over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Filtering Reconstituted Peptides - Expert Opinions Wanted

Newman

Registered
Hi guys.

I'm sure you've probably all read the threads on IV use of GH...

Well, I DON'T want to discuss that heated topic here on this thread all over again, but I do have a related question that came to my mind when reading that other thread.

Anyway, I read that there are MAY be impurities in many/most brands of GH (and possibly other peptides as well) that MAY endanger anyone administering these products via the I.V. route.

What I'm wondering is whether reconstituted peps & GH could be filtered through a Whatman filter prior to use, without removing the active desireable ingredients along with any impurities?

Basically, I'm not sure whether the various sizes of GH & peptide molecules are small enough to pass freely through such filters?

I know that these filters have different pore sizes, but I'm unsure how big the peptide molecules are.

Also, I'm unsure whether the peptide molecules are too fragile to survive the turbulence of being pushed through the filter media...

Anyone have accurate knowledge they're willing to share on this topic?

Very interesting question!

My first assumption would be that of course a good amount of it will be stuck in the filter but hell we filter the crap out of our other goodies and although they are not quite as fragile they do both start off as a raw powder...

Very interesting question!

My first assumption would be that of course a good amount of it will be stuck in the filter but hell we filter the crap out of our other goodies and although they are not quite as fragile they do both start off as a raw powder...

Thanks Mace.

I guess without specific knowledge of the various molecule sizes (assuming there's significant variation), then it's pretty tough to hypothesize as to what would get through any given pore size...

I know that there are some seriously knowledgeable experts here that might have accurate answers. Hopefully one will stumble across this thread...

Also, I'm unsure whether the peptide molecules are too fragile to survive the turbulence of being pushed through the filter media...

I'd say that's the biggest danger.

As for "mpurities", what type were you referring to? A common one is E.Coli contamination, though this is generally noted via a reaction on the surface of the skin after a SC inj. Of course if this occurs or any other type of undesirable reaction, I'd say you certainly would not want to consider an I.V. with it.

If there's still a concern of using without filtering - other common steps to check:
Recon'ed GH should be crystal clear. A magnifying glass can assist. Boil the GH if unsure. :D j/k

Pharmaceuticals might be another consideration. GenSci and Genheal now selling for as low as 2.5 per IU and if I.V.'ing, you'll use less and get more for the money.

Sending off to a lab is another option.

I'd say that's the biggest danger.

As for "mpurities", what type were you referring to? A common one is E.Coli contamination, though this is generally noted via a reaction on the surface of the skin after a SC inj. Of course if this occurs or any other type of undesirable reaction, I'd say you certainly would not want to consider an I.V. with it.

If there's still a concern of using without filtering - other common steps to check:
Recon'ed GH should be crystal clear. A magnifying glass can assist. Boil the GH if unsure. :D j/k

Pharmaceuticals might be another consideration. GenSci and Genheal now selling for as low as 2.5 per IU and if I.V.'ing, you'll use less and get more for the money.

Sending off to a lab is another option.

Would a simple HPLC let you know whether or not there are any contaminates? I found a lab in cali that does them for $65, which is a very small amount to KNOW that your g2g.

But could the same batch have some contaminated bottles while others are not? Also, say you order quite a bit at a time, with many types you cannot know whether or not they are the same batch, so I guess you would have to order a brand name GH that shows which batch each kit is and request when you order that all kits be the same batch?

Would a simple HPLC let you know whether or not there are any contaminates? I found a lab in cali that does them for $65, which is a very small amount to KNOW that your g2g.

But could the same batch have some contaminated bottles while others are not? Also, say you order quite a bit at a time, with many types you cannot know whether or not they are the same batch, so I guess you would have to order a brand name GH that shows which batch each kit is and request when you order that all kits be the same batch?

Good thoughts. What I'm wanting to know are what type of contaminates ("impurities" ) are we talking about? If the worry here is partially undissolved fillers which can and will irritate the vein, then I see this as a genuine concern. These are what can eventually harm the veins. However if we are talking about particular solvents, those remaining after recon, or perhaps a bug per se, or any other contaminant residing within pure liquid form, I'd say it matters little. Once something like these are injected (admin type matters not), these are going to be absorbed into the body regardless, eventally penetrating the vascular wall. Course, you will receive a reaction of some type, avoidable by testing prior to I.V. via SC.

My kid used to have one of those science kits w/microscope. You'd be surprised what they can see! Certainly saw things my own eyes couldn't! Relatively cheap too.

By the way, I used to inject reg. peptides I.V. Not anymore due to temporary adverse skin reactions. Best to keep substances like these away from a sensitive vein.

Last edited:
Good thoughts. What I'm wanting to know are what type of contaminates ("impurities" ) are we talking about? If the worry here is partially undissolved fillers which can and will irritate the vein, then I see this as a genuine concern. These are what can eventually harm the veins. However if we are talking about particular solvents, those remaining after recon, or perhaps a bug per se, or any other contaminant residing within pure liquid form, I'd say it matters little. Once something like these are injected (admin type matters not), these are going to be absorbed into the body regardless, eventally penetrating the vascular wall. Course, you will receive a reaction of some type, avoidable by testing prior to I.V. via SC.

My kid used to have one of those science kits w/microscope. You'd be surprised what they can see! Certainly saw things my own eyes couldn't! Relatively cheap too.

By the way, I used to inject reg. peptides I.V. Not anymore due to temporary adverse skin reactions. Best to keep substances like these away from a sensitive vein.

Do you use sterile or bac water to recon IV GH?

Sterile only for I.V. though BW is mostly tollerated.
By the way, anymore on this and we'll be on the verge of hijacking the mans thread.

Well the only reason I am asking is b/c I am wondering if the bac water would kill off anything undesirable and therefor avoid any infection which could negate the need to filter but I am just thinking out loud... and this would not do anything about the filler but would the filter catch the filler and not whatever we are filtering?

But I do think it applies to what the OP is interested in knowing but being that bac water would not want to be used it is a pointless thought.:banghead:

Last edited:
Well the only reason I am asking is b/c I am wondering if the bac water would kill off anything undesirable and therefor avoid any infection which could negate the need to filter but I am just thinking out loud... and this would not do anything about the filler but would the filter catch the filler and not whatever we are filtering?

But I do think it applies to what the OP is interested in knowing but being that bac water would not want to be used it is a pointless thought.:banghead:

Ah I get what you're thinking. Yes still on OT. While this is a nice idea, OTH your veins may eventually think otherwise if injecting BW for any extended length of time.

Last edited:
Ah I get what you're thinking. Yes still on OT. While this is a nice idea, OTH your veins may eventually think otherwise if injecting BW for any extended length of time.

Back to the drawing board!

I wish this stuff wasnt so damn delicate!

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws