over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Dumbbells vs Cables:

spude

Registered
If you can keep the technique same in both versions and contract your muscles the same way, then no. If you can't, then yes. All the talk about free weights being more effective and strengthening surrounding muscles and tissues is nothing but a bunch of bullshit...maybe if you're a strongman, powerlifter etc you need to use free weights more than cables/machines. For bb purposes both are gtg, machines often the best when trying to isolate the muscle at the best possible way...

Cables for me

seem to work better. Expecially on lateral raises. I have shoulder issues. I feel it more in muscle with cables rather than joint pain with dbs.

I have shoulder issues too but I wanted to know if my shoulder routine is suffering using a lighter weight with the cables, yet, still going to failure with each rep.

If you can keep the technique same in both versions and contract your muscles the same way, then no. If you can't, then yes. All the talk about free weights being more effective and strengthening surrounding muscles and tissues is nothing but a bunch of bullshit...maybe if you're a strongman, powerlifter etc you need to use free weights more than cables/machines. For bb purposes both are gtg, machines often the best when trying to isolate the muscle at the best possible way...

bullshit? i dont' get it.
Why don't we all just do cables then for back, arms, legs, etc.
why bother squating, benching and doing deadlifts

:yeahthat:

Won't leg extentions build huge quads? There really is no need to squat or use free weights at all if they are just the same as cables and machines

Well I often train my bis with machines only, same with quads, calves and abs...With chest I usually do some dumbbell presses too and back some deadlifts, not every time though...maybe every other.

Yesterday I did quads in horizontal hack-machine, or wtf it's name is, leg-press and some sissy squats at the end. After that trained hamstrings with leg-curls and one-leg leg-presses. Then calves in hack-machine and a couple of sets seated as well. At the end three sets of abdominal crunches in a machine...That's it. Took me like 40min...and this is a bit of a shame to admit...but my legs were fucking fried after this little machine-pumping.

Rep-range for quads 8-25, hamstrings 4-10, calves 15-30, abs no idea..just pumping a bit. And yes I have front-squatted 200kg~450lbs, just for your interest...Big free weights have their place every once in a while, especially for beginners. But legs are my best bodypart and to be honest the above mentioned is how I usually train..although I like to change it quite often, basically weekly.

As far as lateral raises are concerned, I use both dumbbells and cables, often in the same workout. Don't limit yourself to one piece of equipment. Freeweights, machines, cables, etc all have a place in my training depending on what I'm trying to accomplish.

As far as lateral raises are concerned, I use both dumbbells and cables, often in the same workout. Don't limit yourself to one piece of equipment. Freeweights, machines, cables, etc all have a place in my training depending on what I'm trying to accomplish.

Something like what I meant too...I just simply can't post without sounding provocative...

Well I often train my bis with machines only, same with quads, calves and abs...With chest I usually do some dumbbell presses too and back some deadlifts, not every time though...maybe every other.

Yesterday I did quads in horizontal hack-machine, or wtf it's name is, leg-press and some sissy squats at the end. After that trained hamstrings with leg-curls and one-leg leg-presses. Then calves in hack-machine and a couple of sets seated as well. At the end three sets of abdominal crunches in a machine...That's it. Took me like 40min...and this is a bit of a shame to admit...but my legs were fucking fried after this little machine-pumping.

Rep-range for quads 8-25, hamstrings 4-10, calves 15-30, abs no idea..just pumping a bit. And yes I have front-squatted 200kg~450lbs, just for your interest...Big free weights have their place every once in a while, especially for beginners. But legs are my best bodypart and to be honest the above mentioned is how I usually train..although I like to change it quite often, basically weekly.

I understand what I'd saying and I sort of agree with u on some of it but I'm sure to build "your best body part, legs" u had to do some serious free weight squats at one time for a long time I'm sure. and now the size is there u can maintain or grow slowly using machines. but a beginner in my opinion should stick to more free weight movements then just focus on machines.

Cables

I like cables because of shoulder issues and when working alone I can do one arm at a time forcing the one side up with both hands after I've failed positive and working until I,ve failed on the negative but that's just me :)

All the talk about free weights being more effective and strengthening surrounding muscles and tissues is nothing but a bunch of bullshit... For bb purposes both are gtg, machines often the best when trying to isolate the muscle at the best possible way...

Neuromuscular activation is far greater with free weights and best with body-through-space exercises. You have a lot to learn.

I think you need them both. They both are very effective tools of our trade.

Both. I think it depends on the body part and the intensity you want to apply.

Cant bench 405 with cables lol

Lol, best of both worlds. You get the constant tension from the pulleys along with having to push up the dumbbells. Very nice!

Yes, I have a special made hook that I can hook it to the dumbbells, I incorporate this to barbell curls , lateral raises also.

Lol, best of both worlds. You get the constant tension from the pulleys along with having to push up the dumbbells. Very nice!

The best way is to lie on you back on the floor, and if you are using 30lbs dumbbells then you add 30lbs on the cable, or if you use 50lbs dumbbells add 50lbs to the cable, so you use 50% to 50% . You will use 90% of your pec muscles.

Ive only recently noticed how defensive some people get when you try to say cables can be effective compared to some forms of freeweight exercises. Dont forget the base square ONE rule of bodybuilding (and life as well). That there is no one right way to do things. ;)

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws