YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Physical therapy worth the money for treatment?

naturalsux

Registered
I pulled or tweaked a muscle in my upper back. Ive been to the chiro and a

massage therapist with little to no relief.

So i got referred to a PT today. $70 for the exam and $107 for each session of therapy.

they want me to go 3 times a week, i cant afford that. I can probably do once or twice a week.

So to the people that have went to PT's, was it worth the money.

No, it's not worth it. If you know a token amount of kinesiology you should be able to do a better job than most physical therapists.

Find a better chiro than the one you have now. It shouldn't take more than 5 or 6 visits, and a once every four weeks tune-up, depending on the severity of the problem. And if your new chiro pulls out one of those 'activators', run out the door. 99% of them don't use it to any effective degree.

My $.02

Last edited:
I pulled or tweaked a muscle in my upper back. Ive been to the chiro and a

massage therapist with little to no relief.

So i got referred to a PT today. $70 for the exam and $107 for each session of therapy.

they want me to go 3 times a week, i cant afford that. I can probably do once or twice a week.

So to the people that have went to PT's, was it worth the money.

That depends on the quality of the therapist you are seeing as well as what the actual cause of the problem is.

I was never a big believer in going to one but after I tore my pec I decided to go and just see if it helped any. I have pretty good insurance so it wasn't a big cost, but if it did cost you should go once and at least get the exercises they say will help..then do them on your own. A lot of my visits I just did the stuff I already knew and they would slowly increase the range of motion. you could do that on your own

I was never a big believer in going to one but after I tore my pec I decided to go and just see if it helped any. I have pretty good insurance so it wasn't a big cost, but if it did cost you should go once and at least get the exercises they say will help..then do them on your own. A lot of my visits I just did the stuff I already knew and they would slowly increase the range of motion. you could do that on your own

I agree with this, go at least once and see if you can pick at least a few things up.

Alot of the exercises they have you do you can seek out on internet but like someone already stated its going to depend on the degree of the injury.

or go and try it out see if its worth your time/money, its at least worth a shot if it means recovering faster and not to mention you do need a PHD for PT now...have to give them some credit!

maybe StrongRhino( i think this is him) will chime in hes a very educated bro

Last edited:

Im gonna go for one visit at least, i already paid 70 today for the exam.

I thought i was gonna get some therapy today:(

Id love to try stuff at home but the area on my back is almost impossible for me to reach.

My GF is a sissy and complains about her hands hurt when massaging me:(

No, it's not worth it. If you know a token amount of kinesiology you should be able to do a better job than most physical therapists.

Find a better chiro than the one you have now. It shouldn't take more than 5 or 6 visits, and a once every four weeks tune-up, depending on the severity of the problem. And if your new chiro pulls out one of those 'activators', run out the door. 99% of them don't use it to any effective degree.

My $.02

My chiro only does adjustments, isnt that what they all do??

Whats a activator?

Alot of the exercises they have you do you can seek out on internet but like someone already stated its going to depend on the degree of the injury.

or go and try it out see if its worth your time/money, its at least worth a shot if it means recovering faster and not to mention you do need a PHD for PT now...have to give them some credit!

maybe StrongRhino( i think this is him) will chime in hes a very educated bro

Im def gonna go at least once since i already paid the 70 dollar exam fee.

Its not a terrible pain, but a deep, hard to reach pain.

They said its where my upper ribs meet of the spine/thorax, i either pulled the muscle attached to it or popped a rib out. Whatever that means, just going off they told me.

Im def gonna go at least once since i already paid the 70 dollar exam fee.

Its not a terrible pain, but a deep, hard to reach pain.

They said its where my upper ribs meet of the spine/thorax, i either pulled the muscle attached to it or popped a rib out. Whatever that means, just going off they told me.

PT definitely has its place. I have been through tons of it for many injuries. I have great insurance so it only cost me $15 a session. Since your being charged that much I would do what the guys are saying. Go in and have them show the exercises and then do them at home. Go in like once a week for new ones. All of my PT exercises were things i could do at home. Good luck bro.

My $.02

That is about all that statement is worth $.02. You think PT's only have a token amount of kinesiology. That is why it is one of the hardest programs to get into. You need to have at least a 3.5 gpa to get into school and they make good bank. Most PT programs are phd now a days.

PT definitely has its place. I have been through tons of it for many injuries. I have great insurance so it only cost me $15 a session. Since your being charged that much I would do what the guys are saying. Go in and have them show the exercises and then do them at home. Go in like once a week for new ones. All of my PT exercises were things i could do at home. Good luck bro.

Thanks, i hope i can do mine at home as well. I have insurance but have to meet my deductible before they pay 80%.

My chiro only does adjustments, isnt that what they all do??

Whats a activator?

I'm saying not all chiros are created equal. I went to four different DCs before I found one that was effective and worth the money. I believe I had a similar problem as you are having.

Most others try to get as much money from you as possible (most of this type tend to use the activator), have you come in for X amount of visits per week for weeks on end, etc...so they can make their Porsche payment that month.

I'm saying not all chiros are created equal. I went to four different DCs before I found one that was effective and worth the money. I believe I had a similar problem as you are having.

Most others try to get as much money from you as possible (most of this type tend to use the activator), have you come in for X amount of visits per week for weeks on end, etc...so they can make their Porsche payment that month.

I have 2 chiros, ones $30 and the other is $40. The $30 dollar one only does adjustments.

The 40 dollar one does a little PT, im thinking i should go to this one again.

I have 2 chiros, ones $30 and the other is $40. The $30 dollar one only does adjustments.

The 40 dollar one does a little PT, im thinking i should go to this one again.

$30 ?!, that's a great deal if you get quick results. You don't happen to live in southern california? :D

$30 ?!, that's a great deal if you get quick results. You don't happen to live in southern california? :D

30 is only fora adjustment, she told me it was a muscle spasm and just to massage it. I ve been going there for a few yrs.

I just started going to the 40 dollar one just recently, but quit going after a few visits. He couldn't adjust me as well as the other. I think he might better suited for this injury now.

I live in louisiana :(

Just plain ignorant!! Sorry if I take offense to this, but I am a PT. Yes, there are bad PT's as there are bad apples in any field; but to say that with a small amount of kinesiology you can do better than most PT's is just plain wrong.

I'm only saying what I believe. I have worked around Physical Therapists at numerous locations throughout Southern California and observed their techniques for years, firsthand. My opinion is it's largely useless.

I would rather save my money and design my own rehab program, but first I'd find a good, results-producing chiro.

Of course, only the OP knows how bad he's hurt. So how do we know if he needs a PT or not? He may find a better chiro and not need a PT. Most likely a muscle spasm, yeah that's worth $391. You see my point? It's not like he was in a car accident.

she told me it was a muscle spasm and just to massage it. I ve been going there for a few yrs.
(

Last edited:
I'm only saying what I believe. I have worked around Physical Therapists at numerous locations throughout Southern California and observed their techniques for years, firsthand. My opinion is it's largely useless.

I would rather save my money and design my own rehab program, but first I'd find a good, results-producing chiro.

Of course, only the OP knows how bad he's hurt. So how do we know if he needs a PT or not? He may find a better chiro and not need a PT. Most likely a muscle spasm, yeah that's worth $391. You see my point? It's not like he was in a car accident.

So what is it that the "results-producing chiro" is going to do that is so beneficial that a good manual physical therapist isn't able to also do? Not trying to open up a can of worms here comparing DC's to PT's but you have basically said for a muscle strain that PT is useless but Chiro is top priority.

Also, you may feel based on your experiences that PT is useless for a muscle strain of this nature, but your initial comments were that with a token amount of kinesiology he could do BETTER than most PT's. Perhaps you may want to reword that because those initial remarks say something completely different.

I was only doing dips(maybe going to deep idk) when i felt the pain.

I had to stop immediately. A few days later i was doing dips again no

problem. The pain is just there, always nagging and reminding me.

I just dont wanna re injury it or injury it worst.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws