over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

pineapple juice and glucose tabs

wasp

Kilo Klub Member
can anyone fill me in or direct to a post that would enlighten me...............i'm currently on 100mg trt and sometimes bump up to 250, also on 4 ius 6/1.........i'm curious if these would play a part in my routine.............from what i've been able to gather pineapple offsets slin or something? i don't use slin........and i'm curious what glucose tabs will do, i use na-ala which aids in glucose disposal, why would you wana take glucose tabs? in place of dextrose pwo?

Yes

can anyone fill me in or direct to a post that would enlighten me...............i'm currently on 100mg trt and sometimes bump up to 250, also on 4 ius 6/1.........i'm curious if these would play a part in my routine.............from what i've been able to gather pineapple offsets slin or something? i don't use slin........and i'm curious what glucose tabs will do, i use na-ala which aids in glucose disposal, why would you wana take glucose tabs? in place of dextrose pwo?

They are sugars............and pineapple juice tastes really good.

I prefer breath mints and Red Bull with my slin.

always thought sugar was the devil, but i read the ingredient in pineapple juice is a natural anti inflammatory?

dextrose is glucose...
Pinapple juice taste good and has micro nutients like Bromelainm which help with digestion and reduces inflamation

so what are you guys doing, using pineapple juice pwo in place of dextrose? where do the glucose tabs come in?.......don't everyone chime in at once now :rolleyes:

I'm amazed at some of the questions coming from vets. I don't know wasp and his history but there was another guy who asked about glucose tabs recently, someone who has been a round a long time.

Diabetics who go hypo are recommended to drink a glass of orange juice. Maybe that's the 'best sugar'. :confused::D

i'd never claim to know everything about anything, i learn every day...........fwiw, i'm amazed at how many vets read posts and don't help with what they know...............guess i should lurk more

i simply asked CONCRETE why he chose pineapple juice. he kinda answered.
fruits are part of my diet so i don't change anything if i use slin.
-JS

i'd never claim to know everything about anything, i learn every day...........fwiw, i'm amazed at how many vets read posts and don't help with what they know...............guess i should lurk more

Sugars in juices and glucose tabs all end up as glucose in the blood. Same with complex carbs in foods, though they may be too slow for use with insulin, depending on dose/type of insulin. Fructose though is a type of sugar that isn't great to use with insulin so don't go with straight fructose with insulin. Fruits with partly fructose can be used.

With insulin it doesn't really matter which you choose - you just want to raise your blood sugar. Pineapple juice, grape juice, orange juice, dextrose tabs, dextrose powder, maltodextrin powder, Vitargo, all pretty much interchangeable. Some small adjustments when switching carb sources like this may need to be done based on blood sugar levels.

so, like i stated in op, i don't use slin, so this would only come into play for a slin user?

so, like i stated in op, i don't use slin, so this would only come into play for a slin user?

Well if you have sugar post-workout and feel it's beneficial you can choose any sugar you like. Maybe eat some glucose based candies. Have some pineapple juice. The choices are endless. :D

Glucose tabs are carried around only for convenience in case of hypo, nothing else.

ahh, eh, ill just stick to my dextrose, figures i wouldn't have known of this since i don't use slin and have never researched everything around its use, ty killer

but, i will say, my knees have been aching lately, maybe from the test, im sure the pineapple juice couldn't hurt, all ready am on 6 g fish oil and a pack of animal flex daily

well, dextrose pwo sure, other than that i try to stay away from sugar, is this a bad approach?

Sugars in juices and glucose tabs all end up as glucose in the blood. Same with complex carbs in foods, though they may be too slow for use with insulin, depending on dose/type of insulin. Fructose though is a type of sugar that isn't great to use with insulin so don't go with straight fructose with insulin. Fruits with partly fructose can be used.

With insulin it doesn't really matter which you choose - you just want to raise your blood sugar. Pineapple juice, grape juice, orange juice, dextrose tabs, dextrose powder, maltodextrin powder, Vitargo, all pretty much interchangeable. Some small adjustments when switching carb sources like this may need to be done based on blood sugar levels.

Simple fast sugars are quicker at raising not only blood sugar,but replenish muscle glycogen more effiicently.Fruits/fructose are more utilized at replenishing glycogen in the liver.

Simple fast sugars are quicker at raising not only blood sugar,but replenish muscle glycogen more effiicently.Fruits/fructose are more utilized at replenishing glycogen in the liver.

and buy concentrated Bromelain capsules for its antiinflammatory and digestive effects if using pineapple juice for your slin.

I think the whole hospital analogy Concreteguy used just confused people why he was using pineapple juice. The hospital surgery use of pinapple juice was for a different purpose than from using it with slin.

Killer, I don't think we have ever spoke before. I think the speed these things bring and where they go first is of utmost importance. I could be wrong but from reading this I think you maybe speaking from things you have read or bro science. Let me get this ....your getting hit and going hypo and your going for Vitargo? Alot of Dextrose powders make guys fart. You think there is no differance between pineapple juice and maltodextrin powder? Have you ever, ANY OF YOU taken the time to test these things with a glucose meter(finger pricking fun) to know? I did! Or is it just cooler to sit back and say
"I eat tic tacs". Well I say there is a BIG something to do about nutrient timing! You guys all know more than Lee Haney? Shit he's just another loser that didn't have an idea or two each. At least I tried these things. I know what works on me.

Currently in line purchasing a ticket on AIR'LURKERS'AMERICA

Not all sugars from fruits, that applies just to fructose specifically. And not "fast sugars" from fruits as fructose is VERY slow.
wiki said:
Fructose has the lowest Glycaemic Index (G.I. = 19) of all the natural sugars and may be used in moderation by Diabetics.
Some fruits are glucose mainly (e.g. grapes).

Killer, I don't think we have ever spoke before. I think the speed these things bring and where they go first is of utmost importance. I could be wrong but from reading this I think you maybe speaking from things you have read or bro science. Let me get this ....your getting hit and going hypo and your going for Vitargo? Alot of Dextrose powders make guys fart. You think there is no differance between pineapple juice and maltodextrin powder? Have you ever, ANY OF YOU taken the time to test these things with a glucose meter(finger pricking fun) to know? I did! Or is it just cooler to sit back and say
"I eat tic tacs". Well I say there is a BIG something to do about nutrient timing! You guys all know more than Lee Haney? Shit he's just another loser that didn't have an idea or two each. At least I tried these things. I know what works on me.

Currently in line purchasing a ticket on AIR'LURKERS'AMERICA

It was more the question of "are glucose tabs more effective than other sugar sources?" that made me wonder. It seemed as if you didn't know it was dextrose and that dextrose powder is the same exact thing. You're right in that sugars differ in their effects on the stomach for example. I prefer malto over dextrose. But in essence all my examples raise blood sugar quickly and may be used with insulin.

Vitargo is great when going hypo. Why would you say it isn't? It raises BG very quickly and will bring you back.

I said nothing about the value of nutrient timing.

As far as glucose meters, I would say they are pretty much useless in the hands of the average meathead. Sure, you can see if you're hypo- or hyperglycemic but if you don't know how to use it you won't know if your BG is currently moving up or is still going down. You really need to know quite a bit if it's going to be a useful tool.

I didn't mean any offense, it's just that some questions by "vets" surprise me. But OTOH you don't need to know much to be a fantastic bodybuilder. You think Ronnie Coleman or most pros know about these things in detail? I don't. :D

Not all sugars from fruits, that applies just to fructose specifically. And not "fast sugars" from fruits as fructose is VERY slow.

Some fruits are glucose mainly (e.g. grapes).

It was more the question of "are glucose tabs more effective than other sugar sources?" that made me wonder. It seemed as if you didn't know it was dextrose and that dextrose powder is the same exact thing. You're right in that sugars differ in their effects on the stomach for example. I prefer malto over dextrose. But in essence all my examples raise blood sugar quickly and may be used with insulin.

Vitargo is great when going hypo. Why would you say it isn't? It raises BG very quickly and will bring you back.
I said nothing about the value of nutrient timing.

As far as glucose meters, I would say they are pretty much useless in the hands of the average meathead. Sure, you can see if you're hypo- or hyperglycemic but if you don't know how to use it you won't know if your BG is currently moving up or is still going down. You really need to know quite a bit if it's going to be a useful tool.

I didn't mean any offense, it's just that some questions by "vets" surprise me. But OTOH you don't need to know much to be a fantastic bodybuilder. You think Ronnie Coleman or most pros know about these things in detail? I don't. :D

I am diabetic and have a bachelors in nutrition.I work primarily as a chiropractor ,but still do some diabetic education now and then.

You "don't need to know much to be a fantastic bodybuilder" true, BUT you do when giving advice on pharmaceuticals and conditons that can be LIFE THREATENING.

I really don't want to argue with anyone but safety and proper education/information should be given on such topics.

Just to clear it up a dextrose tabs or powder is the absolute fastest way to raise blood glucose which is important to know in an emergency.They are NOT JUST FOR CONVENIENCE as someone stated.

There is some simple sugar in fruits other than fructose but issues such as the fiber and breakdown cause them to be much slower acting and not ideal.

Someone mentioned orange juice being best .Well in diabetic education classes you would be surprised how little people know about nutrition as some don't even know what is a carb,protein etc...So a common example to give when teaching is reach for sugar in an emergency and O.J. ,candy,gatorade etc... are all given as examples to people that are poorly educated.

And as I have stated numerous times and the only one grasping it is Concretguy.Dextrose replenishes muscle glycogen primarily and other tissue secondarily and much quicker.

Fructose primarily relpenishes liver glycogen.Which is more important in bodybuilding??

Now if you don't use insulin and have a decent intake of carbs even fruit you will have plenty of muscle glycogen and it won't be an issue.But many are asking what is best with INSULIN? it is dextrose.What is quickest when going hypo? dextrose ,will others work? yes ,but dextrose is optimal.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws