over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anyone Stay under 8% bf without measuring portions

kscowboy

Kilo Klub Member / Board Supporter
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Board Supporter
I am currently around 7 or 8% bf but just recently got to 5% for a photo shoot. It was a great experience but it was also very time consuming, emotional consuming as well as being very tedious. To get to that point i had to measure and time each meal (I dont want to say i had to, but thats the plan that my trainer had me on). Everything was weighed, measured and was a precise meal.

But right now i like being lean and big but would really like to stop weighing and measuring my portions and just make it simpler. So my question is, does anyone stay big and lean and not measure your portions? Im not talking about the person that is 7' tall and 150 lbs. I am the average male, 5'11" and 190 lbs. Also what dietary protocol do you follow.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Well I kinda match the criteria. I stay at around 8% most of the time. I don't measure my food but I do calculate all of my calories based on estimations in my head. Once you get that down it will be pretty easy. Sometimes I might be over, sometimes I might be over on my estimates but they even out.

Well I kinda match the criteria. I stay at around 8% most of the time. I don't measure my food but I do calculate all of my calories based on estimations in my head. Once you get that down it will be pretty easy. Sometimes I might be over, sometimes I might be over on my estimates but they even out.

I have stayed 8% or under for probably 3 or 4 years straight.
I also tend to do that in the offseason, just add up in my head and estimate. I also think after weighing out food all the time, I can pretty much tell what 8oz of chicken looks like without weighing it. plus if you have measuring cups and u just leave it in your cooked rice or oats. I know how many carbs are in 1 cup of rice, so I just scoop a cup and a half out into tupper ware, grab what I think is around 10-12oz chicken throw that in. and bam I got a meal in 10 seconds. It really does even out pretty good if you eat around the right amount. a few hundered calories are not going to make a huge differnence in the coarse of one day. Your body adapts to small influxes in calories. Its a big big change in overall caloric consumption over the course of multipe days that is going to throw your body for a loop and gain fat.

when I diet I then bust out the scale and weigh out everything so I can guage exact numbers.

I've heard similar success stories with every other day fasting as discribed above. I'm going to try it soon.

I have stayed 8% or under for probably 3 or 4 years straight.
I also tend to do that in the offseason, just add up in my head and estimate. I also think after weighing out food all the time, I can pretty much tell what 8oz of chicken looks like without weighing it. plus if you have measuring cups and u just leave it in your cooked rice or oats. I know how many carbs are in 1 cup of rice, so I just scoop a cup and a half out into tupper ware, grab what I think is around 10-12oz chicken throw that in. and bam I got a meal in 10 seconds. It really does even out pretty good if you eat around the right amount. a few hundered calories are not going to make a huge differnence in the coarse of one day. Your body adapts to small influxes in calories. Its a big big change in overall caloric consumption over the course of multipe days that is going to throw your body for a loop and gain fat.

when I diet I then bust out the scale and weigh out everything so I can guage exact numbers.

same here brother
we are blessed is the way i look at it

:cool:

ya u bastards don't know how good you've got it lol. I eat clean year round and train hard and cardio and I'm still a fatty compared to u guys. man I wish I had a little faster metabolism to at least keep me 10 percent year round I would be pumped for that.

I'm Italain and in my house it is hard to stay lean year round. I am going to try and start dieting hardcore again to try and stay below 10 percent year round.

I fall into that catagory. Stay 5-8% no matter what I eat. In fact I have to always eat. Im 42 no slowdown yet. It really is a pain and gets expensive. In fact when I eat more I am less catabolic/more anabolic and my Bf drops. Strange but true.

just roughly estimate how much you need to be 1/2-3/4 full...
what's the good in calculating and weighing your food if you're already full halfway through the meal, or you're still starving after the meal?

you'd probably look better if you ate 2-3 moderately sized meals a day depending on your hunger and just keeping in mind that you want to be 1/2 to 3/4 full. and guess what!? you'd probably look fuller, leaner, and have a smaller waist.

I fall into that catagory. Stay 5-8% no matter what I eat. In fact I have to always eat. Im 42 no slowdown yet. It really is a pain and gets expensive. In fact when I eat more I am less catabolic/more anabolic and my Bf drops. Strange but true.

the human body is weird... you can sometimes eat 1700 cals a day, be on 100 mcg T3, 200 mcg clen, 90 mg ephedrine, do 40 minutes of hard cardio, weight train with high intensity and high volume for 80 minutes, and yet you still gain weight ;)

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Peterwilliam
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws