over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Caffiene + creatine + amino acids= 10.8% increase in anaerobic capacity

plang

Kilo Klub Member
The preworkout thread got me thinking a bit....I've always liked using at least a strong cup of coffee preworkout....but usually a preworkout NO/energy booster of some sort....I limit my caffeine intake to only aroud the workout too......guess science says it's a good idea

The possible combinatory effects of acute consumption of caffeine, creatine, and amino acids on the improvement of anaerobic running performance in humans.
Fukuda DH, Smith AE, Kendall KL, Stout JR.
Metabolic and Body Composition Laboratory, Department of Health and Exercise Science, University of Oklahoma, Norman, OK 73019, USA. [email protected]
Abstract
Preexercise nutritional investigations have recently become a popular avenue of examining the interaction of multiple ingredients on exercise and training methods. The critical velocity (CV) test is used to quantify the relationship between total running distance and time to exhaustion (TTE), yielding aerobic (CV) and anaerobic parameters (anaerobic running capacity [ARC]). The purpose of this study was to examine the hypothesis that a preexercise supplement containing caffeine, creatine, and amino acids (Game Time; Corr-Jen Laboratories Inc, Aurora, CO) would positively impact CV and ARC in college-aged men and women. In a single-blind crossover design, 10 participants consumed the preexercise supplement (ACT) or placebo (PL) before each testing session. Each participant completed runs to exhaustion on a treadmill at 110%, 90% (day 1), and 105% and 100% (day 2) of the peak velocity (PV) determined from a graded exercise test. The ACT elicited a 10.8% higher ARC (P = .02) compared with the PL, whereas no difference was found in CV (0.6%, P = .38). The TTE was greater for the ACT than the PL at 110% (ACT = 125.7 ± 9.6 seconds, PL = 117.3 ± 12.6 seconds), 105% (ACT = 156.9 ± 11.0 seconds, PL = 143.8 ± 12.9 seconds), and 100% PV (ACT = 185.7 ± 10.7 seconds, PL = 169.7 ± 12.8 seconds) (P = .01-.04); but there was no difference for the TTE at 90% PV (ACT = 353.5 ± 52.7 seconds, PL = 332.7 ± 54.0 seconds) (P = .08). These findings suggest that the acute ingestion of this preexercise supplement may be an effective strategy for improving anaerobic performance, but appears to have no effect on aerobic power.

yes this is pretty much the case and makes sense.

i'll give you real world example with a client of mine. He takes our explosion and bcaa n more mixes preworkout, about 20 mins before his 1st real set moving weight. He is a power lifter as well.

We did a trial with him to prove our products do indeed make a difference. He went 3 days with his normal 2 cups of coffee before workout and nothing else. No changes in workouts, no changes in rep schemes etc. he then took 1 day off totally and repeated same workouts using those 2 products mentioned about 20 mins before his workout. Increased all reps per exercise across the board. Said he could have increased the weight but wanted to be safe. the next week here tried his own little experiment and said without the supplements he could only get through about 70% of the workouts without feeling spent. When he used the bcaa n more and explosion, he could train heavier and longer

What is really fascinating is that caffeine can help with glycogen synthesis POST workout - I'll dig up the study - I was at a nutrition symposium earlier this year and it was talked about alot..

J

What is really fascinating is that caffeine can help with glycogen synthesis POST workout - I'll dig up the study - I was at a nutrition symposium earlier this year and it was talked about alot..

J

id like to see that!

it can to some degree. You going to see a lot of post workout drinks in the next 12months that focus on this. they are going to have creatine, glutamine, maltodextrin type carbs, and protein, all with hold your breath 60mg caffeine....in fact there is one already out...made by ABB

would not a hefty dose of caffeine pre workout give the intended burst b4, and still be present so that a post workout dose is not needed?
I am willing to bet the companies that make the post stuff are going to market the pre w/o stuff together, and both will contain caffeine.
So, Nobody will sleep.............unless you take there pre bed, nighttime formula with vitamins abcdefgh.:D
-c

i love caffeine but i just can't handle creatine, i bloat way too much :(

would not a hefty dose of caffeine pre workout give the intended burst b4, and still be present so that a post workout dose is not needed?
I am willing to bet the companies that make the post stuff are going to market the pre w/o stuff together, and both will contain caffeine.
So, Nobody will sleep.............unless you take there pre bed, nighttime formula with vitamins abcdefgh.:D
-c

bingo, its the same ole hype with the same ole marketing scheme with the same ole results...people buying junk they do not need...get yourself some quality protein, LBAs, and basic supplements...and PUSH your ass in the gym and eat right and you'll see the results

one mom brought her HS son to me...he was taking 8 different things from different companies and all this other nonsense...wrote a diet for him, he did his strength coaches workouts, used 3 of our supplements and made more gains in two months, than in 6 months his way....

I am very surprised that an abstract was written with only 10 participants in the controlled study? The finding are statistically not valid with that low of a participant ratio.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear