over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

help! knees are in major pain when I squat

AlphaMaleDawg

Banned
Over the last couple of months, my knees started to hurt a little bit during squats, but it became unbearable last week. Today during my leg workout, I couldn't even do squats at all due to the pain they caused on my knees. I have been training for 7 years and this is the first time I have been unable to perform an exercise due to something bothering me. Has this happened to anyone else, and is there any solution? I want to be able to continue squatting heavy and not have to worry about my knees hurting when I go parallel

haha......welcome to getting fucking OLD bro!!

every damn day something else hurts on me man

feels like im falling apart

i will tell you this......if it hurts......dont do it:(

Are you drinking alcohol any?

Does it hurt when you squat without weight? If not you could try going ass to grass with less weight. It makes me drop about 20% weight but really does the job.

i deff agree with tenny that you have to listen too the body if knees are hurting that much take a few weeks off from legs, and use that extra day to hit a muscle group that could be lacking behind say like back, most peoples back are behind the rest of there bodies no pun intended :action-sm:action-sm:action-sm

haha......welcome to getting fucking OLD bro!!

every damn day something else hurts on me man

feels like im falling apart

i will tell you this......if it hurts......dont do it:(

that sucks. how long do you not do squats when you have knee pain? Should I train other leg exercises or skip them altogether for a month? I would hate to do that and watch them shrink

Are you drinking alcohol any?

what does this have to do with anything? sometimes on the weekend to answer your question but not too much

Does it hurt when you squat without weight? If not you could try going ass to grass with less weight. It makes me drop about 20% weight but really does the job.

yes even bodyweight and they are in pain. And the lower I go, the more it hurts

well depending how and why they hurt???

sometimes 3 weeks at the most
and then i still dont go very heavy
for a couple weeks after that

:(

do a lower impact type of leg training for a few weeks
go for "the pump"....dont worry about the weight

well depending how and why they hurt???

sometimes 3 weeks at the most
and then i still dont go very heavy
for a couple weeks after that

:(

do a lower impact type of leg training for a few weeks
go for "the pump"....dont worry about the weight

they hurt when I go low, but if I don't it's not a real squat. even bodyweight hurts them.

for this lower impact type leg training, what exercises do you recommend to achieve this?

they hurt when I go low, but if I don't it's not a real squat. even bodyweight hurts them.

for this lower impact type leg training, what exercises do you recommend to achieve this?

pm me about it.....i'll set you up

where's the pain?
above yr patella? the tendon? if its tendonitis yr basically screwed for quite awhile. does it hurt just squatting down to pick stuff up?

old skool rehband knee sleeves from jackalsgym .com

I don't know about you but I am on the taller side (over 6 foot) and I feel like I have to take extra care of my knees. A couple of things I do to prevent knee pain are:

1. warm up on a pressing machine 15 to 20 reps for 2 sets...nothing crazy just get a little pump. I don't warm up on leg extensions because those fuck your knees up even more. Save em for the end.

2. I don't go below parallel. I know a lot of people are totally against this, but if it hurts your knees (like it does for me) then it doesn't make sense to do it. Just go till your at 90 degrees.

Thats my 2 cents.

Same for me. Knees hurt when i squat. Even just body weight squats hurt. They hurt when doing leg extensions. I attribute this to my years in the Navy. Walking on steel decks and going up and down ladders. Peace.

i have patella (right below knee cap) and quadriceps tendonitis (right above knee cap). I usually warm my knees up by doing high rep, low weight leg extentions about 4x15. I use a menthol gel (cvs brand about $4) to help warm them up. I wear knee sleeves on my heaviest set of squats/leg press. But nowadays, i only squat every other week. If my tendonitis acts up, i do not do any exercises that i feel pain.

Most tall guys seem to not be able to squat without knee pain, me as well at 6'4. I feel it's mostly a glute exercise for me anyway so fuck it.

train your calves first, then train your hamstrings next. do a few light sets of leg extensions (these dont count for workout) to get some blood flowing. then try squatting. or even do squats after presses. try wrapping @ a certain point (different for everyone) or use the valeo neoprene sleeves, and maybe use a menthol rub or something similar at the beginning of your ham or quad workout to help with pain. i have bad knees from 12 yrs of football, 6 yrs of catching, and stupid form in the gym early on. doing this has helped tremendously.

I have a herniated disc that I never bothered to fix,it hurts like hell at mid point of a squat, but I take stims to mask the pain and with all that adrenaline I still push heavy weights,tho I'm not suggesting you to do that if its that bad I say take some time off to heal.Mean time you could do hack squats and see if it hurts the same or bearable,I feel like hack squats if done correctly will make your legs grow as same as conventional squat.

Try Knee Wraps. My knees used to hurt sometimes when I would squats but knee wraps keep them tight and I haven't had any issues.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws