over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Cheat Curls

curls-for-girls

Registered
I talked to a guy in the gym today with some of the bigest arms ive ever seen in real life. Not fat arms either cut and vascular. He said all he does for his arms is BB cheat curls and standing close grip behind the neck presses for his triceps.( its not like a french press where the elbows stay in, his elbows where out like a shoulder press)

Im just wondering what the genral opinion is on BB Cheat curls for bicep development... and this standing close grip behind the neck press for ticeps.

Thanks everyone

No new advice for you. It's simple: if you can get away with it, don't worry about it. If, like many, you can't get away with it, you'll need more arm-aggressive programming to get adequate development.

So, are cheat curls and BTN presses all you need for arms?

Short answer: can be, doesn't mean it has to be.

I talked to a guy in the gym today with some of the bigest arms ive ever seen in real life. Not fat arms either cut and vascular. He said all he does for his arms is BB cheat curls and standing close grip behind the neck presses for his triceps.( its not like a french press where the elbows stay in, his elbows where out like a shoulder press)

Im just wondering what the genral opinion is on BB Cheat curls for bicep development... and this standing close grip behind the neck press for ticeps.

Thanks everyone

I love cheat curls myself and believe they have helped me add great strength and size to my bi's as for only doing cheat curls I would never put myself in a box like that. There is no way you can work every part of your bi with this movement. I like putting them in the end of my workout or the begining if i wanna really try to throw some weight on my bi's.

On this movement your talking about with theclose grip tri with elbows out of course its just like doing the pushdowns with elbows inside sometimes and sometimes outside. Just as I said with he other exercise i would never just do one of these movements unless doing some DC syle training and then you would do two different exercises on two different days in your week.

I think he probably has the genetics to train that way...

My arms need a lot more work than that to respond. My traps grow just by brushing my teeth, I swear but my arms, I have to totally punish those bastards to get them to grow.

I think cheat curls, partial reps, negatives and all that have a place... but I am not lucky enough to only do those and have huge arms.

I remember in Junior High, many years ago, one of the kids in my class was a late bloomer with puberty but when he hit it, damn, he was ripped and muscular. He played no sports and did not work out. He looked like he did but it was just genetics. He was fugly looking but his physique was pretty impressive for such a young kid. If he would have trained, he could have competed easily in a couple of years.

Some people just have those genetic traits and/or many years of training.

While that may be all he does for arms NOW, I doubt that was all he has ever done. He was probably having trouble distinguishing between "What have you done to build those?" and "What are you doing for arm training?".

sounds like he was trying to get RID of someone
bothering him and asking a 100 questions in the gym

just sayin

:cool:

Shoulda asked him how much he rowed and how much he pressed. Those build big arms.

sounds like he was trying to get RID of someone
bothering him and asking a 100 questions in the gym

just sayin

:cool:

:D

his arms would look like that no matter what type of curls or tricep exercises he did. his arms don't know if he's doing cheat curls or concentration curls with dumbells. they just respond to resistance.

his arms would look like that no matter what type of curls or tricep exercises he did. his arms don't know if he's doing cheat curls or concentration curls with dumbells. they just respond to resistance.

I agree with this line of thinking.

Some people are just genetically gifted bro, just because that workout works for him doesnt mean its going to make your arms blow up. My traps and legs grow fairly easily, yet biceps I have to kill to notice gains...Its all variable bud

Shoulda asked him how much he rowed and how much he pressed. Those build big arms.

I know a dude that never trains arms directly, just lots of rows, chins and presses. His arms are not small.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
MindMuscle88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws