over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How are my support supps. ?

laduem88

Registered
I was curious as to what you guys think of the support supps i try to run year round. After typing it all out it seems like a ton but im use to it.

AM
Garlic - 5000mg
B6-200mg
CoQ-10 - 400mg
Red Yeast Rice- 1200mg
Multi Vitamin
Vit. C - 2000mg
Joint Pill
Niacin - 500mg
Vit. E - 2000mg
Milk Thistle - 3000mg
Saw palmetto - 640mg
Fish Oil - 2.8g

PM
Garlic - 5000mg
B6-200mg
CoQ-10 - 400mg
Red Yeast Rice- 1200mg
Multi Vitamin
Vit. E - 2000mg
Vit. C - 2000mg
Joint Pill
Milk Thistle - 3000mg
Fish Oil - 2.8g
Saw palmetto - 640mg

Not sure what amounts you get from the multi vitamin, but the only thing missing on single supps IMO is Vitamin D3

Other than that, a solid lineup.

holy crap man, i would get rid of all that garbage and just try to get as much as you can from whole foods. Rich Gaspari preached that you're body absorbs the nutrients/vita's/mins better from eating. I am full just thinkin about downing that many pills

holy crap man, i would get rid of all that garbage and just try to get as much as you can from whole foods. Rich Gaspari preached that you're body absorbs the nutrients/vita's/mins better from eating. I am full just thinkin about downing that many pills

you need support supps if you cruise and blast, esp if you blast a little too often

solid

I'm with you on this one as our body does need a lot of extra help due to the crap food controlled companies we have around us these days!

He doesn't have to swallow all those pills as I buy 85% of mine in capsule form and I bust the caps open and pour them in the protein blender shake in the morning and at night. Other supps are liquid or powder so same as well. Mix it up with some fruits and taste great!

A few extra supps I like are:

BCAA (faster recovery)

Acidophilus (can help protect the body against harmful bacteria, parasites, and other organisms.)

Pour Lemon juice (helps liver)

I think you can simplify

Here are my reactions:
- fish oil + garlic - fine
- multi - fine (but make sure no iron!)
- CoQ10 - unless you have PD or CHF, no need for 800mg. 100mg of ubiquinol should be plenty
- vit E - high dose alpha tocopherol is counterproductive. Mixed tocopherols w emphasis on gamma is better. Don't need a mega dose.
- red yeast rice - poor man's statin. What's your cholesterol?
- vit C - dose is too high ... pro-oxidant at high doses. 1-2g is plenty.
- milk-thistle - why the megadoses? (I believe that MT can be converted to enterolactone in the gut). I sometimes take, but way less.
- saw palmetto - unless you have BPH, little reason to take so much and block DHT. 320 a day shd be fine.

And you are missing much more important supplements:
- vit D3 (key anti-cancer supp): 2000iu
- lycopene (protects prostate): 10mg
- r-lipoic acid (anti-ox, insulin mimetic): 200-600mg day
- carnitine (supports energy production): 1-4g
- carnosine (500mg) or beta-alanine - anti-ox, anti-glycation
- bcaa
- creatine
My 2cc's

Nearly forgot ...

N-acetyl cysteine (up to 2g / day) ... raises glutathione levels, liver protectant
Synthetek has a liver protectant too.

You should use folate, 1mg per day, but probably cut back b6 to 200mg to avoid neuropathy which, if my memory is right, can cause issues at 500mg+.

Finally, some people swear by hawthorn berry for bp support. The scientific evidence for hawthorn is not strong I think, but there is anecdotal support for its use.

Here are my reactions:
- fish oil + garlic - fine
- multi - fine (but make sure no iron!)
- CoQ10 - unless you have PD or CHF, no need for 800mg. 100mg of ubiquinol should be plenty
- vit E - high dose alpha tocopherol is counterproductive. Mixed tocopherols w emphasis on gamma is better. Don't need a mega dose.
- red yeast rice - poor man's statin. What's your cholesterol?
- vit C - dose is too high ... pro-oxidant at high doses. 1-2g is plenty.
- milk-thistle - why the megadoses? (I believe that MT can be converted to enterolactone in the gut). I sometimes take, but way less.
- saw palmetto - unless you have BPH, little reason to take so much and block DHT. 320 a day shd be fine.

And you are missing much more important supplements:
- vit D3 (key anti-cancer supp): 2000iu
- lycopene (protects prostate): 10mg
- r-lipoic acid (anti-ox, insulin mimetic): 200-600mg day
- carnosine (500mg) or beta-alanine - anti-ox, anti-glycation
- bcaa
- creatine
My 2cc's

Would def agree on much of what you recommended. Vit D3, Vit K2, and lycopene are key. NAC is a definite especially if you're concerned about liver support. The amount of Milk Thistle does seems to be very high. If you have a good quality you shouldn't ever have to go above 1g/day espeically if you're using it in conjunction with other liver protectants.

Ubiquinol being more efficient than ubiquinone (CoQ10) is perfect at 100-200mg/day. Fish oil is a pretty generic term. Neptune Krill from Antarctica are the most bioavailable. So that in conjunction with a potent cold water fish oil (with a good EPA/DHA balance) would be optimal and cover all basis. Look into a 4:1 extract of Camu camu for one of the most bioavailable forms of naturally occurring vitamin C. Even though many scientists claim ascorbic acid is 'just as good' I frankly think their full of sh*t.

Probiotic support is very important so I would suggest a good mix of ~6-8 various cultures. Bromelain is key for protein digestion and I'll assume you ingest large amounts of protein on a daily basis.

And to the gentleman that said just get what you need from whole foods....you'd have to ingest an insane amount of food ALL day long to get the support we need while unnaturally pumping our bodies full of 'muscles'. And unless you live next to the equator, good luck getting healthy doses of Vitamin D3. Oh, and you'd have to eat 56 oranges to equal the same amount of Vitamin C that's available within 1 camu camu fruit. But since it's located in the Amazon River basin, our only option is to import the extract.

cool thanks guys

i take - r-lipoic acid (anti-ox, insulin mimetic): 200-600mg day

before every carb meal. so i got that. and i started d3

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner