advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

LACK OF ENDURANCE/ENERGY IN GYM...WHAT DO i DO???

GYMRATN

Registered
In my high school days I was a track/cross coutry star, and you couldn't wear me out. Now I'm 25 and noticing my endurance is going to shit! After a few good work sets at the gym my body is shot. I leave sometimes thinking I didnt do enough even though I'm worn out. I dont do ANY real cardio now because I'm trying to gain weight and I feel cardio will hurt my gains. Am I wrong? What pre/during workout drink can I take to give me an xtra boost? thanks

I like Superpump 250 by Gaspari, it kinda gives me that boost when i need it. That combined with some motivating music in my earphones to block out the rest of the world puts me slap bang in the zone.

Don't take it near bedtime otherwise you'll be lying in bed feeling extremely wired, lol.

Stick with the cardio though, it will help in the long run.

Last edited:
Well

Cardio is needed , no matter what , especially for your endurance . I advise those who are trying to gain weight to do 15 mins in when you get to the gym and 15 mins after your workout . Keep is high paced ( as fast as you can handle ) . Its a nice warm up and it keeps the blood flowing and opens up the lungs. I also advise that you keep track of the calories and make it up post work out. If you normally do 500 Cals post workout and you burned 250 caloires, do 750 ..... It works for most not all...

In my high school days I was a track/cross coutry star, and you couldn't wear me out. Now I'm 25 and noticing my endurance is going to shit! After a few good work sets at the gym my body is shot. I leave sometimes thinking I didnt do enough even though I'm worn out. I dont do ANY real cardio now because I'm trying to gain weight and I feel cardio will hurt my gains. Am I wrong? What pre/during workout drink can I take to give me an xtra boost? thanks

Cardio becomes increasingly MORE difficult with more muscle mass. The heart is required to pump more blood to all the new muscle and the lungs are required to absorb more oxygen into the bloodstream.

You cannot expect to be a bodybuilder and run marathons. You wouldn't put a stock car in the Indy 500.

...but a good way to improve your cardio ability would be to give EQ a shot. It increases your hemocrit tremendously. Meaning more oxygen-carrying red blood cells. It's not great for your heart, but it'll give you the best chance of being a marathon-running bodybuilder.

IMO, you're going to have to make a choice. I wouldn't throw cardio work totally out the window, but don't expect to run around like an 18 year old if you're trying to add muscle mass. It's like trying to sit and stand at the same time - conflict of goal.

Might be as simple as your diet.. what's it look like?

my diet

Might be as simple as your diet.. what's it look like?
in the morning i have oats, eggs and a shake.
before lunch i have fruit/ protein bar
lunch is usually about 8oz of beef or chicken, veggies and shake
3pm (pre wkout) brown rice and some type of fish (usually canned tuna) and yogurt
post wkout shake
dinner either 8oz beef,chicken, pork, or fish and veggies w bread
before bed shake

try dropping the yogurt before your workout. could be the results of blood sugar levels

You might just be overtraining. this may be casued by factors such as: diet, sleep, and training. How much good sleep are you getting each day? How about the diet? If sleep and diet arent up to par then youll have to cut back on the volume and/or intensity of training. If your sleep and diet are on track, then youre just doing too much in teh gym all of the time. Look into periodization training.

in the morning i have oats, eggs and a shake.
before lunch i have fruit/ protein bar
lunch is usually about 8oz of beef or chicken, veggies and shake
3pm (pre wkout) brown rice and some type of fish (usually canned tuna) and yogurt
post wkout shake
dinner either 8oz beef,chicken, pork, or fish and veggies w bread
before bed shake
Just for a week......add more carbs to your diet.....gauge how you feel......see if you add bodyfat or not......just for testing purposes......you may find that your body can handle and process more carbs without adding bodyfat......additionally you will see an increase in energy.....i am not a fan of low carb diets because it drops your energy.....give it a good week......and then you will know.....best of luck!

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdx236
NapsGear