over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

"Friend" Accusing me of something i did not do. Going to COURT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Analog

Registered
So here is a scenario that i need help with as i am not to familiar with the Judicial system.

So a few weeks ago there was a party at my house (I have 12 roommates, yes i know that is a lot but we are all friends... So i thought)

Anyway, so at this party someone jumped or stood on the back of one of my roomates soft top of his jeep. It bent this bar ever so slightly but obviously he wants it fixed. He also wants to go through the dealership which will be about $1500 for a brand new soft top. I think he wants to go through the dealer so he can get a brand new top because his current one is battered and he just wants the easy way out. Now keep in mind the owner of the jeep was not around the house the weekend his jeep was damaged.

When he got back and noticed the damaged he asked a friend of mine if he saw anything in which my friend said he didn't see anything but he may have seen "ME" touching it that night...

The next day i get a phone call from the jeep owners parents flipping out on me, cursing and threatening me saying that i need to fix the jeep or they are going to have me arrested for criminal mischief... Now i honestly did not do anything to his jeep but i think that the only reason he thinks its me is because my name was mentioned by 1 other person and that i used to mess around with his gf... SO i think he just doesnt like me.

I told his parents that i had nothing to do with it and im not paying for anything. However i did offer the name of a shop that deals with metal fabrication and that they could fix it.. You may ask why did i offer to help fix it if i didnt do it and my answer is because we all live in the same house and i was just trying to be nice. I am very car savy and have alot of connections with auto repair shops and just wanted to help because i to would be mad if something went wrong with my car.

The next day i wake up to the cops knocking on my door. They asked me "so tell me whats going on with "so and so's" vehicle" I replied honestly i have no idea. I did not do anything to his car at all. I have no idea why he thinks its me. The cop then said "well why would you offer to help him fix it if you didnt do anything?" and i said "because we are all friends in this house and i have alot of conenctions with shops."
The cop then said "Well how come we have 2 other people saying that they saw you do it?"
I then replied "I have no idea, i am going to have to call bs on that because i did not do anything"(I think they just said that to get me to admit to it)

My one very very good friend was looking outside the window ever since the cop drove up and he said that the cop did NOT talk to anyone in the house except for the owner of the jeep and he was just bullshitting me about people saying stuff.

I then told the cop 'I do not know what to do from here as for i didnt do anything..."
Cop said "ok so you want to stick with the you didnt do anything story?"
I then said "yes"
Cop said "ok well we will be sending you the court papers in the mail and do you realize that if you are found guilty you will be fingerprinted and you will have a record and you will still have to pay the fines?"
I then said "ok, i guess i realize that but i didnt do anything wrong so i guess i have no choice but to see him in court..."

That was that..

I then spoke to my friend who accidentally said to the jeep owner that he saw me near the jeep. He said that the jeep owner was calling him NON stop 10 times a day for a week to try and get him to testify against me in court.
Now keep in mind the person that i called is one of my best friends who i have known for years and hates cops and would NEVER get involed with anything he didnt have to. He told the jeep owner as well as myself that he was staying out of it and that it was between me and the jeep owner.

Now to benefit my side i have my girlfriend who was with me the entire night. She said she will come to court with me and say that she didnt see me do anything and that she gets jealous easily and didnt leave my side the entire night in fear that another girl might hit on me.

So basically im going to court. It will be the jeep owner by himself, and me and my girlfriend.

Now this is just ridiculous. There is no video evidence or anything. There is no proof i did anything. It was just hear say by one person who wants nothing to do with the situation.

what exactly do you guys recommend i do. I do not have money for a lawyer. I mean i honestly didnt do anything to this kids car.

All i know what to do is to go to court, have me and my gf say that i did not do anything... i mean what else should i do?

I do not want to get falsely accused. He has no witnesses to go with him and its just his word against mine and he wasnt ever there the day it happened. He is just going off of what someone else said.

Thanks alot for all input

WTF is up with all that spam.???

Ok so i got my Court Papers in the mail today..

Civil Action Hearing Notice

Person A
V
Person B

A civil Complaint has been filed against you in the above captioned case.

TO THE DEFENDANT: The above named paintiff(s) asks judjement against you for $1,622.44 together costs upon the following claim (Civil fines must include citation of the statute or ordinance violation):

The plaintiff then wrote in his own handwriting "Damage to the rear right side of my roof, on the night of xx/XX/XX. Eyewitness accounts and circumstantial evidence.

**OK so thats pretty much the papers that i got. His supposid "eyewitness's" would never go to court with him and testify against me. And they want nothing to do with the court hearing so its just me vs him. Also the circumstantial evidence part i am not to sure about.. Maybe when i told him that i know alot of car shops and that i would be willing to give him the name of a shop that could fix it might be the circumstantial evidence?

Again, i didnt do anything to his car and are stuck on what i should do.

Don't do or say anything once it becomes a legal matter. Get a lawyer.

You should be fine.
It's hearsay at this point.

I went to court with my brother over something similar.
Neighbor's cat would come sit on his car's hood and scratch the shit out of it.
Basically we would not have had a case but for the pictures of the cat sitting on his hood all the time and then pictures of claw marks that matched the cat.

Just saying someone saw you, and this someone does not come to court is not going to work - in my opinion.

Note: IANAL.

You should be fine.
It's hearsay at this point.

I went to court with my brother over something similar.
Neighbor's cat would come sit on his car's hood and scratch the shit out of it.
Basically we would not have had a case but for the pictures of the cat sitting on his hood all the time and then pictures of claw marks that matched the cat.

Just saying someone saw you, and this someone does not come to court is not going to work - in my opinion.

Note: IANAL.

Thanks man, Yea i would agree. It is pretty much hearsay. So i am basically thinking that as long as it is just him by himself and me with my girlfriend that it wont go anywhere...

Because i mean my car needs a new windshield. So couldn't I just smash it and then blame it on him and take him to court as well...? Doesnt make sense.

Ive been denying it since day one and will continue to. I mean i did offer to give him the number of a shop that could possibly fix it. I guess when i did that he thought i was sort of admitting to it.

But thanks for the input and i mean that. Just a little bit of reassurance is all i need. I still cant exactly afford a lawyer so i am not sure what to do on that note

Dont get a lawyer. They will cost more then the case if you lose. Then you gotta pay both. Sounds like he has no witness willing to testify and you have a witness on your behalf. This sounds like a small claims court and not a criminal offense

The burden of proof is on him.....he doesn't have any!!

yes i have a recommendation

get a fucking LIFE!!!

:cool:
Well now that's a very intelligent response...Your Mommy know you play with her computer...punk ass bitch:headbang:

Last edited:
The burden of proof is on him.....he doesn't have any!!
Exactly. He can take you to small claims court but he has to prove it was you...and with no credible witness and no physical proof its just "his assumption" that will not be enough to make a judge award him damages. Go to court and simply say it wasn't you and you don't know who did it. Don't go to court and the judge will then assume it was you.

Well now that's a very intelligent response...Your Mommy know you play with her computer...punk ass bitch:headbang:

lmao......equilily intelligent response

"12 roommates"

lol....like i said, get a fucking life

and you can too tough guy

:delete:

lmao......equilily intelligent response

"12 roommates"

lol....like i said, get a fucking life

and you can too tough guy

:delete:

Its called being in College, getting your masters, and living in a big house. Not to sure if you went there or not. And not to sure if you could afford to live in a house like i do, but with these pointless comments im gunna go ahead and say you dont and cant.

And Tenny. I would never normally do this.. But if i came up to you at your work tomorrow and introduced myself to you i think you would be very surprised with who i actually am. Its a VERY small world out there and i can guarantee you that. Just because you are on the internet is not really a good excuse for your pointless and rude comments. I would think again about what you say because you really would be surprised if i came up to you ;) just my .2 cents. But what do i know. Im just a College Student getting his masters and going somewhere in life. But if you have something productive to say then say it. Otherwise just shutup. And why the hell am i even typing something like this on the dam internet. Waste of time IMO. O yea, because i see you around. ALOT. ;) OTHERWISE i would not care to comment. Honestly it was very random that you out of all people on the board were to give me a pointless and not needed piece of advice. Never would expected that from you. But what i hear from people that went to your highschool you were an asshole just like you are now. K thanks bye

Last edited:
Exactly. He can take you to small claims court but he has to prove it was you...and with no credible witness and no physical proof its just "his assumption" that will not be enough to make a judge award him damages. Go to court and simply say it wasn't you and you don't know who did it. Don't go to court and the judge will then assume it was you.

Originally in his statement he said there were eyewitness accounts but later the only person that may have seen something doesnt want to get involved. So to him thats giving a false statement if he has no one with him. But again i am certain that i can win this but stupid things like going to court worry me so everyone's positive reassurance is what helps.

Do you think the judge will ask me questions like...
What was i doing that night at ___ Time
Was i drinking that night
bla bla bla

Its called being in College, getting your masters, and living in a big house. Not to sure if you went there or not. And not to sure if you could afford to live in a house like i do, but with these pointless comments im gunna go ahead and say you dont and cant.

And Tenny. I would never normally do this.. But if i came up to you at your work tomorrow and introduced myself to you i think you would be very surprised with who i actually am. Its a VERY small world out there and i can guarantee you that. Just because you are on the internet is not really a good excuse for your pointless and rude comments. I would think again about what you say because you really would be surprised if i came up to you ;) just my .2 cents. But what do i know. Im just a College Student getting his masters and going somewhere in life. But if you have something productive to say then say it. Otherwise just shutup. And why the hell am i even typing something like this on the dam internet. Waste of time IMO. O yea, because i see you around. ALOT. ;)

i'm sorry

all i can read of your post is the first three words
before i lose interest:(

why would anybody be even remotely interested in what you have to say
anyway......let alone AIRRING OUT your dirty laundry?????

this thread is pointless and doesnt belong here
so i voiced my opinion....

anything alse???

i'm sorry

all i can read of your post is the first three words
before i lose interest:(

why would anybody be even remotely interested in what you have to say
anyway......let alone AIRRING OUT your dirty laundry?????

this thread is pointless and doesnt belong here
so i voiced my opinion....

anything alse???

Your 33 with a wife, a daughter, and a son.
Grow the F up so that when your kids are older they dont grow up to be a jackass like you.

That is all.

Your 33 with a wife, a daughter, and a son.
Grow the F up so that when your kids are older they dont grow up to be a jackass like you.

That is all.

and????

:D

sometimes i like to say what i feel
sorry

i like to cause trouble sometimes too:eek:

calm down kiddo.....its the interwhips
dont get mad

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics