over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anxiety

mace123

Verified Customer
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
Had it for awhile, been on either ativan, xanax, kolapins or valium, mostly xan and klonapins but wondering if any of you bros that have panic attacks and the "I am going to die" type anxiety have had success with anything else.

Hearing good things about lexapro but not too sure.

Doc gave me zoloft one time, what a bunch of bullshit that stuff is.

Help would be appreciated fellas!

The first ones you've listed are all benzodiazepines

and lexapro is an SSRI so they will work completely different than the valium, xan, klon, and ativ does

So you can't compare lexapro to those because they are completely different drugs...

lexapro - antidepressant

Val, Xan, Klon, Ativ - benzodiazepines and used almost specifically for anxiety attacks

Zoloft is an SSRI like lexapro, so if zoloft did nothing then lexapro will not help you either...both are in the same class of drugs

It's not because they are in the same class that another one won't work. Although if you're gonna go the SSRI-route know that sexual side effects are likely

Dude I used to have anxiety attacks all the time bad. Still do, but not like before, I know exactly how you feel, you get so dam worked up that you convince yourself your gonna die or something bad is going to happen. Its the worst thing in the world dealing with that. I dont get them like I used too, I can come myself down now, and I def dont like to put anything extra in my body on cycle, especially anti depressants. Plus Ive tried zoloft and that stuff and I felt like a freaking zombie all day. But... if I ever do have one "attack" that I cant control, I usually take a 1 mg xanax prescribed my doc, that usually comes me down. Id rather take a benzo when I feel anxiety coming on, than take a pill everyday.
I wish you luck bro.

I have suffered from anxiety all of my adult life. I cannot take AAS as a result of my anxiety. I have tried and failed many times, I just don't think AAS and people prone to anxiety are a good mix.

Benzos like Xanax and Klonopin work the best for panic attacks, but should only be used occasionally. I develop a tolerance to them very quickly, and I have heard that those who don't, often get hooked on them.

SSRI's did jack shit for me except give me a bunch of sides.

I am trying Stablon soon (made in France) because it is extremely successful compared to SSRI's. It is actually a serotonin enhancer, not inhibitor.

I get Xanax for anxiety attacks from my Dr. and take them only when needed or you will build a tolerance to them in about 2 weeks.

I've recently started lexapro with klon and have had great results with the two combined. I've also been seeing a counselor to help me learn to deal/cope with it which has helped tremendously as well. My anxiety has never been to the extent that yours seemingly has however.

The lexapro did inhibit ejaculation to some extent for the first week but now I'm back to normal again.

Ya I mix it up between the xanax and klonapins and only take them at the onset of anxiety.

My girl is still amazed at how I am able to chew up a xanax without making a face but I tell her that if she thought it would save her life, she would do it too.

The unfortunate truth is that I feel I will always need a "rescue pill" for whenever these problems occur.

Problems have decreased alot from a few years ago but still have attacks a few times a week. Some manageable, some not.

AAS does not bother me as much as I thought it would, clen is a morning only thing for sure though!

For some reason I am far more prone to attacks at night (it used to not matter as I was always fighting them), is this true for any of you?

i suffered from severe anxiety to the point of a few years back being afraid to leave the house or be more than 5mi from a hospital...

i wont take ssri's and have had the same bottle of klonopin for 4yrs, only take a little when no other choice...

1. Realize the attack wont kill you, it just feels like it... learn to ride it like a wave, it will pass.

2. Breathing exercises: 10sec in, hold 10sec, 10 sec out. slow, controlled, prevents hyperventilating and calms you... think of a personal mantra to help you focus. weather it be a prayer or an affirmation. "everyday in every way im getting better and better", "im happy and healthy and i will survive this" etc etc etc

3. Identify your X factor: I suffer from PTSD and had to overcome that hurdle... sometimes just talking to someone will help unload some of the stress from your mind, weather it be a therapist or someone else with an open ear. Another factor for me was my wife who was bipolar and made my life a living hell... signing divorce papers and putting her on a plane to the other side of the country was a huge improvement of my symptoms over night. Identify what is bringing this out of you... and squash it.

4. You are not alone.

Ya I mix it up between the xanax and klonapins and only take them at the onset of anxiety.

My girl is still amazed at how I am able to chew up a xanax without making a face but I tell her that if she thought it would save her life, she would do it too.

The unfortunate truth is that I feel I will always need a "rescue pill" for whenever these problems occur.

Problems have decreased alot from a few years ago but still have attacks a few times a week. Some manageable, some not.

AAS does not bother me as much as I thought it would, clen is a morning only thing for sure though!

For some reason I am far more prone to attacks at night (it used to not matter as I was always fighting them), is this true for any of you?

Oddly, most AAS make me feel better, though i dont fuck with Clen as my attacks cause me to have PVC's and clen would or any stimulant wouldnt be good with that. I avoid most any stimulant at all times except green tea.

and yes... night is the toughest, laying in bed can cause those thoughts to creep up on you, and its never helpful. i usually try to send my brain in a different direction.

Had it for awhile, been on either ativan, xanax, kolapins or valium, mostly xan and klonapins but wondering if any of you bros that have panic attacks and the "I am going to die" type anxiety have had success with anything else.

Hearing good things about lexapro but not too sure.

Doc gave me zoloft one time, what a bunch of bullshit that stuff is.

Help would be appreciated fellas!

Bro,seriously,any SSRI is bullshit,Benzos help but its always temporary.Im using Kava ,and St. Johns ,seems like its working ok,and its not addictive

i suffer from some panic attacks along with depression. i have started cognitive therapy and am slowly hopefully coming through the worst. i suffered chest pain which i believe was because of stress.

Don't get hooked on benzo's.
Take ZMA at night before bed.
Also, you might want to get your adrenal glands checked for any signs of cancer.

Mr Rage well said in both of your posts.
I agree that on cycle I seem to have less anxiety than being off. Which Im not 100% why if anyone would like to chime in on that subject. But I do agree with everyone that night time is always the hardest for anyone suffering from depression or anxiety, I always try to take my thoughts else where as when I feel like the anxiety is coming on as mentioned above.

Definitly try to stay away from the SSRI's. They messed up my sex drive big time. I've come off them about 6 months ago and its definitly done perminant damage

I used to have the "I'm going to die" type of anxiety attacks, until they happened so often and I didnt die that I just rolled with it when it happened. Unfortunately, I had unrelenting anxiety for so long that it morphed into an anxiety disorder I.E. ocd. When I say unrelenting, I mean anxiety that felt like a continual panic attack that never ended 24-7-365. Its under control now though.

i suffered from severe anxiety to the point of a few years back being afraid to leave the house or be more than 5mi from a hospital...

i wont take ssri's and have had the same bottle of klonopin for 4yrs, only take a little when no other choice...

1. Realize the attack wont kill you, it just feels like it... learn to ride it like a wave, it will pass.

2. Breathing exercises: 10sec in, hold 10sec, 10 sec out. slow, controlled, prevents hyperventilating and calms you... think of a personal mantra to help you focus. weather it be a prayer or an affirmation. "everyday in every way im getting better and better", "im happy and healthy and i will survive this" etc etc etc

3. Identify your X factor: I suffer from PTSD and had to overcome that hurdle... sometimes just talking to someone will help unload some of the stress from your mind, weather it be a therapist or someone else with an open ear. Another factor for me was my wife who was bipolar and made my life a living hell... signing divorce papers and putting her on a plane to the other side of the country was a huge improvement of my symptoms over night. Identify what is bringing this out of you... and squash it.

4. You are not alone.

Most informal post thus far, appreciate it.

I have learned to tell myself everything will be fine b/c this has happened probably thousands of times now.

When I was first getting them and they were at their worst I would go hang out in the waiting room at the ER just for some peace of mind but hell did anyone see the video of the lady in an ER room for over 24 hours that died recently and no one helped her? People should be jailed for that shit.

As far as the X factor, this is where my panic attacks diverge from the norm. When they first came on, I was stressed to the max, working 60-70 hours/week, went to the strip club, woke up in jail with last memory being titties in my face, 2 grand missing that was suppossed to be to pay the taxes on my new car, didnt even know what I was charged with, was scared I might have fucking ran someone over or something, new car impounded, new car wrecked and bills mounting left and right.

Well that was the situational anxiety as one of the docs put it, it was suppossed to go away when the situation got better. I quit my job, moved to train with some of my friends, sold the car I shouldnt have tried to afford and lived off savings to enjoy life for a few months.

Didnt fucking work.

Still had attacks several times a day, ate xanax like it was candy, not to get high mind you but to be able to not damn near go into convulsions from the fear.

The fear of another attack would bring on an attack, I was convinced I had heart problems and all my doctors were just fucking stupid. I still have trouble watching movies or shows where people are having a heart attack. I suppose the fear from the anxiety attacks has manifested itself into a new fear of a rapid heart rate, especially at night. I think I am literally going to have a heart attack and that is my only X factor.

Constant anxiety raised my BP but might have just been "white coat syndrom" and I was put on propronolol awhile back. I really dont know whether or not it helped but I felt better knowing I was taking something that more closely resembled what I thought the problem was, my heart.

I used to have the "I'm going to die" type of anxiety attacks, until they happened so often and I didnt die that I just rolled with it when it happened. Unfortunately, I had unrelenting anxiety for so long that it morphed into an anxiety disorder I.E. ocd. When I say unrelenting, I mean anxiety that felt like a continual panic attack that never ended 24-7-365. Its under control now though.

This is where I was but still have attacks a few times a week. Have anxiety that is controllable daily but its managable.

For those telling me to stay away from benzos, trust me I try and that is what the purpose of this thread is but if I hadnt found benzos I have no idea how I could have made it this far and be a productive member of society. Its funny too because when I was younger I used to think that there was no way in hell "bars" had any legitimate medical purpose. Funny how quickly my perspective changed.

Thank you everyone for your input and if anyone else has anything thats related to the topic feel free to post up!

panic attacks

I was on Prozac for about 17 years for depression, since I was about 23, been on and off since then. 5 years ago for some reason I started having panic attacks with palpitations, and it was very scary. Ativan and Zanac definitely helped. Quiting coffee didn't even help much.

I still don't know where they came from since I haven't had any since that time, but I was drinking alot of green tea which has Xanthines in it, which can cause palpitations, and I was experimenting with coconut oil, which will speed your heart rate.

Neither of which I had any idea at that time that they could cause anything. I was going through a stressful time too....plus who knows, I just found out that I had a high TSH, and if you are Hypothyroid, it can cause anxiety.

To the OP - I can't speak from experience cuz I don't suffer from anxiety, but something you may want to ask your doc about is Soma (aka Carisoprodol). It's a muscle relaxant, but my doc prescribed it for me to help with my terrible sleeping issues. I have also tried most of the benzos you've listed, among others (ambien, ativan, kpin, temazepam (restoril), xanax, valium to name a few), and Soma knocks me out like nobody's biz. I wouldn't say one is better than the other; but Soma definitely has a different feel and may be another option for you.

I'd rather eat benzos than soma's but thanks for trying to help.

Somas are probably even worse for you.

The purpose of seeing what else is out there is to not have to take shit that fucks with how you feel, is addictive and bad for you.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear