over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

metoformin

BIGFLEX

Newbies
what are your experiences with this just got some been on 3 days first day was horrible but getting mega fullnes on 1000mg a day
could i take it without a carb meal say just 250mg to improve insulin snsitivity ?

what are your experiences with this just got some been on 3 days first day was horrible but getting mega fullnes on 1000mg a day
could i take it without a carb meal say just 250mg to improve insulin snsitivity ?

why horrible??? stomach problems? from what i've heard you want to start at a lower dose till you get used to it. maybe 250 or 500mg a day. i've never used it.

i'm interested in this as well i plan on trying out as well sometime soon.

I've experimented with it. Had no negative sides and got a nice sensation of fullness, as you said. Wasn't tired even after a slug of pasta.

I'm a little afraid of taking it all the time since I'm taking peptides + gh, and I don't want to interfere with igf-1 / mTor pathways. DAT has some posts on metformin ... claims that metformin may reduce peptides' effectiveness.

But I liked metformin as far as my personal experience went.

i am using ghrp-2
not sure if its less effective tho
currently 250mg x4 with carb meal but am cutting soon so upping fats instead could i still take it with pro/fat meals still or would i go hypo easily

I've experimented with it. Had no negative sides and got a nice sensation of fullness, as you said. Wasn't tired even after a slug of pasta.

I'm a little afraid of taking it all the time since I'm taking peptides + gh, and I don't want to interfere with igf-1 / mTor pathways. DAT has some posts on metformin ... claims that metformin may reduce peptides' effectiveness.

But I liked metformin as far as my personal experience went.

being that its an alternative to using insulin, shouldn't it be synergistic with gh and peptides???

so it slows liver releaseing sugar?would this mean is stop catabolism thorugh glucogenisis inhibition correct?

I've never experienced any signs of hypo from metformin. Using ghrp and cjc as well no interference that I can notice anyways.

I have gone as high as 3g with no problems. You might be overly sensitive to it. You should not be going hypo unless your carbs are very low.

I love metformin.

Hi there Big A!

How do you use the metformin?

I confess to some confusion given metformin's positive effects on glucose metabolism but possible inhibitory effects on energy expenditure.

I thought this 2008 post from Conciliator was interesting:

People should understand that metformin's primary mode of action is activation of AMPK. AMPK is like a very sensitive cellular fuel gauge. The higher the level of AMPK, the stronger the signal of "empty." The result of increasing AMPK is that energy producing pathways are promoted and energy consuming pathways are inhibited.

The good news is along the lines of energy producing pathways. AMPK increases insulin sensitivity, enhances glucose uptake, increases fatty acid oxidation, and stimulates insulin-independent glucose uptake (i.e. glucose uptake that doesn't require insulin). The downside is that energy consuming pathways are also inhibited. This includes protein synthesis. AMPK directly inhibts mTOR, which is one of the most downstream signaling proteins regulating protein synthesis.

Basically, when you take metformin, not only are you improving glucose uptake, you're mimicking the cellular signal for "empty," which inhibits things that consume energy, including protein synthesis.

Last edited:
im getting on better with this everyday fuller and leaner even tohugh im not lowering carbs/kcals superb:headbang:

How many g of carbs are you taking in with a single 250mg dose of metformin?

as someone posted before... i would not use metformin on a regular base because it lowers IGF 1 production and that is not what we want...

use it if you re in a diet before a high carb cheat meal... or every once in a while but not daily...

How do you guys know it lowers igf, etc? Where have you seen actual evidence of this? Is it just because other people on the boards say it? Do you think you could actually tell that if was lowering igf?

How do you guys know it lowers igf, etc? Where have you seen actual evidence of this? Is it just because other people on the boards say it? Do you think you could actually tell that if was lowering igf?

Have a look in pubmed. Lots of studies - as well as interest in metformin as a cancer chemo-preventive strategy as it is anti-proliferative.

Here is one study:
Short-term treatment with metformin decreases seru... [Metabolism. 2002] - PubMed result

Appreciate your skepticism of bro-science tho.

GDA,s Glucose Disposal Agents can b used for both cutting and bulking. The amount of carbs and other macros and (cardio) are determined by ur individual goals,

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131