over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Protein requirements

thomasfouraker

Registered
You hear everything from 1-3 grams per pound of bodyweight. Then you hear it should be grams per lb of "desired lean body mass" which could be completely different than ones overall BW given they were 20%BF. Also, what percent would be acceptable from whole foods and what is desired to be attained from protein shakes, bars, and other supplements.

Thanks in advance.

i look at protein requirement as PER MEAL not per day. whole different way of looking at it really. i eat when hungry tho. i don't always eat same amount of melas everyday. seems like that would hold a person back. what if you needed more meals and more protein.....?:lightbulb: just sayin
-JS

I have never had a problem gaining muscle with 1-1.5g of protein per lb of body weight.

When I read a Dave Tate quote where he mentioned that none of the lifters at Westside eat their bodyweight in protein daily, and how nutrition is overrated, I have been eating about 80-100 g of protein a day (I am a chubby 190 and natural). I am still getting stronger. If I were dieting, I'd probably up the protein.

Just effin eat steak.

The thread isn't about what kind of protein, it's about how much.

So how much steak?

The thread isn't about what kind of protein, it's about how much.

So how much steak?

A lot?

I just eat 100-250g of meat (any kind of meat) per meal, depending on meal frequency and hunger. Averages out to 5-7 meals/day, 150-200g meat per meal. Should mention that two of those meals are shakes though. That gets me 300-400g of protein on most days, and I am 230lbs.

When I read a Dave Tate quote where he mentioned that none of the lifters at Westside eat their bodyweight in protein daily, and how nutrition is overrated, I have been eating about 80-100 g of protein a day (I am a chubby 190 and natural). I am still getting stronger. If I were dieting, I'd probably up the protein.

The strongest guy on our team eats twice a day, usually fast food or chinese buffet, and is 200lb/10-12% bodyfat. When training for strength, just getting a ton of food is sufficient to be successful, but when body comp is the goal you gotta look at the macros more closely.

you might find that you will get even stronger (and bigger) if you get more protein.

Eat what your body tells you to. Listen.

Don't just ram food into your gullet based on someone else's formulas.
If you are growing you will crave protein. If you are not craving it look at your training and (super)supplementation.

Eat what your body tells you to. Listen.

Don't just ram food into your gullet based on someone else's formulas.
If you are growing you will crave protein. If you are not craving it look at your training and (super)supplementation.

I tried to ram as much food down my throat as possible on my first cycle. I was NEVER hungry and I got FAT.
Eating specific macros, WHEN I WAS HUNGRY, under Phil's tutelage I lost fat and gained muscle, and got stronger.
Your body is just too variable to stick to X amount of calories per day and not adjust.

i have been eating when hungry the last couple of weeks,the thing is seems like im hungry all the damn time lately,haha

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Cross Roads
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws