over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

new labs

ROCKEDUP

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
got this today.....everything looks pretty normal I think.....anything stand out? I'm 24. No AAS history.

total- 422 ng/dL (250-1100)
free- 102.7 pg/mL (35-155)
prolactin 12.69 ng/mL (2.64-13.13)
LH- 3.8 mIU/ml (1.2-8.6)
Cholesterol- 190

Cholesterol looks a little high... What's your hdl and LDL?

Yeah, 190 is high. I asked about his LDL/HDL to see if his ratio was okay. I worked on a cardiac step down unit for a while and saw several cases where the patient had bypass surgery and had consistent total cholesterol of 200. My dad had a triple bypass at 46 and his cholesterol was around 210.

I just asked because he is only 24. 190 may not be terrible now but 15-20 years down the road might be a different story.

I am no way arguing with you, I am just explaining my thoughts on the matter. My last cholesterol was 152 but my ratio was bad. My doc said he was on the fence about starting a med because of family history.

It's at least something to be aware of.

test could be a little higher IIRC your age range should be 500-750ish.

Yeah, 190 is high. I asked about his LDL/HDL to see if his ratio was okay. I worked on a cardiac step down unit for a while and saw several cases where the patient had bypass surgery and had consistent total cholesterol of 200. My dad had a triple bypass at 46 and his cholesterol was around 210.

I just asked because he is only 24. 190 may not be terrible now but 15-20 years down the road might be a different story.

I am no way arguing with you, I am just explaining my thoughts on the matter. My last cholesterol was 152 but my ratio was bad. My doc said he was on the fence about starting a med because of family history.

Please explain to me how a cholesterol level of 190 CAUSES cardiac infarction...and while you are at it, explain to me how cholesterol in your body..specifically causes damage to blood vessels...

Your doc recommended starting meds huh....I wonder, did he happen to ask about your diet, and if so what was your response?

JM

High cholesterol does not cause MI... Plaque buildup in the arteries does. High cholesterol is a risk factor and can lead to narrowing of the coronary arteries which is called coronary artery disease. The HDL/LDL/vldl ratio is important to know.

I'm not arguing with you. Can you explain what you are saying?

I thought everyone knew high cholesterol is a risk factor for coronary artery disease. 190 is high. This is fact. No insult to you intended.

High cholesterol does not cause MI... Plaque buildup in the arteries does. High cholesterol is a risk factor and can lead to narrowing of the coronary arteries which is called coronary artery disease. The HDL/LDL/vldl ratio is important to know.

I'm not arguing with you. Can you explain what you are saying?

I thought everyone knew high cholesterol is a risk factor for coronary artery disease. 190 is high. This is fact. No insult to you intended.

190 is not high, it is not a fact. I am sure you are a good guy, but I don't know where to start with this. I suggest you start with a good read from Anthony Colpo called the Gerat Cholesterol Con. Read that, and then move on to the more technical stuff by Uffe Ravenskof (spelling). If you do, you'll thank me you did. I don't take much time to post on stuff like this anymore, because people already have their minds mind up, and think that certain things are fact, when they aren't even close.

If you don't think I know what i am talking about I can send you some articles i have wrote, and I can show you how I got my HDL up to 60 (from 24) with food, and no dangerous statins....actually I may do that for the open mided people anyway..

JM

190 is not high, it is not a fact. I am sure you are a good guy, but I don't know where to start with this. I suggest you start with a good read from Anthony Colpo called the Gerat Cholesterol Con. Read that, and then move on to the more technical stuff by Uffe Ravenskof (spelling). If you do, you'll thank me you did. I don't take much time to post on stuff like this anymore, because people already have their minds mind up, and think that certain things are fact, when they aren't even close.

If you don't think I know what i am talking about I can send you some articles i have wrote, and I can show you how I got my HDL up to 60 (from 24) with food, and no dangerous statins....actually I may do that for the open mided people anyway..

JM

I do think you know your stuff and do respect your opinion. I would enjoy reading further on this as well. In my world, I'm a RN and stick to what the lab book says and docs tell me. This does not lend itself to much "out of the box" thinking. I have read a lot of your stuff and would like to read up on the articles you mentioned. I do apologize if I came off as argumentative.

JM

While I believe I have read about your process before I personally would take a great interest in what you have to say about this matter. Thank you!

I thought it was a little high, at least higher than I expected, considering what my diet is. I did not get a ratio, only total, so I guess that would have painted a better picture.

JM

Thank you, John. Like I said, it was higher than expected, but I have zero knowledge of what the actual ramifications are. I can only speak to what I've one heard from sensationalized media. Your articles and opinions have changed my views on MANY things. I've found the price foundation to be an incredible resource to say the least

test could be a little higher IIRC your age range should be 500-750ish.

Was wondering about this. If ones free test is in the high to high-normal range, but ones total test is in the low to low-normal range, does that mean that person is "OK"? If you bump total test, does that automatically bump free test? Could you have high total, but low free? Would any doc consider hormones for a person with low total, but normal free?

I thought it was a little high, at least higher than I expected, considering what my diet is. I did not get a ratio, only total, so I guess that would have painted a better picture.

Thank you, John. Like I said, it was higher than expected, but I have zero knowledge of what the actual ramifications are. I can only speak to what I've one heard from sensationalized media. Your articles and opinions have changed my views on MANY things. I've found the price foundation to be an incredible resource to say the least

Was wondering about this. If ones free test is in the high to high-normal range, but ones total test is in the low to low-normal range, does that mean that person is "OK"? If you bump total test, does that automatically bump free test? Could you have high total, but low free? Would any doc consider hormones for a person with low total, but normal free?

You are welcome my friend. Send me your email address. You are correct when you say sensationalized media. I am going to send you some information, and some interviews I have done for my website with some people who are geniuses with this stuff.

Best regards,
JM

An athletes ideal cholesterol is around 200, remember cholesterol is the base for many hormones. 190 is not high, total cholesterol means even less than HDL/LDL, which also means very little compared to plain old genetics.

hey MD I wanna see what you did to raise HDL from 24 to 60 :)

Can anybody answer this?

I do think you know your stuff and do respect your opinion. I would enjoy reading further on this as well. In my world, I'm a RN and stick to what the lab book says and docs tell me. This does not lend itself to much "out of the box" thinking. I have read a lot of your stuff and would like to read up on the articles you mentioned. I do apologize if I came off as argumentative.

Hey Emery send me your email address bro.

Thanks!
JM

An athletes ideal cholesterol is around 200, remember cholesterol is the base for many hormones. 190 is not high, total cholesterol means even less than HDL/LDL, which also means very little compared to plain old genetics.

I have really taken an interest in all this cholesterol controversy and this is what I am starting to conclude.
Do you guys realize that infarction rate have not dropped since statin therapy has become so rampant.
Do you realize more people than ever in history in this country have their cholesterol under the recommended 200 level,yet infarction rates have NOT dropped.

Family history is more and more looking like a map, but not saying you can't help your chances doing all you can.
Raise HDL
Lower LDL and total
Bp under control
Weight control and especially body fat low
Cardiovascular exercise(give me a break about it eating muscle:rolleyes:)
Laugh often

Last edited:
Hey MD,

I sent you a PM...

Thanks alot bro! I really appreciate it!

Emery and Rocked up - you have mail guys....I think you will enjoy the read...I personally subscribe to the oxidation of LDL being the bad guy, and Chris' tips on how to help fight it..let me know what you think..

All the best,
JM

hey MD I wanna see what you did to raise HDL from 24 to 60 :)

It was all food related - no medications...no supplements..well I shouldn't say that..no supplements that are supposed to help in a traditional sense..

I will post soon...

JM

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws