over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

buying a reverse hyper

dragonfire101

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Whats you guys thoughts on buying a reverse hyper. I found a place that is local can make me a commercial grade one for $600 out the door. I had to talk him down for awhile I guess he been selling them for about $900. I then told him Rogue had one out for $800, which I think he was not aware of, which sealed the deal. It looks almost like the one below Louie has.

Only differance is its little narrow 36' wide and bottom legs little longer in the back by the foot steps ist another 6' longer sp total length is 60', but looks the same the same. All welded steal.

Louie Simmons Reverse Hyperextension Ultra

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
I love these machines! spending $800 for one is steep if you can't find one from a "Used Gym Equipment Broker".

I love these machines! spending $800 for one is steep if you can't find one from a "Used Gym Equipment Broker".

Thats were I went a Used Gym Equipment Broker

The Commercial ones NEW are between $1500 -$2500... Used your at $800
minium for one that goes for $1500 and easily still over $1000 for one that goes for over $2000 new.

The one I was looking at would be made new for me at $600.. and is the same platform that I posted in the Link to Louie machine that goes for $2000. Time that was shipped it would be over $2200.

I thought $600 was a deal maybe Im wrong.

Last edited:
Made new for you locally at $600 would not be bad. Will they deliver it to your location as part of building it? Then it would be a good price.

Great deal if

If it's ergonomically correct. I owned a gym and always wanted that and a glute/ham bench. How did you chose between, or do you already A glute/ham?

But be careful, a few inches here, a few there and it may be quite different from elite fitness. It may even injure you. $600 is a GREAT deal, if it works. And the reverse hyper, glute hams are tougher to find in the used market (but I assume you know that) commercial gym don't carry them.

Just curious, what state do you live in? Sounds interesting.

unrelated to the machine but related to the movement....

wondering if i would injure myself

one college gym had it and it was built very nicely,

but i cant find it anywhere

i got on the regular hyper ext bench, raised the pad up,,put a db between my feet, and leaned over reverse orientation and raised up the db using lowerback and glutes

didnt feel 100% right, im trying to find something equivalent however

funny: watching a sweaty meathead walking around scratching his head with chains, db, bb, trying to 'invent' something in the gym lol

HA! Same here!

unrelated to the machine but related to the movement....

wondering if i would injure myself

one college gym had it and it was built very nicely,

but i cant find it anywhere

i got on the regular hyper ext bench, raised the pad up,,put a db between my feet, and leaned over reverse orientation and raised up the db using lowerback and glutes

didnt feel 100% right, im trying to find something equivalent however

funny: watching a sweaty meathead walking around scratching his head with chains, db, bb, trying to 'invent' something in the gym lol

Hilarious! I knew there was a reason we get along so well :)

I LOVE that machine too... I have a VERY tricky lower back that I really to stay on top of in my rehab and this movement helps ALOT... anywho- I have to something similar... I think I draw some weird stares b/c with my rear in the air it looks like I'm getting myself "ready" if you know what I mean hahahahaha... but yes, it just doesn't feel the same

right im sure you cant find this machine in any prison yard.

If it's ergonomically correct. I owned a gym and always wanted that and a glute/ham bench. How did you chose between, or do you already A glute/ham?

But be careful, a few inches here, a few there and it may be quite different from elite fitness. It may even injure you. $600 is a GREAT deal, if it works. And the reverse hyper, glute hams are tougher to find in the used market (but I assume you know that) commercial gym don't carry them.

Just curious, what state do you live in? Sounds interesting.

Thing is who says Elite Fitness is the correct measurements. Elite Fitness makes 3 different ones with 3 different measurements. I see several other companies making them they all have different measurement same concept though.

This ain't a new exercise. I use to do them in H.S. 15 yrs ago. Are athletic trainer would have players do them who had back issues and to stabilize our core. We would hang off the end of the athletic table with a theraband tide to the bottom of the table forming a loop. We would put our ankles and feet inside the loop and do them this way.

Others have used a exercise-ball off a bench or just a high bench to do them for years before machines were made.

Last edited:
Thing is who says Elite Fitness is the correct measurements. Elite Fitness makes 3 different ones with 3 different measurements. I see several other companies making them they all have different measurement same concept though.

There's a reason why the Louie Simmon's Reverse Hyper that EFS sells is patented (3 different patents on the machine). Legend Fitness is the manufacturer for the Louie Simmon's Reverse Hyper machines. Not saying you can't immitate the movement with another manufacturers machine, but it will not have the same feel or be as effective. When I was in the market for a reverse hyper I called Susan at Midwest Barbell to inquire about buying one from her. To her Credit she talked me out of buying one from her telling me instead to go with Lou's Reverse Hyper. I have also spoken with other powerlifters who have experience with using Lou's reverse hyper and other brands of reverse hypers and they said there was no comparison. My wife bought me a pro reverse hyper from Louie as a Christmas present and I love it.

There's a reason why the Louie Simmon's Reverse Hyper that EFS sells is patented (3 different patents on the machine). Legend Fitness is the manufacturer for the Louie Simmon's Reverse Hyper machines. Not saying you can't immitate the movement with another manufacturers machine, but it will not have the same feel or be as effective. When I was in the market for a reverse hyper I called Susan at Midwest Barbell to inquire about buying one from her. To her Credit she talked me out of buying one from her telling me instead to go with Lou's Reverse Hyper. I have also spoken with other powerlifters who have experience with using Lou's reverse hyper and other brands of reverse hypers and they said there was no comparison. My wife bought me a pro reverse hyper from Louie as a Christmas present and I love it.

How was Louie doing them before he built the machine? Maybe I just do them off end of a high bench and save $600 or $750 if a Westside approved model is the only recommended reverse hyper?

Anyways what about Rogue's version at $750 that was a collaboration with Westside? Legend Fitness makes this one too and its a totally different design.

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
How was Louie doing them before he built the machine? Maybe I just do them off end of a high bench and save $600 or $750 if a Westside approved model is the only recommended reverse hyper?

Anyways what about Rogue's version at $750 that was a collaboration with Westside? Legend Fitness makes this one too and its a totally different design.

**broken link removed**

The rogue reverse hyper is the light home gym model of Lou's reverse hyper that Louie also sells. It can only handle 280lbs of plate weight where as the commercial models can be loaded with considerablely more weight. I don't know what you mean by it being a totally different design? The most important aspect of a reverse hyper is the location and design of the swing arm (which is patented) in relation to the hips. Yes you can do reverse hypers off of a high bench to strengthen the low back, hams and glutes, but you won't get the decompression of the spine doing them that way. For the record, I'm not affiliated with Louie Simmons or any company selling his reverse hyper and have nothing to gain if you buy one. I'm just a powerlifter that did some research on reverse hypers because I was interested in having one in my home gym. I'm just trying to share what I learned to help you in making your decision regarding purchasing a reverse hyper.

Last edited:
The rogue reverse hyper is the light home gym model of Lou's reverse hyper that Louie also sells. It can only handle 280lbs of plate weight where as the commercial models can be loaded with considerablely more weight. I don't know what you mean by it being a totally different design? The most important aspect of a reverse hyper is the location and design of the swing arm (which is patented) in relation to the hips. Yes you can do reverse hypers off of a high bench to strengthen the low back, hams and glutes, but you won't get the decompression of the spine doing them that way. For the record, I'm not affiliated with Louie Simmons or any company selling his reverse hyper and have nothing to gain if you buy one. I'm just a powerlifter that did some research on reverse hypers because I was interested in having one in my home gym. I'm just trying to share what I learned to help you in making your decision regarding purchasing a reverse hyper.

Ya I heard the Rogue can accommodate up to a 300lb person and 280lbs weight. That would be plenty for me. Don't ever plan to be over 300lbs and don't think I plan on using more than 280lbs.

I'm skeptical because I asked 2 chiropractors and physical therapist and they informed me the decompression phase is occurring from just hanging off the bench to begin with and you will get more if you can swing your feet past your hips as it opens up the spine. So as long as your on a high bench hanging off your decompressing to begin with then if you can keep your legs straight and break parallel past your hips your good. I'm assuming the swing arm is patented to be placed so it allows the weight to swing past the hips .

Ya I heard the Rogue can accommodate up to a 300lb person and 280lbs weight. That would be plenty for me. Don't ever plan to be over 300lbs and don't think I plan on using more than 280lbs.

I'm skeptical because I asked 2 chiropractors and physical therapist and they informed me the decompression phase is occurring from just hanging off the bench to begin with and you will get more if you can swing your feet past your hips as it opens up the spine. So as long as your on a high bench hanging off your decompressing to begin with then if you can keep your legs straight and break parallel past your hips your good. I'm assuming the swing arm is patented to be placed so it allows the weight to swing past the hips .

The swing arm is located under or just a little forward (depends on the size of the person) of the hips as you lay on the machine. As the weight swings under the machine, it tractions the spine and helps move fluid in between the vertabrae. Westside Barbell has some good videos on Youtube demonstrating the reverse hyper. You might want to rethink that about not using more than 280lbs on this movement. Last night my wife did 290lbs for 3 sets of 10 on our reverse hyper. Granted, she is strong as hell for a 140lb woman.

Last edited:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner