YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

O/T Personal Truck or SUV reviews please.

Tyrone

Moderator/Featured Member/ Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I haven't had to vehicle search in YEARS, so I'm out of the loop a bit.

-I'm looking for the most reliable model that has at least 4 doors(Does not have to be new).

-Kids will be on the way at some point so the 4 door thing is a must.

-I have two good sized killer dogs that need room away from driver/potential child....We enjoy taking them out to Dog Beach/other places but want them safe as well.

-I figure any similar vehicle should include 4 wheel drive.

-Hummer is prob. out of the equation due to gas mileage.

-Safety is a must obviously for all.

Just looking for suggestions(Pro/Cons) on individual models.

Thanks guys!!

had a yukon xl fro almost 9 yrs and 257,000 miles. loved it very few things wrong besides normal wear and tear for those miles (seeing the drive shaft come off on the expressway doing 85 mph was priceless). i beat the piss out of it hunting, 3 dead deer in back after taking out the seat, 8 dogs, 3 deer on roof (not all at same time:p!), hauling 2 4 wheelers, etc. gas mileage about 16 mpg

only reason i didn't buy a new one was because GM was bailed out by the uncle sugar.

now have a supercab F-150 and love it even more. hope it treats me as well.

Hey Ty

All i can tell ya is I have an 02 Fourrunner and I LOVE it this is my second toyota and my first one had 249000 miles on it and nothing went wrong, My 4runner only has 150000 on it but its still mint and runs great, the reliability of them is what I love besides they run great and look good and have plenty of room and gas mileage ain't too bad.

Just bought a 2011 Acura MDX.

I test drove everything from a Ford Edge to a Porsche Cayenne Turbo. My priorities where all-wheel drive, child safety, power, performance, and value.

Thanks guys.

All i can tell ya is I have an 02 Fourrunner and I LOVE it this is my second toyota and my first one had 249000 miles on it and nothing went wrong, My 4runner only has 150000 on it but its still mint and runs great, the reliability of them is what I love besides they run great and look good and have plenty of room and gas mileage ain't too bad.
I always did love a 4runner...even over a decade ago...The thing could climb like a beast even in a 2 wheel drive setting.
Just bought a 2011 Acura MDX.

I test drove everything from a Ford Edge to a Porsche Cayenne Turbo. My priorities where all-wheel drive, child safety, power, performance, and value.

Thanks, Ness. I'll have to look into those models some more now.

A couple of others that spark my interest are 4 door pick up trucks...Nissan, Toyota, or anything reliable and durable with quality specs.

had a yukon xl fro almost 9 yrs and 257,000 miles. loved it very few things wrong besides normal wear and tear for those miles (seeing the drive shaft come off on the expressway doing 85 mph was priceless). i beat the piss out of it hunting, 3 dead deer in back after taking out the seat, 8 dogs, 3 deer on roof (not all at same time:p!), hauling 2 4 wheelers, etc. gas mileage about 16 mpg

only reason i didn't buy a new one was because GM was bailed out by the uncle sugar.

now have a supercab F-150 and love it even more. hope it treats me as well.

Although a bit scarry, that's impressive lol

New body style Toyota Tundra, I think 2008 was the first year of this new body style, the Tundra before the new body style is not nearly as good.

This New Tundra has an amazing 5.7 liter V8, 4 doors, the interior is very spacious, it drives amazing. I have had Ford trucks and Chevrolet trucks before and they cant hold a candle to the Tundra. Its the best full size truck ever made.

The power from the motor is incredible, instant throttle response, Toyota makes a factory supercharger for it that raises the horsepower to 500hp and retains factory warranty. The stock V8 has around 380hp and its plenty, its so easy to overtake other cars on the road.

I drove a 4-Runner for years and loved that truck. Built super tight and not one issue, ever.

Ty

ANY toyo or nissan is gonna be your best bet

as much as i LOOOOOVVVVEEEEE the USA
we cant make cars for shit (nowadays)

50 years ago......HELL YEA!!!!!

its been downhill for american cars since the 80s:(

the ONLY ones i would consider, would be
Ford or Dodge pick-ups.....NOT the SUV counterpart

good luck with the decision

:)

New body style Toyota Tundra, I think 2008 was the first year of this new body style, the Tundra before the new body style is not nearly as good.

This New Tundra has an amazing 5.7 liter V8, 4 doors, the interior is very spacious, it drives amazing. I have had Ford trucks and Chevrolet trucks before and they cant hold a candle to the Tundra. Its the best full size truck ever made.

The power from the motor is incredible, instant throttle response, Toyota makes a factory supercharger for it that raises the horsepower to 500hp and retains factory warranty. The stock V8 has around 380hp and its plenty, its so easy to overtake other cars on the road.

My friend has a Tundra and he has 2 HUGE labs, They love the Roll down back window! Great at the beach....

Ty

I agree about the dodge and Ford SUV's. My fiancee has an Expedition and we are constantly having problems with it. My friend has a new durango and added the extra power chip and changed up and upgraded the exaust...It has totally messed up the vehicle and he is always bitching about it. I am a GM/Chevy guy as my grandfather spent 35 yrs working on the line in Detroit. I love my Tahoe and had 2 Avalanche Z71's that were my favorites.

Check out the Toyota Sequoia; it has the same engine as the Tundra and is basically identical in body except it is an SUV. My wife had a couple of 4-Runner's and lately switched to a 2008 Sequoia because we needed more room for the kids(have 2, age 2 and 6). She is very happy with it although she would have preferred the Land Cruiser(wasn't in our price range).

i got a gmc yukon slt in 05, i now have over 100k miles on it with no problems,
plan on keeping it a couple more years.

A couple of others that spark my interest are 4 door pick up trucks...Nissan, Toyota, or anything reliable and durable with quality specs.

I know a couple of people that have a Nissan Xterra, both love them and plan on maybe getting a newer one when the time comes. If you wanted a bigger body, Nissan, has two more, the Pathfinder and Armada.

GMC Yukon Denali's look real nice.

Foreign truck would be Toyota

Domestic truck would be Ford

I was in the building trade and had great service and reliability from both.

My favorite SUV was a Ford Excursion 4x4 diesel i bought in 2000. Drove that until the wheels fell off 200k. With the diesel got 18 mpg on the road. Ford stopped production in 2006 but you can pick up a used one at a good number.

Stay away from the v-10 unless you own a gas station!

Ty, I guess it's what your looking for in looks and power...I have a '03 Ford Expedition, my son has a '03 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad cab and my daughter drives a '08 Tahoe. All 3 are great and dependable vehicles. My wife wants me to trade mine in and get a Cadillac Escalade. :)

Last edited:
Ty, I guess it's what your looking for in looks and power...I have a '03 Ford Expedition, my son has a '03 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad cab and my daughter drives a '08 Tahoe. All 3 are great and dependable vehicles. My wife wants me to trade mine in and get a Cadillac Escalade. :)

Actually, Stump...I don't know what I'm looking for. I thought I'd hit up the PM family for suggestions and I truly appreciate yours.

I may be looking at a 4-door pick up truck now. Once my beasts(dogs) go swimming in the ocean, they stink up the car. I know they have those leashes for dogs to center them in the truck bed.

I don't necessarily need absolute power but, a man like me would love it:D:eek:
I just wouldn't want a 2-wheel drive as opposed to a 4-wheel drive if I'm getting a truck, ya know...

I pretty much need one that's reliable, 4wd, 4-door and safe...If it happens to be an SUV, cool...I have an actual police guard(don't know what it's called) to keep the dogs in the back in once installed.

My dogs are nuts and the potential baby on the way would need protection lol.

Foreign truck would be Toyota

Domestic truck would be Ford

I was in the building trade and had great service and reliability from both.

My favorite SUV was a Ford Excursion 4x4 diesel i bought in 2000. Drove that until the wheels fell off 200k. With the diesel got 18 mpg on the road. Ford stopped production in 2006 but you can pick up a used one at a good number.

Stay away from the v-10 unless you own a gas station!

I know a couple of people that have a Nissan Xterra, both love them and plan on maybe getting a newer one when the time comes. If you wanted a bigger body, Nissan, has two more, the Pathfinder and Armada.

GMC Yukon Denali's look real nice.

i got a gmc yukon slt in 05, i now have over 100k miles on it with no problems,
plan on keeping it a couple more years.

Check out the Toyota Sequoia; it has the same engine as the Tundra and is basically identical in body except it is an SUV. My wife had a couple of 4-Runner's and lately switched to a 2008 Sequoia because we needed more room for the kids(have 2, age 2 and 6). She is very happy with it although she would have preferred the Land Cruiser(wasn't in our price range).

My friend has a Tundra and he has 2 HUGE labs, They love the Roll down back window! Great at the beach....

I agree about the dodge and Ford SUV's. My fiancee has an Expedition and we are constantly having problems with it. My friend has a new durango and added the extra power chip and changed up and upgraded the exaust...It has totally messed up the vehicle and he is always bitching about it. I am a GM/Chevy guy as my grandfather spent 35 yrs working on the line in Detroit. I love my Tahoe and had 2 Avalanche Z71's that were my favorites.

Chevy tahoe ltz

Ty

I drove a 4-Runner for years and loved that truck. Built super tight and not one issue, ever.

I thank you all very much for all the tips and suggestions!!

Keep em comming if you want...I'm trying to get my girl to go test driving multiple vehicles today.:)

I drive a Adrenaline model Ford sport trac and love it. Its at 53k annd I have had zero problems. Although I do like the Tundra alot...

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws