YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Is Test keeping many from the sharp conditioning of the "old school" BB?

sarcoplasm

Registered
To the best of my knowledge test was not a staple back then as it is today and I feel that the sharp dry look of the 70-80,s was due to the use of non aromatizers such as anavar and deca.
Interestingly many women bbder's today seem to have a sharper dry look than most male bbder's. They do not use test like their male counterparts. Could deca or tren be used as a base today? I'm curious what the vets have to say. Thanks for your input

To the best of my knowledge test was not a staple back then as it is today and I feel that the sharp dry look of the 70-80,s was due to the use of non aromatizers such as anavar and deca.
Interestingly many women bbder's today seem to have a sharper dry look than most male bbder's. They do not use test like their male counterparts. Could deca or tren be used as a base today? I'm curious what the vets have to say. Thanks for your input

i think your logic is slightly skeewed

anyway i know some woman, who take more test than men i know

i think its due to siln and gh abuse
and the whole general "the more is better" thing thats going on today

:cool:

i think many different variables are at play.. estro management is much of it.. many still, to this day, think anti e's will hinder gains.. so in turn many use a abundance of test and even while prepping for the shows dont control estrogen.. the end result is a watery, "fat" look ..

as tenny said the use of slin , by many without proper knowledge of timing ect, has much to dow it it also..

I know Franco Columbu has remarked that the reason for the drastic change in physiques from his time in the 70's and the look of the 90's was due to GH, insulin and relatively large doses of test.

He stated that most bodybuilders during the 70's used a fraction of the test that was commonly used during the 90's.

I think it was FLEX magazine where I read that.

Last edited:
I think alot of the difference in test usage is that more information is available today. 20 years ago I remember hearing that test is the "dirty"drug with bad sides and winstrol and deca were the cleaner drugs. Now most of us realize that test is probably way safer , at reasonable dosages. Afterall most of the sides of test(estrogen bloat, acne and hairloss) can be are not life threatening . Winstrol is probably far worse due to negative impact on hdl and deca has been shown to cause more damage to arteries and is much harder to recover from. Test on the other hand , and again at sane amounts, makes you feel better and with the addition of antiestrogens much of the sides can be avoided.

I'd say lower body conditioning is much better nowadays.

Not that that has anything to do with test though.

Probably has more to do with guys just having more muscular legs nowadays.

I think cameras are alot better nowadays, which may be causing some of the perceived discrepancy.

an HD auto-focused digital camera will capture some things to an unflattering level of detail.

I think it may have to do with the Off seasons where todays pro but on 50plus pounds but i remrber lee haney talking how he would stay with in 10lbs of contest weight

i think your logic is slightly skeewed

anyway i know some woman, who take more test than men i know

that sure is the truth!! it reminded me of a thread on here with SCARY pics of women who clearly abuse testosterone, i wish i could find the link to it

that sure is the truth!! it reminded me of a thread on here with SCARY pics of women who clearly abuse testosterone, i wish i could find the link to it
NO, Please don't. We don't need yet another thread on the boards bashing female BB'rs.

umm i can say that as i dropped test out earlier this year (4 wks out) and upped my AI earlier too, and noticed a huge difference right away from my previous conditioning. Don't know if its that or what or if its even necessary to look really dry a few wks out, but to answer the OP I would say yes, a little bit.

It's about standards and drugs IMO.

Today's guys in the NPC are required to display a certain level of conditioning to turn pro. When they turn pro, they seem to be more concerned with gaining that last 5-10lbs of on stage muscle than losing that last 5-10lbs of fat. If you look at the IFBB World Amateur Championships, the BB's from other countries look freaky shredded... but they probably use the same drugs the guys in the US take. They just seem more dedicated to conditioning than our boys... AND they have to "piss clean"... so when you have minimal amounts of gear in your system after mega-dosing, you're probably holding less water...which is why a lot of the natty guys look super striated (but small).

I would chalk it up to determination and choice of drugs.

I disagree with whole premise. The pro's today are more conditioned than the 70's. It's not even close. Back then you had to be ripped... Now it's a completely different level. And I don't think it has anything to do with drugs; it's just the game evolved. A few guys came around with insane conditioning such as Gaspari, and the bar was raised.

NO, Please don't. We don't need yet another thread on the boards bashing female BB'rs.

ha ha ha, female is a loose term for some of these "ladies" :eek:

I disagree with whole premise. The pro's today are more conditioned than the 70's. It's not even close. Back then you had to be ripped... Now it's a completely different level. And I don't think it has anything to do with drugs; it's just the game evolved. A few guys came around with insane conditioning such as Gaspari, and the bar was raised.

As far as glutes and lower back and quad striations yes but in terms of overall sharpness and cripsy clear lines I dissagree tremendously

Google Image Result for https://velocity.t-nation.com/forum_images/8/a/8a553-3009c-serge_nubret.jpg

Hows this for sharpness

Last edited:
I was at the CVS today picking up some stuff and walked by the magazine section. I forget what muscle mag it was but on the front cover was Arnold in the 70's. His chest and arms looked freakin amazing. THAT's what I think of when I picture a perfect BB physique. He wasn't ridiculously shredded nor bloated. Just balanced. His legs looked a bit out of proportion but damn, pretty close to perfection in my mind.

I was at the CVS today picking up some stuff and walked by the magazine section. I forget what muscle mag it was but on the front cover was Arnold in the 70's. His chest and arms looked freakin amazing. THAT's what I think of when I picture a perfect BB physique. He wasn't ridiculously shredded nor bloated. Just balanced. His legs looked a bit out of proportion but damn, pretty close to perfection in my mind.

lmaoooo

every single cover of ANY "muscle mag" is shopped

:(

lmaoooo

every single cover of ANY "muscle mag" is shopped

:(

They photoshopped a pic of Arnold from the 70's? But I've seen these same photos before they invented photoshop? So....

I would agree that the current photos taken of modern BB's may be modified, but as I mentioned, this isn't a ridiculously huge/ripped picture.

Sure testosterone at an anabolic dosage ruins quality of the physique but it's symple to avoid I quit all test 4-6 weeks before competion, add halo and var and keep use tren low dose still one week out don't loss any muscle but definition and overall condition change drammatically

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member