over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

MY dumest idea ever

Stewie Griffon

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
MY dumbest idea ever

this will probably ruin the minimal credibility (if any at all ) that i have on this board

for quite some time now i have been suffering deinnervation of my right pec. not totally deinnervated like a severed nerve, but a partial amount, maybe 65% if i had to pick a number

i recently made this post about it
http://www.professionalmuscle.com/f...le-atrophy-nerve-damage-russian-stim-etc.html

the problem is basically i can't contract my right pec strongly, only minimally. my strength has suffered drastically and my pec has atrophied

so my dumb idea is this: if i cant stimulate it strongly during a workout, only minimally, it wont grow. but what if i stimulated it minimally all day long??

thus my idea of crawling everywhere entered my mind. so what if i crawled around my house instead of walking? wearing one of those weight vests that you buy at dicks or sports authority. obviously i can't do it in public or i will end up in a rubber room wearing paper clothes. maybe i can do it outside too if the neighbors don't call the cops, or think i'm dying. i'm willing to try almost anything

Last edited:
This post just made you my favorite member. Lol wouldnt maybe just doing say pushups to failure once every hour be a little easier. I mean your knees might hurt especially if you have solid floors.

This post just made you my favorite member. Lol wouldnt maybe just doing say pushups to failure once every hour be a little easier. I mean your knees might hurt especially if you have solid floors.

unless you have nerve damage its hard to describe. its like my pec isn't connected. my brain is sending a signal but the muscle just doesn't respond properly. achieving failure without the proper signal is almost impossible. that why i though of something that would provide intervals of continuous stimulation.

i also have an electronic muscle stimulator coming.

thus my idea of crawling everywhere entered my mind. so what if i crawled around my house instead of walking? wearing one of those weight vests that you buy at dicks or sports authority. obviously i can't do it in public or i will end up in a rubber room wearing paper clothes. maybe i can do it outside too if the neighbors don't call the cops, or think i'm dying. i'm willing to try almost anything

this is the post of the year

Instead of crawling around....maybe try one of those electronic muscle stimulators like they use in physical therapy. And while you are at it....you might want to seek some psychological counseling too...:rolleyes:

hahhahaha this thread had me dying

your dumbest idea was also even DUMBER because you spelled dumbest wrong in your title ha

i have a similar problem in my left lat due to some shoulder surgeries. Cant fully flair out my lat and it bothers me so much.

I can't fully contract my bicep from nerve damage. Doing something is better than nothing but I am not sure craling will stimulate it enough.

I think flapping your arms like they were wings would be a better choice, look how big chicken breasts are! :D

unless you have nerve damage its hard to describe. its like my pec isn't connected. my brain is sending a signal but the muscle just doesn't respond properly. achieving failure without the proper signal is almost impossible. that why i though of something that would provide intervals of continuous stimulation.

i also have an electronic muscle stimulator coming.

that was my first thought bro

this may be a better idea. you wont alarm the neighbors as much. And get the one with the bigger wheels so you can still go to the beach

Attachments

• rasta_1.jpg
    rasta_1.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 452
Remember Gunner Rosbo?he was a big mfer back in the day. He had that nerve
thing going on and one side of his body was noticebly smaller. I don't know if he ever overcame it. his "bad" side was still pretty good. T

In those rooms with rubber walls you would have all day to crawl around

Unless your paychecks depend upon the symmetry of your body . . . why do that?

Unless your paychecks depend upon the symmetry of your body . . . why do that?

Until its time to die - I intend to never, never ever give up...
I overcame a 70% deficit in my right arm (tricep & pec) to now only a 10% deficit. I did this with patience, persistence, hard work and intelligent/creative exercises.
I know you've heard stories or even know of someone that the doctors say will never walk again. Yeah, a wheelchair is fine - you don't need to walk & most jobs have handicap access. Guess what? I'll always have hope and always work to overcome...Guess what? Those that persevere are the ones that DO walk again. The ones that give up NEVER walk again...

I overcame a 70% deficit in my right arm (tricep & pec) to now only a 10% deficit. I did this with patience, persistence, hard work and intelligent/creative exercises.
I know you've heard stories or even know of someone that the doctors say will never walk again. Yeah, a wheelchair is fine - you don't need to walk & most jobs have handicap access. Guess what? I'll always have hope and always work to overcome...Guess what? Those that persevere are the ones that DO walk again. The ones that give up NEVER walk again...

Fair enough. . .Touche!

so you don't think i'm a nut?

Absolutely not.
Keep being creative.
I think you are on the right track with the e-stim unit. Give some thought to static loaded stretching (DC Stretches). Keep an open mind about unilateral open-chain exercises - yes, crawling is one (actually, it's bi-lateral)...
But most importantly - consider the importance of NOT perpetuating the imbalance.
Give it all you've got...

Last edited:
Your goal is good, no one will disagree on that. Your planned means are a bit out there though. Have you looked into a pec implant, lipo filling, electronic stimulation, doing some unilateral exercise at home, ...?

Surely you can't be serious that crawling around all day was your first idea? If so you might really be nuts :D

Absolutely not.
Keep being creative.
I think you are on the right track with the e-stim unit. Give some thought to static loaded stretching (DC Stretches). Keep an open mind about unilateral open-chain exercises - yes, crawling is one (actually, it's bi-lateral)...
But most importantly - consider the importance of NOT perpetuating the imbalance.
Give it all you've got...

thanks bro. hearing your story and others like it helps motivate me to keep trying.

Your goal is good, no one will disagree on that. Your planned means are a bit out there though. Have you looked into a pec implant, lipo filling, electronic stimulation, doing some unilateral exercise at home, ...?

Surely you can't be serious that crawling around all day was your first idea? If so you might really be nuts :D

believe me bro, i have tried EVERYTHING conventional. crawling was not even remotely close to my first idea!!! its just that normal ideas like unilateral exercises are not thread-worthy.

i do find that decline dumbell presses is one particular exercise where i can focus a bit more on my pec major.

another one i came up with is 1 arm floor presses with a smith machine. i lay flat on the floor under the smith machine bar (perpendicular of course). well when i would do a normal bench there is a position my hand would be in at the top of the motion. i place myself under the bar so that this position lines up with the center of the bar. in essence i treat the smith machibe like an extremely long dumbell with my hand in the center. i tried doing similar things with dumbells one hand on various benches, but the balance just doesnt work. on the floor my body has no where to twist

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear