over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Cant understand bulking up and...

4stang6

Newbies
I just cant seem to understand getting bigger(muscle mass wise) and watching the fat go away.As of right now i weigh 183lbs.I have no idea what my bf% is but i know its alot.I have been working out religiously for 3 yrs now.I know i have a longggg road ahead of me before i start seeing great results.But i would of thought i would of seen good results by now.
My food intake isnt much at all.
Bowl of cereal OR egg sandwich w/Cheese IN THE MORNING
Baked Chicken OR Tuna sandwich on Whole grain Wheat Bread FOR LUNCH
AND 100%Whey Protein Shake with more chicken or another bowl of cereal FOR DINNER
ALL i drink is Water Until my cheat day which is every Saturday
Theres not much getting taking in there.Or atleast i wouldnt think so.
I go to the gym Mon,Tue,Thur,Fri for 2 hours at the least.
Every workout day after i do all my excercises i get on the treadmill for 45 mins.I run at a good pace, From there i go to concentrate on my ab workouts.
I do workout out all of my body.From head to toe but just dont seem to be losing much of the fat.
My goal is to be 180-190 with good definition.I cant even see my abdominals at all! so im at least wanting to get that those poking out a bit.

How can i boost myself to reach my goal quick.
Am i eating the wrong foods? what am i doing wrong? should i be eating ONLY 3 times a day? i mean where can i get good positive feedback to give me more motivation and direct me in the right path? any advice would be great.

1. Training history?

2. Supplementation history? Any AAS use? Prohormone or DS?

3. Training regimen? What body parts hit, what rep/frequency, exercises?

4. Height/Weight/BF % (approx)/age?

5. Any known medical conditions?

6. What is your temperature in the morning and at night? Measure yourself for a week and give us the readings.

Your diet isnt very good...

1. Training history?

6. What is your temperature in the morning and at night? Measure yourself for a week and give us the readings.

yes we need alot more info to make any legit suggestions.

first and formost u stated. " your food intake is not much at all"

thats a HUGE problem.

I literly eat your entire day off food in 1 of my meals! and I eat 7-8 meals a day.

food is your greatest anabolic weapon in your arsenal. You have to eat to gain muscle.

the reason you aren't losing fat is because you aren't eating enough!!

its sound counter-intuitive but the body often works in way that seem to defy logic.

the more muscle you carry the more fat you capable of 'burning'. by limiting your food intake you are limiting the amount of muscle gain. for example you weigh 183, i am currently 236 (and short lol). we are both males that work out so we have some muscle and extra calorie expenditure. i need more calories than you to stay alive. if we both laid in bed all day or both did heavy labor all day i need more than you, simply because i weigh more and carry more muscle. there are many guys on the board way bigger than me. they need more calories than me to do anything. the point of all this - if you want to increase your ability to burn fat, you need to gain more muscle. you can't gain more muscle without more food. by limiting your food you are limiting muscle growth and reducing your fat burning potential

the food of course must be quality food. bio available proteins, low glycemic index carbs, plenty of UNPROCESSED fiber (not ground up in bread or cereal). don't restrict your fats either!!! they are essential for maintaining normal hormone levels and muscle growth. if you eliminate crap foods from your diet the fats you do get will be ok, and necessary

also our bodies are pretty smart. you workout, and have a limited food intake. its possible your body is recognizing this as borderline starvation and putting itself into 'store fat at all costs mode'. we all know extreme low calorie diets work for 2-3 days, after which your body adjusts to the low calorie intake and the diet is useless

Your diet sucks...plain and simple.

Your diet sucks...plain and simple.

jonny O is right--your diet is the cause--treat the basic cause--there you go, if your bf 20-25%

then you lose 30lbs with a diet high in protein yet maintaining a calorie deficit, and carbs only for fueling your workout-recovery(pre-post workout) rest just have protein-protein and then some more.

this will make u use your bf for daily energy while you use protein to create muscle "atleast" maintain it, while training heavy intense.

then when you add cardio-aerobic training (empty stomach - post workout)--u will lose fat

then very soon (6-7 weeks) u will find urself researching about --fat-burners, and you will do it my friend

just re-search and apply..its just a matter of 15-18 weeks---of doing things correctly.
there you have your Six Packs

are you losing weight on a weekly basis?
if not, your calories are too high/you're not burning enough calories working out.

you're around 180 lbs... but how tall are you...

regardless, if you're 180 and fat, i would assume you aren't very tall... i'm gonna go against the grain here and say that you are eating too much/making poor food choices.

my advice is to you is to make sure you're getting at most 1800 cals, lay off the carbs... try to take in more than 150 grams of protein from beef, chicken, eggs, fish, and milk (if you aren't lactose intolerant) and do some serious cardio for 30-45 minutes... have a controlled cheat day or two per week... by controlled i mean eat whatever the hell you like, but eat only until you're half full then stop (takes a lot of self control)...

if you were 6'3 weighing 180 lbs with 20% bodyfat, yes, i'd probably tell you to eat more and better food... but if you aren't over 5'9-5'10... i'd say eat less.

this is coming from a guy who's 5'7, 200 lbs, 10% fat, and eating 1700 cals a day and gaining weight with an average/high metabolism (but i'm not natural)

Your diet is absolutely awful and this is the exact reason why you are not seeing much....

Follow this basic guideline for your diet....

Protein = 1-1.5grams per pound of body weight. For now, we will use 1 gram per pound. So if you weigh 183lbs, you need... 183 x 1 = 183 grams of protein

Carbs = .5g per pound of body weight .... 183 x .5 = 91 grams of carbs

Fats = .5g per pound of body weight .... 183 x .5 = 91 grams of quality fats

So in this basic diet, you have...

183 grams of protein which equals 732 calories...
91 grams of carbs which equals 364 calories....
91 grams of fats which equals 819 calories...

This totals to 1,915 Calories...

This is the amount of feed you must eat in order to gain some muscle and drop body fat...

Protein comes from steak, chicken, turkey, whey, and eggs

Carbs should only from clean sources, such as Oatmeal, bananas, and rice

Fats should come from the eggs, olive oil, and peanut butter...

Reformulate your diet and I guarantee you will see instant results from just eating properly for 2 weeks...

Last edited:
diet dose suck bro,and not for nothing,but do you really thing you deserve a cheat day if you r not seeing the progress you want.im my opinion you should not have a cheat day untill you get your diet in check ,and get closer to your goal.

Hire a good trainer and let them evaluate you.

Hire a good trainer and let them evaluate you.
If my gym had trainers i would.I live in a small populated town.The nearest gym with trainers is probley about 1hr away from me.

Your diet is absolutely awful and this is the exact reason why you are not seeing much....

Follow this basic guideline for your diet....

Protein = 1-1.5grams per pound of body weight. For now, we will use 1 gram per pound. So if you weigh 183lbs, you need... 183 x 1 = 183 grams of protein

Carbs = .5g per pound of body weight .... 183 x .5 = 91 grams of carbs

Fats = .5g per pound of body weight .... 183 x .5 = 91 grams of quality fats

So in this basic diet, you have...

183 grams of protein which equals 732 calories...
91 grams of carbs which equals 364 calories....
91 grams of fats which equals 819 calories...

This totals to 1,915 Calories...

This is the amount of feed you must eat in order to gain some muscle and drop body fat...

Protein comes from steak, chicken, turkey, whey, and eggs

Carbs should only from clean sources, such as Oatmeal, bananas, and rice

Fats should come from the eggs, olive oil, and peanut butter...

Reformulate your diet and I guarantee you will see instant results from just eating properly for 2 weeks...
I will stick to this from now on.Would veggies be good to eat?
if not, your calories are too high/you're not burning enough calories working out.

regardless, if you're 180 and fat, i would assume you aren't very tall... i'm gonna go against the grain here and say that you are eating too much/making poor food choices.

my advice is to you is to make sure you're getting at most 1800 cals, lay off the carbs... try to take in more than 150 grams of protein from beef, chicken, eggs, fish, and milk (if you aren't lactose intolerant) and do some serious cardio for 30-45 minutes... have a controlled cheat day or two per week... by controlled i mean eat whatever the hell you like, but eat only until you're half full then stop (takes a lot of self control)...

if you were 6'3 weighing 180 lbs with 20% bodyfat, yes, i'd probably tell you to eat more and better food... but if you aren't over 5'9-5'10... i'd say eat less.

this is coming from a guy who's 5'7, 200 lbs, 10% fat, and eating 1700 cals a day and gaining weight with an average/high metabolism (but i'm not natural)
Nope,Ive been staying at 180-182lbs..Wont go over more or go down less
yes we need alot more info to make any legit suggestions.

first and formost u stated. " your food intake is not much at all"

thats a HUGE problem.

I literly eat your entire day off food in 1 of my meals! and I eat 7-8 meals a day.

food is your greatest anabolic weapon in your arsenal. You have to eat to gain muscle.
How in the world do you eat almost 8 meals? what do your meals consist of exactly?
Im a ford tech and work from 8-5, I have NO time to squeeze in any meals as my job goes by commision
1. Training history?
training history? i would assume your talking about how long i've been doing this, Only 3 yrs

Right now i use:
Jack3d for preworkout
100% whey protein
thats it, Now i have done a Prohormone in the past but that was last year.And im thinking of cycling the PH again this year

on Mondays i do Arms and legs.
Tuesdays i do Chest and back
Thursdays i do Arms and legs again with less weight at a fast pace
and Friday i do Shoulders,Abs and Cardio
Im 5.7/181lbs/bf is unknown/ Im 24yrs

no medical conditions
as for my temp, i have no clue, would there be a reason as to why i would watch it?

I'm also going to cycle another PH soon but am thinking of doing a small amount of gear instead ... What would benefit me more in bulking up with mass?

I just cant seem to understand getting bigger(muscle mass wise) and watching the fat go away.As of right now i weigh 183lbs.I have no idea what my bf% is but i know its alot.I have been working out religiously for 3 yrs now.I know i have a longggg road ahead of me before i start seeing great results.But i would of thought i would of seen good results by now.
My food intake isnt much at all.
Bowl of cereal OR egg sandwich w/Cheese IN THE MORNING
Baked Chicken OR Tuna sandwich on Whole grain Wheat Bread FOR LUNCH
AND 100%Whey Protein Shake with more chicken or another bowl of cereal FOR DINNER
ALL i drink is Water Until my cheat day which is every Saturday
Theres not much getting taking in there.Or atleast i wouldnt think so.
I go to the gym Mon,Tue,Thur,Fri for 2 hours at the least.
Every workout day after i do all my excercises i get on the treadmill for 45 mins.I run at a good pace, From there i go to concentrate on my ab workouts.
I do workout out all of my body.From head to toe but just dont seem to be losing much of the fat.
My goal is to be 180-190 with good definition.I cant even see my abdominals at all! so im at least wanting to get that those poking out a bit.

How can i boost myself to reach my goal quick.
Am i eating the wrong foods? what am i doing wrong? should i be eating ONLY 3 times a day? i mean where can i get good positive feedback to give me more motivation and direct me in the right path? any advice would be great.

Before I post on your original post, DO NOT USE GEAR YET!!!!!, It is not the something that will transform you instantly, you have way too much to figure out before you start messing with your bodies hormones!

Now, here is some advice for you: HIRE A TRAINER!!!

Yes, you said your gym/hometown doesn't have one, even better. Hire Phil or Alex, they are great! Search through some of their clients and look at the transformations. And, they will be much cheaper than any trainer you're going to find at Gold's or any other place. They will get you a meal plan and workout plan too!

You are overtraining BIG TIME! At least 2 hours a day? WTF are you doing? I have a workout partner and my longest day in the gym is 1.5 hrs, that's if I decide to do cardio after!

Seriously, PM Alex AND Phil and talk to them. Get a feel for each one and make a decision that way. And, go look at their client transformations in the members photo section.

Hire Alex, or some other trainer whichever you can afford. And then leave it in their hands to design what to do, you just gotta execute it. Relieve stress & make progress.

Stop spending money on supps, and spend it on a professional.

The reason why I asked for body temp was if you've been dieting a lot and your metabolism is shut down. Usually a low reading will indicate that your metabolism is shut down and even if you aren't eating much your fat loss will stagnate

IMO this is great advice. Other than listening to this, I would hire one of the trainers on our site here like Phil Hernon or hire one at your gym that seems to know what they are doing. If money is an issue, Phil's rates are great and cant be beat.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear