over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Fat boy offseason pics

BabyBeast05

Featured Member
So its been about 14 weeks since I competed at the USA's so I thought I'd throw up some progress pics. I've been using mountaindog's training program since the show and I think it really helped me add some size to my upper body, legs are still lagging behind and its not due to lack of effort! Still working with Shelby and am happy with the way the offseason has been going. I'm not one of those guys who stay lean year round, just don't have the genetics for that. If I'm not starving I don't have abs, yea it sucks but gotta work with what God gave me

Last edited:
Getting bigger for sure. Keep up the great work and dont worry too much about staying very lean right now. There are a lot of people who are not blessed with the genetics that your referring too

Nonetheless, it looks like you are doing great

Getting bigger for sure. Keep up the great work and dont worry too much about staying very lean right now. There are a lot of people who are not blessed with the genetics that your referring too

Nonetheless, it looks like you are doing great

Thanks bro, I'm busting my ass in the weight room, eating has been the hardest part for me

You are def putting on some size. Arms look great..keep up the great work brother

Your legs look good from the front, a little behind your upper but still very good. Where the problem seems to lie is your leg thickness from the side, mainly your ham thicknes (which has been a weakness for me as well). Once you get that up with your tiny waist, you're going to look cartoonish haha. Great progress BB!

I always hate it when the guys sitting at around %10 call themselves fat LOL

Well

You need bigger legs to compete at a national level.....bigger chest....bigger calvs.....thicker lats........ lets bring those up man......I have never see this much fat around your waist so if you force feed any more thats your call ,but I know what will happen........it will just get worse

looking pretty huge. back looks great. what show is next for you?

Confronting your weaknesses head on is the best thing you can do.

The real fucked thing about competing is that you cant hide any weakness... The world is watching....

Prioritize your most lagging bodyparts and stay on course as a competitor...Dont go too much up, just to come down, if you know what i mean..

I know you dont really know me to well bro... your a lot younger than me so i feel its appropriate to give you some fatherly advise... but i have been there, done that.. Also I have done the USA twice myself and went from 6th to 1st in a year..

It was a dream come true to be honest bro..

but i was committed to my plan 24/7... Treat your off season with all seriousness...:)

Last edited:
You need bigger legs to compete at a national level.....bigger chest....bigger calvs.....thicker lats........ lets bring those up man......I have never see this much fat around your waist so if you force feed any more thats your call ,but I know what will happen........it will just get worse

I completely agree with you Phil, my legs are very thin, especially from behind but trust me I'm killing them in the gym. Any advice? I've been following Mountaindog's training since the show but am almost done with it so any advice you can give would be greatly appreciated. Calves I hit twice a week hard and heavy. Backs my absolute favorite body part to train so I always kill it. I thought my chest matched pretty well although I know I need more upper development. The waist thing I think is more genetic than anything as every man in my family with my last name have HUGE guts, granted its their lifestyles as well but I do think genetics play a part in where you store most of your BF. As far as the eating goes I just do as Shelby tells me too and honestly as I've told Shelby I cant eat all the food he wants me too. I'm also not doing any cardio so maybe that should change but honestly being a full time college student and working a full time job I barely have the time too. Any advise you can give Phil I would appeciate.

Confronting your weaknesses head on is the best thing you can do.

The real fucked thing about competing is that you cant hide any weakness... The world is watching....

Prioritize your most lagging bodyparts and stay on course as a competitor...Dont go too much up, just to come down, if you know what i mean..

I know you dont really know me to well bro... your a lot younger than me so i feel its appropriate to give you some fatherly advise... but i have been there, done that.. Also I have done the USA twice myself and went from 6th to 1st in a year..

It was a dream come true to be honest bro..

but i was committed to my plan 24/7... Treat your off season with all seriousness...:)

Thanks for the advise Alex, and I hear you about the 24/7 committment and I'm honestly not there yet. I try as hard as I can, but as I said eariler with school and work it is very hard along with all the other distractions any 23 year old would face. Excuses excuses I know. I won't do the USA's again until 2012 most probably so hopefully I'll do much better then

looking pretty huge. back looks great. what show is next for you?

Either the Greater Gulf States in New Orleans Louisiana or the Louisiana State Championships in Lafayette Louisiana. Or both

Well

Alex and I will not step on Shelbys toes....he is your trainer........we are just here for friendly observations..your a good guy, you have a tiny waist....great genetics also.....I understand about school.......tough times I remember!

You look amazing,especially that tiny waist.

If you are hitting your calves hard, take a look at this: The Stick - Relief For Muscle Pain, Soreness and Injury

It will break up any adhesions on the muscles or fascia and allow your muscles to grow faster. It isn'tfun but it works.

That thing is torture! lol I used to use that stick all the time when I worked at another training facility where we had them. Now I just use foam rollers when I have the time, still painful on sore/tight legs!

Alex and I will not step on Shelbys toes....he is your trainer........we are just here for friendly observations..your a good guy, you have a tiny waist....great genetics also.....I understand about school.......tough times I remember!

Well any advise on how to bring my legs up? I've always trained low volume with heavy weights. John's training is the highest volume I've used in a while and I actually like it. In two weeks when I'm done with his program my plan was to still attack legs with a high volume approach but even higher volume than I've been doing with John's training. Maybe even hit ham's twice a week since their lagging so far behind

Well

Well any advise on how to bring my legs up? I've always trained low volume with heavy weights. John's training is the highest volume I've used in a while and I actually like it. In two weeks when I'm done with his program my plan was to still attack legs with a high volume approach but even higher volume than I've been doing with John's training. Maybe even hit ham's twice a week since their lagging so far behind

There is nothing that defnes low or high volume.....its all relative.....find what type of twitcher you are then take advantage of it.......its just listening to your body while training and figuring out where to go...do not lock yourself into a world of high OR low volume.

Looking good bro , deffinatly getting bigger.

They are having a show in Slidell this year , May 28 probably gonna be smaller but might be somthing look at if your board:D a friend of mine and his girlfrined are putting it on.

Good luck if you do Greater Gulf , I refuse to go back their (even to watch)and support that prick again. Biloxi had an AWSOME show this year , very very well run and its the end of July

There is nothing that defnes low or high volume.....its all relative.....find what type of twitcher you are then take advantage of it.......its just listening to your body while training and figuring out where to go...do not lock yourself into a world of high OR low volume.

Thanks Phil, will do!

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost