over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

tap water filtering option

wasp

Kilo Klub Member
well, i lost my house, i did have a kenmore undersink 2 stage filter system that worked well, but in this pos apt i'm only in until april 1st i'm not bothering to install one, so................its either the jug you fill up and put in fridge,or, a faucet mounted deal..............what would you guys recommend? i've been drinking tap for 2 months and its really getting old :(

Table top distiller

mmm, they seem expensive

I'd find a local water store, get glass bottles and a ceramic dispenser. I pay $0.50 a gallon. Best water I've ever drank.

I gotta regular Brita filter....kinda expensive at first, but not compared to say bottled water.

I'd find a local water store, get glass bottles and a ceramic dispenser. I pay $0.50 a gallon. Best water I've ever drank.

why glass bottles? and what the hell is a local water store?

I gotta regular Brita filter....kinda expensive at first, but not compared to say bottled water.

yeah, i grabbed the brita ff-100................$24 on ebay, cheap and effective

reverse osmosis is what i do, it about 50 cents a gallon
99.9% pure water!
most grocery stores now have a dispenser you can refill you bottles at.

i bought a water cooler from home-depot, and a couple 5 gallon jugs.. the best 120 bucks i spent!

why glass bottles? and what the hell is a local water store?

I prefer glass because the only bottles available that are 5-6 gallon are #7 plastic that contain Bisphenol-A which can leach into the water. I try to limit exposure to any plastic products that are contaminated with phalates or BPA.

A local water store is just that, a local water store. I don't know where you live, but here in Southern California there are businesses that sell highly purified water and all the accessories to consume their water. The one I buy from has reverse osmosis water that goes through seven stages of filtration. They also sell distilled water.

It's better than buying from Costco or any other store that has bottled water because I don't have to wonder if the pallet of water was left in the sun on some loading dock all day. When this happens the sunlight will leach all those plastic chemicals into the water. Not my idea of pure water.

I'm pretty freakin' picky about the water I drink. :eek:

Last edited:
I just buy purified water from local grocer, 10gal for $10. I know it just to hold you until April but you gotta do something other than drink tap water lol. I would not suggest drinking tap water if you live near any major city. But thats just my opinion... :eek:

yeah, i grabbed the brita ff-100................$24 on ebay, cheap and effective

Two things I'd check is whether it removes most, if not all, of the chlorine and fluoride from the water.

I also like this shower filter. **broken link removed**

Geeeez

All the stuff we put into our bodies and ya'll are worried about tap water? IMHO you have strange priorities. I hope the UG are 1/2 as concerned about tap water. :eek:

I prefer glass because the only bottles available that are 5-6 gallon are #7 plastic that contain Bisphenol-A which can leach into the water. I try to limit exposure to any plastic products that are contaminated with phalates or BPA.

A local water store is just that, a local water store. I don't know where you live, but here in Southern California there are businesses that sell highly purified water and all the accessories to consume their water. The one I buy from has reverse osmosis water that goes through seven stages of filtration. They also sell distilled water.

It's better than buying from Costco or any other store that has bottled water because I don't have to wonder if the pallet of water was left in the sun on some loading dock all day. When this happens the sunlight will leach all those plastic chemicals into the water. Not my idea of pure water.

i just use dasani litres, no idea what they leach, but i've read testing is inconclusive on plastic leaching

I just buy purified water from local grocer, 10gal for $10. I know it just to hold you until April but you gotta do something other than drink tap water lol. I would not suggest drinking tap water if you live near any major city. But thats just my opinion... :eek:

nope, 2 hours north of nyc

Two things I'd check is whether it removes most, if not all, of the chlorine and fluoride from the water.

I also like this shower filter. **broken link removed**

says it removes this, but not fluoride

* 99.00% of Chlorine
* 99.90% of Particulates (Class I)
* 98.70% of Lead at pH 6.5
* 99.30% of Lead at pH 8.4
* 96.90% of Benzene
* 99.90% of Chlorobenzene
* 99.90% of o-Dichlorobenzene
* 99.90% of Ethylbenzene
* 97.00% of Tetrachloroethene
* 96.9% of Carbon Tetrachloride
* 95.00% of Heptachlor Epoxide
* 99.90% of Toluene
* 99.50% of Trichloroethene
* 98.90% of TTHM
* 99.80% of VOCs
* 99.90% of Asbestos
* 99.99% of Cysts
* 99.70% of 2,4-D
* 98.80% of Alachlor
* 76.20% of Atrazine
* 90.60% of Carbofuran
* 96.70% of Carbon Tetrachloride
* 98.00% of Chlordane
* 99.00% of Endrin
* 98.90% of Lindane
* 97.00% of Methoxychlor
* 98.00% of Simazine
* 99.90% of Styrene
* 87.50% of Toxaphene
* 99.10% of Turbidity
* The 42201 does not remove fluoride

All the stuff we put into our bodies and ya'll are worried about tap water? IMHO you have strange priorities. I hope the UG are 1/2 as concerned about tap water. :eek:

it tastes like ass more than anything

I think California is a pretty special case as far as "local water" stores go. You guys have Yosemite, Calistoga, and a bunch of different resources of water that are generally viewed as being high-quality. Most other places won't have a nearly big enough market to make a local-water business at all lucrative.

I think California is a pretty special case as far as "local water" stores go. You guys have Yosemite, Calistoga, and a bunch of different resources of water that are generally viewed as being high-quality. Most other places won't have a nearly big enough market to make a local-water business at all lucrative.

Definitely, bro. Southern California has really good soil, lots of sunshine and it's about 75 degrees year round. So they had to maximize the water supply to take advantage of the hugely profitable agricultural business here.

Last edited:
yeah, nothing like that in upstate ny

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner