip is wider, and with a trap bar you're basically standing at the center of gravity (inside the bar) so there's less back work and more leg work.

How many people come up to you asking...What does that workout? Why are you doing it like that? Why are you using that bars? Or just look at like you like..what they is that guy doing..lol

I get all that when I do the close grip pull down while standing up and getting that deep slow stretch

you know......

i already do something like these
but i made a ROW movement out of it
with an incline bench

very similar to a T-bar type row
only wider, and more towards the throat
and more explosive

John........how would you correlate between the 2????

i would do a quick vid, but i hadnt done'em
since the pec tear.......i will though as soon as i can

:)

you know......

with an incline bench

and more explosive

Post it up... I luv the unique exercises.. when people think outside the box.. great for the average joe genetic crowd..

How many people come up to you asking...What does that workout? Why are you doing it like that? Why are you using that bars? Or just look at like you like..what they is that guy doing..lol

I get all that when I do the close grip pull down while standing up and getting that deep slow stretch

When you are in bodybuilding you need to be very creative, more creatve you are more plesure you will find in working out. For example I use the pullover machine for triceps and biceps.

When you are in bodybuilding you need to be very creative, more creatve you are more plesure you will find in working out. For example I use the pullover machine for triceps and biceps.

I agree. I did not mean to come off as a "smart ass" or anything. Sorry if I did.

you know......

with an incline bench

and more explosive

Post up a vid brother..would love to see it big man. Based on what you are saying...sounds very similar, but the pull with a wide grip from the floor works the shit out of your spinal erectors too...the further out you space the weight you actually hold..the harder it gets...

I try to do it like an olympic movement...explosive and shrug and stand on my calves at the same time....

JM

Absolutely...

looks like a nice exercise def gonna be adding this in a routine soon.

Wow, something I know a bit about :headbang: Similar to WG oly bar deadlifts I used to do as an accesory for snatch. Like your trainer said, CALVES!

I used to do these, about 30 reps, but you drop the bar and rest 10 seconds between reps (allows you to use heavier weight yet focus on form).

Then I'd go over to a Hammer strength Shrug/Deadlift plate loaded machine if you have one and repeat 30 more reps with 10 sec rest b/w reps, (less weight) but this time no explosion and forget calves with focus on traps/rear delts with a bit more forward lean. Almost a cross b/w deadlift and bent row if you can picture it.

Kicks your ass!

just wanted to thank you guys for posting up new exercises that werk, always like that, will be doing these tomorrow in addition to our back werkout.:headbang:

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear