over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

shoulder injury = more leg time

GRAVESY

Registered
Shoulder has been bothering me for about a month. Went to the Dr. the other day and it looks like it is going to be an AC related prblm. Got an xray, just waiting to hear back, not sure if they are going to send for an MRI or not.

Sucks cause, Worksout have been really clicking lately aside fro the pain, but was working some what around it.

So if it is just some serious flare up or some actuall damage going to have to take some time of things that involve the shoulder joint, which eliminates a good chunk of stuff, mainly the whole upper half. Sure i will be able to get away with an iso tri and bi here and there. and some hyperextension and abs of course.

STill love getting in the gym door. Looks like it will be cardio and legs for a bit.

What would be the best way for legs. Should I keep it the same, Quad/Ham/Calf all in one and 2xwk (reg reps, or a hypertrophy/power split) with that or split to Quad/Calves Ham/Calves. and throw in a ab/hyperEx day.

since i am going to have all this time to focus on legs, dont want to over train them and make no progress.

also toning my calories down on the cardio/off day that i will have more of.

Never done really anything twice a week. and my legs have the worst DOMS.

Last edited:
i know where you're commin from bro. had shoulder surgery not too long ago and only thing i've been able to do for a while is legs and my right arm. what i started doing was one day of light/dynamic work then another day of heavy lifting or lighter weight to failure. i've actualy put well over 1 in. on my legs since june when i had my surgery lol.
if you're able to keep use of your injured arm then keep doing lunges and anything else you can with dumbells (i just gained this capability 3 weeks ago), since i don't have the flexability in my shoulder to squat yet i've had to get creative with what exercises can be done with dumbells, bands, and machines.
hope that helps some and good luck with your shoulder,
Walker

thanks

Have you ever tried Smith machine squats. Get it on your shoulder and just use your good arm to unrack and rack?

got a call late last night. Looks like I did not doing anything structurally. So PT hopefully will help out, and that will be as far as it needs to go. It is a not a small sprain by anymeans, prbly good i did not try to work past it, then i would have been looking at surgry.

Really want to hire someone for 11' to get things popping, and want to have my shoulder not be an issue. So slow and steady fro this race.

yea, i tried smith machine back and front squats but had trouble with that. since i like using a low bar possition the bar kept sliding off my back and i just could'nt manage anything holding it up front lol
thats great news you don't need surgery. just remember that shoulder rehab is like an investment; put a little into it every day, be patient, let it grow and in the end the pay off will be big.

thanks

Have you ever tried Smith machine squats. Get it on your shoulder and just use your good arm to unrack and rack?

got a call late last night. Looks like I did not doing anything structurally. So PT hopefully will help out, and that will be as far as it needs to go. It is a not a small sprain by anymeans, prbly good i did not try to work past it, then i would have been looking at surgry.

Really want to hire someone for 11' to get things popping, and want to have my shoulder not be an issue. So slow and steady fro this race.

yes!!!!!

i was squating in the smith....3 days after my pec tear:eek:
(couldnt get my arm up high enough for reg sqts)

however, i have since been squating normally

Just back from my first meeting with my PT(good guy).

Well at least now I can say that it is not a rotator cuff injury, he said mine were strong. Not and AC injury like the doc had thought, thou there might be some inflamation with it out of compensation or what not.

It is an issue with the Labrum. Pasted all the other manipulation stuff with flying colors and only little discomfort. But when he progressed to the test for the labrum, let me tell you, I failed horribly. To the point where after holding my arm in a certian way, he then had me fight the pressure, afterward i can not even hold it up anymore, like wtf. had to use my other hand to kinda prop it up and get it back in position to try with the hand turned in another dirction.

my humurus is sagging, wtf, lol

Incase you are wondering what the labrum is.

The shoulder joint is a ball and socket joint, similar to the hip; however, the socket of the shoulder joint is extremely shallow, and thus inherently unstable. This means that the bones of the shoulder are not held in place adequately, and therefore extra support is needed.
To compensate for the shallow socket, the shoulder joint has a cuff of cartilage called a labrum that forms a cup for the end of the arm bone (humerus) to move within. The labrum circles the shallow shoulder socket (the glenoid) to make the socket deeper. This cuff of cartilage makes the shoulder joint much more stable, and allows for a very wide range of movements (in fact, the range of movements your shoulder can make far exceeds any other joint in the body).

compared the labrum injury to that of a meniscus injury (knee cartilage).

not much to do with it, but hopefully stablise the area.
He was very impressed with the flexability in my shoulders, and i have always had great flex in the shoulder and he said that over stretching it by being in a normally unstable positin over time from growing up could have helped contribute to it. The reason that i never felt unstabel or comprmised was due to the flexability and ease to get into aht position where others would be in some form of discomfort.

Good news is he said i can work the back. told him i was now doing legs x2wk and said if anything do back back back, lol. just dont start off heavey for now.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Elisaac062224
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws