over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Training Misshaps...

Alex A

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
this guy had a bad day on the squat rack here...

I saw this posted a while back...

Attachments

• idiotsquatting.jpg
    idiotsquatting.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 2,252
You see, the real problem as I see it is the pad on the bar:rolleyes:

What's with the spotter's, one yanking on the bar the other just looking at it.

:p

actually.......his spotter should be executed

:cool:

Would you have a spotter behind you with a knee brace like that? Kinda kills the reasurance factor.... but then again when you add 2 clueless slapnut spotters on the side too and use the puss-pad you probably already know you're fucked anyway..lol

It's also funny that he's trying to pick this guy up by the waste. As if the falling weight isn't bad enough, he's trying to pick that dude up off the floor.

Hilarity ensues!!!

-Huge

hahah... I see trios of guys doing some of that shit on the squat rack in the rec center at my university. They crack me up and make me sad that for one they use the pussy pad and two don't know how to do a proper squat. I just stand there and shake my head. Great picture though!

I have had some spotters like that had to fu#king give them a cursing. They were to worrried about texting some damn girl or looking around gym..

so many things wrong in one picture... how the...

what's worse, that, or this?

swissball_squats.jpg

so many things wrong in one picture... how the...

what's worse, that, or this?

swissball_squats.jpg

I would have enjoyed just watching them get into that position.

Oh dear...this is embarrassing. You guys keep calling that pad the "puss pad."

I had no idea this was considered a sign of weakness, to use this pad. The first day I squatted I remembered thinking "wow, this bar is grinding into my fucking skin. I should probably use this pad sitting on the floor. That's probably why it's there. So that I don't tear up my skin"

And I've been using it ever since. Apparently I'm a huge pussy. :(

Was I supposed to just let it grind into my skin until my skin got used to it? I wish I had one of you there to tell me this shit.

So how come the pad is for pussies, but gloves are not? It's the same thing, no?

Last edited:

I had no idea this was considered a sign of weakness, to use this pad. The first day I squatted I remembered thinking "wow, this bar is grinding into my fucking skin. I should probably use this pad sitting on the floor. That's probably why it's there. So that I don't tear up my skin"

Was I supposed to just let it grind into my skin until my skin got used to it? I wish I had one of you there to tell me this shit.

So how come the pad is for pussies, but gloves are not? It's the same thing, no?

Haha, I'm with you man. Clueless here. When I started to really get into squats at a real gym (not my home gym), I went padless. When I got home and took off my shirt, my wife was like, WTF happened to your neck/back?! Probably thought I had a hot time with a dominatrix or something. So from then on it's been the pad but it still feels uncomfortable as sh*t. Maybe I'm just tight around the shoulders or something, who knows. Well, I guess you are what you eat. :D

Many, many years ago, I was lifting at Gold's Gym in Venice Beach & Tom Platz was there on leg day. The bars there had center knurling & Tom had opened up the skin in the center of his back. He kept on squatting. I'm talking ass-to-grass. Eventually he rolled up a hand towel on the bar so he could do a set with 6 plates & a dime on each side for 10 reps. You do what you gotta do - the results speak for themselves.

Last edited:
Many, many years ago, I was lifting at Gold's Gym in Venice Beach & Tom Platz was there on leg day. The bars there had center knurling & Tom eventually opened up the skin in the center of his back. He kept on squatting. I'm talking ass-to-grass. Eventually he rolled up a hand towel on the bar so he could do a set with 6 plates & a dime on each side for 10 reps. You do what you gotta do - the results speak for themselves.

impressive shit for sure.. i would love to see Tom train legs.. unfortunately never seen him workout... Tom prince though.. at his prime had some of the sickest hams in bodybuiding and i was lucky enough to have him prep me for my first big show 6 years ago... I used to train with Lee Priest daily ... he lived in lancaster and drove down to my house and we would hit the world gym in Tujunga.. a dive but got some good workouts..

I learned a ton from Lee.. and funny cuz Platz was Lees mentor somewhat.. good friends... some people thought they looked alike.. but Priest is just a freak .. his fucking arms how they tie into his delts and forearms were the freakish thing i have seen in contest shape especially.... i was fortunate to train with him at his run in 02 for the olympia and GNC in New Orleans....

i started competing that year and have tried to apply his strict training methods to my own workouts..

I remember Lee never used straps, gloves, pads.. .nothing..

Cachexic... i dont think anyones saying your a pussy for using a pad or anyone for that matter.. i personally dont. the way i put the bar across my back it doesnt seem to bother me none.. but whatever works.. the bottom line is to train as intense as possible and to train the bodypart your supposed to be training .. thats all.. dont worry about what anyone says..

Last edited:

Haha, I'm with you man. Clueless here. When I started to really get into squats at a real gym (not my home gym), I went padless. When I got home and took off my shirt, my wife was like, WTF happened to your neck/back?! Probably thought I had a hot time with a dominatrix or something. So from then on it's been the pad but it still feels uncomfortable as sh*t. Maybe I'm just tight around the shoulders or something, who knows. Well, I guess you are what you eat. :D

How the hell do you guys use those things? They make me more uncomfortable than the bar pressing into me. When I start with the heavier weight that I can actually feel, as soon as I start to lower myself all I can think about is moving the weight. Don't even feel the bar after that.

Many, many years ago, I was lifting at Gold's Gym in Venice Beach & Tom Platz was there on leg day. The bars there had center knurling & Tom had opened up the skin in the center of his back. He kept on squatting. I'm talking ass-to-grass. Eventually he rolled up a hand towel on the bar so he could do a set with 6 plates & a dime on each side for 10 reps. You do what you gotta do - the results speak for themselves.

Christ. :eek:

How the hell do you guys use those things? They make me more uncomfortable than the bar pressing into me. When I start with the heavier weight that I can actually feel, as soon as I start to lower myself all I can think about is moving the weight. Don't even feel the bar after that.

It's quite the opposite for me, Jello. When i start with heavier weight that I can feel, I can't concentrate on my mind-muscle connection and the weight because all I can think about is the searing pain of a steel bar grinding into the skin of my upper back and shoulders. I use the pad so that I can simply focus on training the targeted muscles. It's the same reason I use my Versa Grips for deadlifts. I can focus on hitting the targeted muscles instead of my hands/grip.

Cachexic... i dont think anyones saying your a pussy for using a pad or anyone for that matter.. i personally dont. the way i put the bar across my back it doesnt seem to bother me none.. but whatever works.. the bottom line is to train as intense as possible and to train the bodypart your supposed to be training .. thats all.. dont worry about what anyone says..

Ha, thank you so much Alex. You're a sweet man. I was being sarcastic in my post though. No one could ever make me think of myself as a pussy for using a squat pad. Following that logic, using basically any weight lifting gear/assistance would make me a pussy. It's just a silly and juvenile notion.

It's quite the opposite for me, Jello. When i start with heavier weight that I can feel, I can't concentrate on my mind-muscle connection and the weight because all I can think about is the searing pain of a steel bar grinding into the skin of my upper back and shoulders. I use the pad so that I can simply focus on training the targeted muscles. It's the same reason I use my Versa Grips for deadlifts. I can focus on hitting the targeted muscles instead of my hands/grip.

When you first started lifting did you use that pad? I'm thinking it's like anything else, if it's what you are used to, than it will seem normal.

impressive shit for sure.. i
Cachexic... i dont think anyones saying your a pussy for using a pad or anyone for that matter.. but whatever works.. the bottom line is to train as intense as possible and to train the bodypart your supposed to be training .. thats all.. dont worry about what anyone says..

My point was that even the mighty have to use padding when necessary. It's all about what works for you. Fcuk what people think or say...

When you first started lifting did you use that pad? I'm thinking it's like anything else, if it's what you are used to, than it will seem normal.

I believe thats what it is as well.

No, actually. The first time I squatted it was with a 35 on each side, so it just wasn't enough weight to cause pain/discomfort. If memory serves, it was when I hit 225 when it started to hurt. I've been using the pad since.

My point was that even the mighty have to use padding when necessary. It's all about what works for you. Fcuk what people think or say...

Point well taken. And agreed. ;)

Last edited:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
BL
NapsGear