over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Neck Injury

thebrick

FOUNDING Member / Featured member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Anybody here had to deal with a neck injury? How long did it take you to get through it?

My story;
Two weeks ago I was using a new hammer Strength machine at the gym. Next day I noticed my neck felt a bit tweaked. Looking back, I think I may have been twisting on the pull. My bad. Rested the next day. Next day, did legs, no issues. Neck was feeling fine so the next day I did shoulders and included my usual heavy shrugs. I would shrug 405 up, hold for a second and repeat. Felt fine after, I had a little twinging but nothing major. Next day did a chest workout. That went fine too. That night I had such a pain in my neck. Its been like this for over a week. Its a tad better and I can move my head to the left and tilt back with care. Still hurts though. I have noticed some finger tingling on the left and weakness in my left bicep so something is pressing on a nerve. I went through this bicep problem 2 years ago and it got better with good advice from DC

I am headed to the Chiropractor I use on Thursday. Hopefully I can get some answers instead of only my speculation. Damn! its always something.

MY advice to you bro is phisycal therpy is much better than chiro but you stick with therpy for while i been in bad car accident end up in neck and back injures most doctors wants me to have surgery i have 4 disks in my neck bro i continued my therpy for almost 2 years and thats what really helped me bro.I have to avoid any exercise that apply pressure on my neck like press behind neck,hammer strenght,dead lift and squat hurts my back but i am back to gym 95% i hope that help good luck.

I've done similar things.

I've done something where I get a burning pain down my right trap when I turn my head, but thank heavens...no weakness down the arm.

I hope you are okay, Brick.

I definitely sympathize with you, bro. Two years ago, I did my first powerlifting contest where I did my personal best on deads. A few weeks after that, I was moving some furniture, along with some other "household" heavy lifting and ended up with the worst neck pain that I had every experienced. I ended up being transported by rescue to the hospital as I had almost stopped breathing due to the pain. That's how severe it was. In any case, it was diagnosed as a severe neck sprain. In two weeks, I was hitting it hard at the gym again.

My advice - take some time off from lifting. It will probably be a good "forced" lay off for you.

Good luck.

MY advice to you bro is phisycal therpy is much better than chiro but you stick with therpy for while i been in bad car accident end up in neck and back injures most doctors wants me to have surgery i have 4 disks in my neck bro i continued my therpy for almost 2 years and thats what really helped me bro.I have to avoid any exercise that apply pressure on my neck like press behind neck,hammer strenght,dead lift and squat hurts my back but i am back to gym 95% i hope that help good luck.

Thanks. I may do that. I am going to take this a step at a time with my Chiro first though

I've done something where I get a burning pain down my right trap when I turn my head, but thank heavens...no weakness down the arm.

I hope you are okay, Brick.

Thanks JT. My wife keeps telling me my body is trying to tell me something. I tell her yes it is, after 30 something years of heavy lifting, I am a little damaged :p

I definitely sympathize with you, bro. Two years ago, I did my first powerlifting contest where I did my personal best on deads. A few weeks after that, I was moving some furniture, along with some other "household" heavy lifting and ended up with the worst neck pain that I had every experienced. I ended up being transported by rescue to the hospital as I had almost stopped breathing due to the pain. That's how severe it was. In any case, it was diagnosed as a severe neck sprain. In two weeks, I was hitting it hard at the gym again.

My advice - take some time off from lifting. It will probably be a good "forced" lay off for you.

Good luck.

Thanks, I am hoping it is a bad neck sprain. This nerve thing has me concerned though.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws