YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

O/T Anyone ever beat a speeding ticket, if so how did you do it?

massnup

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Anyone know how to beat a speeding ticket, this is the 1st one i've ever had and I'm 32 and don't like it!

Go to court and hope the cop doesn't show up.

im in the same boat

im about to fight my recent ticket in court, i did some research on google and found a lot of interesting articles giving advice. my recomendations, push the court date back as far as possible, when in court ask to see the calibration log of the officers radar/laser gun, if he cant provide it move to have the evidence dropped, if it hadent been calibrated in a month or two then call him out and say that you were not speeding and his gun must have needed to be calibrated, guns can easily bee off up to 5 mph if they are not calibrated (ask any pitching coach), ask the officer specific questions about what happend (how many other cars were on the road, what color was my shirt, who was in the passenger seat, etc,), find out the exact speeding laws of the state u got your ticket in, in Texas and most other states all speed limits are not absolute unless deemed absolute by the local city govt, if the law says that speed limits are not absolute then a ticket can only be written if you are driving so much faster than the posted speed limit that you are driving "unsafe and causing danger of collision with another vehicle", you need to prove that you were not driving unsafe and not putting anyone else at harm. remember its court, you are innocent and its the officers job to prove you are guilty!! hope this helps! I hate speeding tickets, 75% of them are a TAX SCAM, they should be called tax collectors not police officers!

Good luck!!

In my state, if your found guilty, you would pay the fine, and appeal it thru circuit court. When that date comes along, 90 percent of the time, the cop doesn't show up, bam.....dismissed. Done this twice.

In my state, if your found guilty, you would pay the fine, and appeal it thru circuit court. When that date comes along, 90 percent of the time, the cop doesn't show up, bam.....dismissed. Done this twice.

Do you get your money back if its dismissed?

Do you get your money back if its dismissed?

probably not, i told u they are collecting taxes, even if your found innocent your still gona pay somehow, with a court fee($100 for me) to have ur case heard, or some other fee, not to mention the time u wasted.

I know a handful of people who have fought tickets.The ones that went in with a lawyer won.The ones that did all kinds of research and went in on their own lost.The judge hurried up their arguments and didn't even pay attention to their facts.

If you have a friend or family member who is an attorney(which fortunately my family has two) I would research the facts and if you have a good case with representation I would fight it.I wouldn't pay a huge amount of money to fight a ticket unless you are losing your license.

I always hear the rumor about cops not showing up also,but the local cops I know and have as patients tell me thay are scheduled to be in court and that is part of their job.It would be like not showing up to work and they would be fired.

iv had my fair share of tickets and i found out a way to get out of them (unless your going like 20 over)

the cop will always ask stupid questions like do you know the speed limit here and how fast do you think you were going.

my advice is it always know the speed limit or atleast know the range. if they ask you whats the speed limit on the road and you dont know and looks like it could be a 30-40mph go with 35mph and say you had your cruise control at 35. if its 30 then you can be like oh sorry officer and i mean if they write you a ticket it will be for 5 over. the key is to NEVER admit you were speeding. the reason they ask you those questions is to see if you arnt sure or have no idea about the speed you were going or the speed rules for the road which gives them justification to write you a ticket. but if your like sorry officer i was going to the speed limit, had cruise control on bc i cant afford another speeding ticket. (be polite!!!) you will get out of it most likely. might be different in other states but iv literally been clocked on radar going 45 in a 30 and i told the officer i had cruise control on and i was going 35. and i got out of it. this has happened 4 times (in a row) i have gotten out of a ticket and they have been all over my state.

idk just thought id share that

depending on the judge, if the officer can not identify with 100% certainty that you were the one driving the vehicle you will be innocent. but your best bet is to call and delay it for as long as possible, to where the officer can not remember the situation. ive had a ticket take 13 months to make it to court. the cop showed up, and didnt even bother with my case as he could not remember it at all. he had given hundreds if not thousands of tickets in that time frame. if all else fails, use that to your advantage. and if youre in southern california and are going to the santa ana court house, the first argument will work ;)

10yrs ago a cop says he paced me at 80mph on the freeway. I got a note from my mechanic who's my buddy saying my cars gears were messed up,etc(mechanic tech terms).... and anything over 70mph would put my motor at redline making it impossible for me to drive at that speed. Got off completely and gave the cop a little wink as i walked out of the court room. Prob one of the best days of my life ;)

im about to fight my recent ticket in court, i did some research on google and found a lot of interesting articles giving advice. my recomendations, push the court date back as far as possible, when in court ask to see the calibration log of the officers radar/laser gun, if he cant provide it move to have the evidence dropped, if it hadent been calibrated in a month or two then call him out and say that you were not speeding and his gun must have needed to be calibrated, guns can easily bee off up to 5 mph if they are not calibrated (ask any pitching coach), ask the officer specific questions about what happend (how many other cars were on the road, what color was my shirt, who was in the passenger seat, etc,), find out the exact speeding laws of the state u got your ticket in, in Texas and most other states all speed limits are not absolute unless deemed absolute by the local city govt, if the law says that speed limits are not absolute then a ticket can only be written if you are driving so much faster than the posted speed limit that you are driving "unsafe and causing danger of collision with another vehicle", you need to prove that you were not driving unsafe and not putting anyone else at harm. remember its court, you are innocent and its the officers job to prove you are guilty!! hope this helps! I hate speeding tickets, 75% of them are a TAX SCAM, they should be called tax collectors not police officers!

Good luck!!

TRUE

I know a handful of people who have fought tickets.The ones that went in with a lawyer won.The ones that did all kinds of research and went in on their own lost.The judge hurried up their arguments and didn't even pay attention to their facts.QUOTE]

My experience also.

Being smart and having good arguements doesn't cut it often. You might get lucky, but you might not.

I know a handful of people who have fought tickets.The ones that went in with a lawyer won.The ones that did all kinds of research and went in on their own lost.The judge hurried up their arguments and didn't even pay attention to their facts.QUOTE]

My experience also.

Being smart and having good arguements doesn't cut it often. You might get lucky, but you might not.

I had a 105 over the posted limit on a sport bike about 8-9 yrs ago. I had a great attorney that was a former state cop . paid him $500. He kept moving the date til right before christmas. I got supervision with 8hr traffic school(never went). This never even went on my driving record.
Good lawyer WITH CONNECTIONS is the way out.

Most of these suggestions will not work. The one that works the best is to keep rescheduling the court date. In hopes the officer will misplace the ticket and lose recollection. Other than that the judge will be on the side of the officer 95% of the time. But it's always in your favor to schedule a court date. The officer may not show or have court in a higher court or may lose the ticket. Take your chances there. Trust me I know.

pay a lawyer, the judge loves when you throw one of his own a bone, cop is just a middle man, its a game, if you walk onto the field you play along, thats the way it is

Awe come on, are you tellin me there isnt one female on here who got out of a ticket for somethin 'off the books'? GAY...thought this would be an interesting thread lol:banghead:

Years back that I was clocked 35mph over & the female DA took 8-10 of Us in a room, asked if We'd plea guilty then dropped 5mph off everyone else's...then mine she dropped 30mph to 5 over(everyone there was pissed & rolling eyes), I think she wanted a date..LOL:rolleyes:...lucky day for Me

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131