over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What haven't I tried for BI growth?

VinnyGenoa

Newbies
I have tried so many workouts over the years for my BI's, they grow but I can't hone in on that one perfect set of excersizes that will make them be full even at rest, when working them they get very full and worked hard. However I can't get a full look at rest, they just lag behind all other bady parts. Any suggestions? I've done done drop sets, supersets, negatives, but all seem to leave me feeling disappointed.:banghead:

I have tried so many workouts over the years for my BI's, they grow but I can't hone in on that one perfect set of excersizes that will make them be full even at rest, when working them they get very full and worked hard. However I can't get a full look at rest, they just lag behind all other bady parts. Any suggestions? I've done done drop sets, supersets, negatives, but all seem to leave me feeling disappointed.:banghead:

Have you tried not training them for a few months and then coming back to them? They get plenty of stimulation from heavy back exercises.

where are your insertion points????

would you say you have long biceps????
or short biceps???

can you post a pic???

or short biceps???

can you post a pic???

Exactly. Most of it has to do with insertion points. Mine stand on my arm almost as high when my arm is straight as when I flex them.

or short biceps???

can you post a pic???

Just curious what would you do differently if you had someone with short Biceps that insert high, as opposed to long biceps??

Have you tried not training them for a few months and then coming back to them? They get plenty of stimulation from heavy back exercises.

Damn. You beat me to it. However, I bet you a dollar, Fade, he can't NOT train them even if just every other week. :)

Skip

The above advice is best. To add... try arginine at a fairly high dose 2-3 times daily. Sorry just reread your post. I thought you asked about making them feel full all day long (pumped). For size you need to not train them direct for a few weeks. Then just do as others have stated and train them with high intensity for very short periods. Literally 10 mins per week is enough... 2 exercises 2-3 sets each. So many ways to do it... even just some heavy barbell curls once weekly.

Last edited:
hv u tried standing with ur back against th wall while u curl,alot of people will train ther forarms instead of ther bi hapen all of th time, check into it u ll find what ur looking for i,m no good at writting nor spellin srry but th info is ther.also u need to explain urself better so th bigs here can help u better.such as what r u doing and how u r doing it and send pic instateing what u want worked on

Biceps are an issue for me as well. I tried Lee Priests 20 set routine for a month, a while back. I lost a quarter inch on my arms in a month. I gather that I'm better off with once a week, one or two exercises, low sets. My biceps don't seem to get high when flexed, either. I'd love to hear more on insertion points and how they affect training styles or any other good advice. I can say that I hardly got any pump in them at all until I started using test. Once I did that I could actually feel the muscle for the first time. I've been doing drag or b.b. curls after back workouts. I have tried putting my back up against a wall or the rack during b.b. curls and I really believe it helps me.

Damn. You beat me to it. However, I bet you a dollar, Fade, he can't NOT train them even if just every other week. :)

Skip

Skip,
Didn't you write a blog about how you thought your arms were already a great feature, so you cut back on training them, and they grew even faster? To the point you were getting comments constantly on them?

I have weak biceps, they grew, after I cut the sets down to 1/2. I also focus on strict, concentrated form and not heavy weights.

Just curious what would you do differently if you had someone with short Biceps that insert high, as opposed to long biceps??

haha......theres nothing you can do
if you have short biceps, you have small biceps

comparitively speaking

longer bis are much bigger when FLEXED
then shorter bis

i guess there is just more meat there

Flex your bicep. If you can fit only one finger (from your other hand) between your flexed bi and the inside of your forearm at that joint (putting it on top of the bicep tendon,) you are a lucky man with a nice long bicep belly. Two fingers and you are considered average. Three fingers? You have your work cut out for you.

Last edited:
Biceps are an issue for me as well. I tried Lee Priests 20 set routine for a month, a while back. I lost a quarter inch on my arms in a month. I gather that I'm better off with once a week, one or two exercises, low sets. My biceps don't seem to get high when flexed, either. I'd love to hear more on insertion points and how they affect training styles or any other good advice. I can say that I hardly got any pump in them at all until I started using test. Once I did that I could actually feel the muscle for the first time. I've been doing drag or b.b. curls after back workouts. I have tried putting my back up against a wall or the rack during b.b. curls and I really believe it helps me.

You should sound like your lifting too heavy and using your ancillary muscles instead of biceps.

I'd drop the weight till you can flex your bicep during the lifts. This helped me tremendously.

My favorite biceps exercises are.

Straight BB curls
Straight bb preacher curls
Dumbbell preacher curls

Always resisting on the negatives. These^ have really help me feel my biceps while working out.

I feel everyone's pain.
Recently I have been having trouble really making the mind muscle connection with my left bicep and really feeling the muscle. This has led to a 2 month nagging soft tissue injury between my forearm and bicep as I think I am hoisting the weight rather than lifting with the muscle.

Any tips to help get that mind -muscle connection back?

I feel everyone's pain.
Recently I have been having trouble really making the mind muscle connection with my left bicep and really feeling the muscle. This has led to a 2 month nagging soft tissue injury between my forearm and bicep as I think I am hoisting the weight rather than lifting with the muscle.

Any tips to help get that mind -muscle connection back?

See my above post. Also try flexing till it hurts and mimic bicep exercises. Sometimes it helps to close your eyes and visual the movement.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws